• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I wonder if we will get another bug to go with Scatterbug (like how theres Venipede and Sewaddle) Also I wonder what the early Normal type will be plus I wonder if they will do any house cat or dog pokemon

Hmmm we should be getting one more. The regional bug usually has a counterpart, along with other bugs added to the region.
I still really want a Bug/Ice type and a Bug/Dark type :/

jake279

Ice Master
we've had a new cat line in every gen except gen 2 I wonder if we will get one this gen last gen was the first time the cat wasn't a Normal Type I wonder if they might do a Fairy type Cat Pokemon maybe based off a Witches Cat but Faeish (Witches were known to catch and keep Fae/Fairy)

I have a feeling they're going to change Skitty and Delcatty's typing to fairy type. Didn't a cat pokemon leak (unconfirmed) that was yellow and stood upright and was psychic type? Most probably fake but you never know

I have a feeling they're going to change Skitty and Delcatty's typing to fairy type.

That would not surprise me.

Also, do you guys think there might be a fairy type legendary, maybe something of the likes of celebi? That would not surprise me either.

Ditto24

Veilstone's Myth - A young man, callow and foolish in
innocence, came to own a sword.
With it, he smote Pokémon, which gave
sustenance, with carefree abandon.
Those not taken as food, he
discarded, with no afterthought.
The following year, no Pokémon
appeared. Larders grew bare.
The young man, seeking the missing
Pokémon, journeyed afar.
Long did he search. And far and wide,
too, until one he did find.
Asked he, "Why do you hide?"
To which the Pokémon replied...
"If you bear your sword to bring
harm upon us, with claws and
fangs, we will exact a toll.
"From your kind we will take our
toll, for it must be done.
"Done it must be to guard ourselves
and for it, I apologize."
To the skies, the young man shouted
his dismay.
"In having found the sword, I have
lost so much.
"Gorged with power, I grew blind
to Pokémon being alive.
"I will never fall savage again.
This sword I denounce and forsake.
"I plead for forgiveness,
for I was but a fool."
So saying, the young man hurled the
sword to the ground, snapping it.
Seeing this, the Pokémon disappeared
to a place beyond seeing...

Hmm, interesting.

Thats about Giratina. The sword is just a sword.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Here's my quick top 10:

1. Noivern
2. Froakie
3. Litleo
4. Yveltal
5. Helioptile
6. Honedge
7. Clauncher
8. Xerneas
9. Fennekin
10. Skrelp

Hmmm we should be getting one more. The regional bug usually has a counterpart, along with other bugs added to the region.
I still really want a Bug/Ice type and a Bug/Dark type :/

I'd definitely like to see a Bug/Dark type, what do you think would be a good choice for that?

Rikku Takanashi

Adventuring Vulpix
Yeah I think it was called Espurr but I hope they do a more witches cat like one

I hope Honedge can be gotten semi early on same with Noivern I hate having to wait a long time to catch a Pokemon I want in my main team and having it be at fairly high levels I like training them from low levels

Ace Trainer Alex

wants to fight!
I'll be happy if they bring Machop back with No Guard somewhere in Kalos. Given that they are showing all sorts of Gen 1-5 pokémon so far combating against Gen 6 pokémon, and the fact that the only game Machop wasn't in from the get-go was Black/White (as they were to use only Gen 5 pokémon until after the league), I have high hopes!

danburite3

Honedge... bah. It'll always be Hexcalibur to me.

I wonder if it evolves? Maybe into some kind of possessed suit of armour... or even just a disembodied sword/shield combo.

Either way, I'm guessing Honedge has high attack and non-existent defences, just based on its appearance. But I do hope it evolves into something that can take a hit.

Last edited:

Missingno.Fan

I have a feeling they're going to change Skitty and Delcatty's typing to fairy type. Didn't a cat pokemon leak (unconfirmed) that was yellow and stood upright and was psychic type? Most probably fake but you never know
I remember a rumor of cat Pokemon named Espurr and Meowstyc, but I don't remember any description on appearance.

I hope Honedge can be gotten semi early on same with Noivern I hate having to wait a long time to catch a Pokemon I want in my main team and having it be at fairly high levels I like training them from low levels

I feel the same way about those pokemon. I also hope they are not version specific. I would hate having to choose between any of the gen 6 pokemon so far.

jake279

Ice Master
I remember a rumor of cat Pokemon named Espurr and Meowstyc, but I don't remember any description on appearance.

There was a picture. It got put up on Nintendo site or something by accident and then removed, if I'm not mistaken? It was yellow, had purple stