• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist

Shiny Arcanine Trainer

You know what I really want? A glow in the dark Pokémon. Maybe some sort of fish or nocturnal animal.

Don't Chinchou & Lanturn have bacteria on the bulbs on it's antennae like real life bioluminescent fish, so surely that's your glow in the dark fish Pokémon right here?

EDIT: from Bulbapedia: "Lanturn's yellow orbs come from a modification of its dorsal fin. These orbs contain a colony of bacteria that creates a chemical reaction that generates electricity in a similar fashion to that of a battery, and Lanturn can freely manipulate such electricity."

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Oh god, PLEASE let this happen!!!

http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1371149129806.jpg

Fire/Poison Manticore with Levitate FTW!!!!!

EDIT: Or Fire/Dragon with Levitate

It's probably not true. Although I'd like a manticore and Shishiko has that kind of tail, I think 4chan is pulling our leg this time. Has this been on PokéBeach? Even if it was, I'd still be a fan of it, but I'd doubt its authenticity.

The Flash

I like shorts!
I have a feeling delcatty and skitty will get retyped anyway but I would LOVE an evolution for them it got screwed over stat wise so and evo could fix this

I feel like it'd be kinda weird to give Delcatty an evolution considering you need to use a Moon Stone. Unless they create some new way for Moon Stone Pokemon to evolve.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
i guess though not everything with wings has levitate. I just prefer it to have ground as a weakness

Don't worry. Mold Breaker'll be there for ya.
A Levitating Manticore would be really cool to see in a Sky battle! However, I don't think it's real. It'll probably end up like Luxray and be another awesome lion that doesn't need wings to be aesthetically creative!

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
It's probably not true. Although I'd like a manticore and Shishiko has that kind of tail, I think 4chan is pulling our leg this time. Has this been on PokéBeach? Even if it was, I'd still be a fan of it, but I'd doubt its authenticity.

It's not a rumor. It's speculation. Nothing is confirmed.

i guess though not everything with wings has levitate. I just prefer it to have ground as a weakness

...Why would you want it to have a 4x weakness when it's perfectly capable of having an immunity instead?

Mystic Flygon

I feel like it'd be kinda weird to give Delcatty an evolution considering you need to use a Moon Stone. Unless they create some new way for Moon Stone Pokemon to evolve.

Porygon evolves twice both times with items, I think it would be cool if delcatty evolved with a dusk stone think of it like this: After skitty receives radiation from the moon, it needs the full power of night to evolve once again.

...Why would you want it to have a 4x weakness when it's perfectly capable of having an immunity instead?

Really just depends on the stats, if it has balanced stats, levitate would be fine. If it has stats like togekiss or swampert, it might need to lose levitate to be more balanced. I'm hoping it only has slight manticore references in the design, like a wingless variant, Maybe a mixture of a sphinx and a manticore throw in a chimera too if you'd like.

Last edited:

mtie123

Johto's Hero
It's not a rumor. It's speculation. Nothing is confirmed.

Dunno just do i guess, if he had the typing he'd have three weaknesses with levitate so i guess it would be fine

Porygon evolves twice both times with items, I think it would be cool if delcatty evolved with a dusk stone think of it like this: After skitty receives radiation from the moon, it needs the full power of night to evolve once again.

Really just depends on the stats, if it has balanced stats, levitate would be fine. If it has stats like togekiss or swampert, it might need to lose levitate to be more balanced. I'm hoping it only has slight manticore references in the design, like a wingless variant, Maybe a mixture of a sphinx and a manticore throw in a chimera too if you'd like.

This would be my major concern

rocky505

That's different. No Pokemon that is evolved using a stone has an evolution.

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist

I mean, I doubt it would be THAT bulky, but I can definitely see it with Arcanine-esque stats, so if that's an indication. I'm sure Gamefreak has a handle on balancing types by now, and 3 weaknesses to the fairly common Water, Rock, and Psychic types is still balanced. I imagine the final stage with 80/80/80 defenses personally, if not, less. Plus Togekiss doesn't have a double weakness, and it can be taken down. I'm sure even is it was a tank, it would be fine.

Last edited:

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
^ Drifloon is balloon is it not?

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
I'm bored so I'll start posting my Kalos wishlist:

Absol Evo and pre-evo: Evo should look more like the chinese white lion myth it's based on and hopefully a more balanced black and white in color scheme like the lower half of the body is black and the upper half is white. Maybe Dark/ Normal or Dark/ Fairy type

Dunsparce Evo: Large togekiss style wings and really long Milotic style body, Maybe add pink to the color scheme and make it Normal/ Fairy, Normal/ Dragon, or Fairy/ Dragon

Makuhita Female alt evo: Grass/ Fighting Hawaiian Hula Dancer

Tropius evo and pre-evo: Evo should be bipedable like Plateosaurus, I'd like it to stay Grass/ Flying because riding a giant flying dinosaur is too cool.

Wailmer alt evo: Based on a zeppelin mixed with a bowhead whale Water/ Flying.

Bannete Evo: Based on a wooden puppet Ghost/ Grass

Staryu alt evo: Based on a Brittle Star Water/ Dark

Delcatty Evo: Normal/ Fairy based on Puss in Boots

Altaria Evo: Dragon/ Flying a more dragonic looking Wyvern.

Numel alt evo: Fire/ Ice Alpaca

Shedinja Evo: Ghost/ Bug More shinobi like with a scizor like build.

Leave your thoughts :)

I'm also praying that they don't overdo it on the evos for previous Gen Pokemon. around 7-8 would be just fine for me.

I'm hoping the opposite, a lot of old pokes are outclassed by new ones. They need evos to compete with them

I agree lol.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just looked at Furabebe's Sugimori art again, & is the triangular thingy on its face supposed to be its nose? I thought it was a beak or something like that

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
I know but stats matter and if Arcanine is anything to go with it will have coverage moves such as crunch and wild charge

Arcanine is also extremely easy to knock out...

...I mean, it isn't a walk in the park, but it's not OU for a reason.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Arcanine is also extremely easy to knock out...

...I mean, it isn't a walk in the park, but it's not OU for a reason.

Why i said it depends on stats. That's where it lies, if it has meh stats yeah what the hell give it levitate i would like to see it in sky battles. If it gets good stats then it may end up a lil op imo. I'm not really bothered anyway not a competitive battler

Status
Not open for further replies.