• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I want to see more pairs of Pokemon that compliment each other, just like the ones we've had in the past. These are the ones I have in mind:
Miltank and Tauros
Plusle and Minun
Zangoose and Seviper
Solrock and Lunatone
Sawk and Throh

Of course we'll get some legendaries like that, but here I'm just thinking of non-legends. What do you think we might end up seeing this time in that regard?
Here are the two ideas I have for pairs of natural rival Pokemon:
1) Gravity and Levity. The Gravity Pokemon would be Ground/Water-type, because in Greco-Roman mythology Gravity was the force that governed the elements of Water and Earth. The Levity Pokemon would be Fire/Flying, because the myths also stated that Levity was the force that governed the elements of Fire and Wind.
2) The Unstoppable Force v the Immovable Object. One of them is basically Juggernaut from X-Men, where as soon as he gets momentum going he demolishes everything in his path; the other one is a major defensive wall that can't be pushed back by any amount of force.

i want to see some dark or ghost types that compliment each other or BUGS!

Bearcubxox

Lol I like plusle and minion... But since the point of them is like to debut 2v2 battles and helping hand... It sadly them incredibly useless solo pokemon lol and even together... They reach what, almost useable?

But SAME! I love Pachirisu and Emolga! I'd love for the pikas of each gen to at least be useful in the game but even a level 100 Pachirisu struggles to be part of the team at the league...

And I would love some alternate evolutions... Maybe some more male and female pokemon evolution splits?

And I agree with an above post, having more pokemon like can goose and decipher or Solrock and Lunatone (has anyone had that mind blowing experience when they realise Lunatone comes from Luna and Stone? My mate and I seriously had to take a moment and a deep breath when we realised... Lol losers we are)

Last edited:

Yveltal96

A little more human
Lol I like pliable and minion... But since the point of them is like to debut 2v2 battles and helping hand... It sadly them incredibly useless solo pokemon lol and even together... They reach what, almost useable?

But SAME! I love Pachirisu and Emolga! I'd love for the pikas of each gen to at least be useful in the game but even a level 100 Pachirisu struggles to be part of the team at the league...

exactly i mean why not give the loveable pokes a competitive edge? i mean pikachu got one. he evolves into raichu and i have owned with raichu multiple times in Red and FireRed

Bearcubxox

I know :-/ I'd really like to see them get evolutions but it won't happen :-/
Still hope the pika is a grass type this generation... I want a grass type bear (be awesome if Chespin if he DID become a bear) and an ice type husky/wolf.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I know :-/ I'd really like to see them get evolutions but it won't happen :-/
Still hope the pika is a grass type this generation... I want a grass type bear (be awesome if Chespin if he DID become a bear) and an ice type husky/wolf.

I was thinking of using Chespin but i have used a grass starter from gen 3-5 so i figure why not fennekin he looks awesome. what would be cool is if he became a more defensive starter cause there aren't many defensive starters especially the fire ones.

Bearcubxox

I've used grass starters for gen 1,4 and 5 and looking like 6 too. But if I can have an awesome bear and a wolf pokemon in the same gen and neither being a dark or normal type... That would be amazing... Hopefully one day I can have a team full of cuddly bear pokemon that is actually good, so far Ursaring and Beartic are a good start... Just need a nice grass type bear, a fire one, water one and some type of bear hybrid that can fly lol (don't know how THAT'S gonna happen lol)

I was thinking maybe they can do a Flying Snake, it would be Poison/Flying, giving the type something new(Zubat is a favorite of mine but I like lesser used dual types to be used more often).

If they do a Ray, I'd want a Stingray, Mantine was based on a Manta Ray.

Tell you the truth bro I didn't even know they had Flying Snakes. That typing goes with it perfectly.

Thats what I meant a Stingray thanks for correcting me.

I'll also want another Scorpion Pokemon Drapion was an absolute Beasted.

I can't see to many evolutions for Generation 5 Pokemon in Gen 6 besides Stunfisk.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I've used grass starters for gen 1,4 and 5 and looking like 6 too. But if I can have an awesome bear and a wolf pokemon in the same gen and neither being a dark or normal type... That would be amazing... Hopefully one day I can have a team full of cuddly bear pokemon that is actually good, so far Ursaring and Beartic are a good start... Just need a nice grass type bear, a fire one, water one and some type of bear hybrid that can fly lol (don't know how THAT'S gonna happen lol)

nice lol my fav combo with ursaring is Guts, Flame Orb, and Facade. He demolishes. but that would be cool if they made a grass bear. Right now i am breeding torchics for dream world abilities and an adamant nature from a blaziken with speed boost that a guy from Japan traded me for a shiny aerodactyl. i will use him in my team in Y along with Yveltal and any bug pokemon they make (im hoping for bug/dark)

Yveltal96

A little more human
But doesn't being burnt lower your attack? Wouldn't toxic orb be better?

not with guts: Guts raises the Attack stat by 50% while affected by the burn, paralysis, poison, or sleep status ailments. The Attack drop from burn does not occur. i dont like toxic orb because damage taken each turn is increased

gliscor&yanmega

Tell you the truth bro I didn't even know they had Flying Snakes. That typing goes with it perfectly.

Thats what I meant a Stingray thanks for correcting me.

I'll also want another Scorpion Pokemon Drapion was an absolute Beasted.

I can't see to many evolutions for Generation 5 Pokemon in Gen 6 besides Stunfisk.

I don't think Flying Snakes are the most commonly known Animals. Most people probably wouldn't think Snake can fly(Even though Flying Snakes glide, which is like how Flying Squirrels don't actually fly either).

Another Scorpion would be fine with me, I like having them use a species more then once, gives more options and potential for themed teams.

I could see a handful getting evolutions, there's a few that aren't part of an evaluation line, doubt all will get one though.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I don't think Flying Snakes are the most commonly known Animals. Most people probably wouldn't think Snake can fly(Even though Flying Snakes glide, which is like how Flying Squirrels don't actually fly either).

Another Scorpion would be fine with me, I like having them use a species more then once, gives more options and potential for themed teams.

I could see a handful getting evolutions, there's a few that aren't part of an evaluation line, doubt all will get one though.

i could go for a scorpion and keep its bug typing this time Drapion *cough* *cough*

Bearcubxox

Drapion isn't a scorpion, it's an accordion pokemon....

I'm clearly joking... So yeah a bug ground type scorpion found in the dessert.

Last edited:

Yveltal96

A little more human
Draping isn't a scorpion, it's an accordion pokemon....

ok haha you had me for a second but yeah that would be cool but i REALLY want a bug/dark so if it was a scorpion like that, that would be sick

Ryan7437

Banned
Gen 1: Fire
Gen 2: Water
Gen 3: Fire
Gen 4: Fire
Gen 5: Grass
Gen 6: Probably Water

Machomacho

I kind of threw Excadrill and Cofagrigus just because I guess. The others are the only ones I see getting evos or pre evos out of all of gen V

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
question: when do leaks usually wind up happening? because i honestly want to know whats gonna be in it without all these speculations at this point in time, no matter how much fun they are.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Gen 1: Fire
Gen 2: Water
Gen 3: Fire
Gen 4: Fire
Gen 5: Grass
Gen 6: Probably Water

I never really liked water type starters the only one i've used is feraligatr ive used typhlosion, charizard, feraligatr, sceptile, torterra, and serperior. Plus i don't really like Froakie all that much so I'm definitely going with Fennekin since i use grass a lot

question: when do leaks usually wind up happening? because i honestly want to know whats gonna be in it without all these speculations at this point in time, no matter how much fun they are.
usually about a month after they release some more info but so far nothing and it's driving me crazy

Zachmac

Draping isn't a scorpion, it's an accordion pokemon....
*Snicker*
Speaking of deserts, I've wanted a grass type tumble weed pokemon that is planted to the ground, later to evolve into a grass/ghost tumbleweed pokemon that rolled across the desert.

Though I'm just getting my hopes up. I doubt that's going to happen exactly...but a tumbleweed pokemon is still a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.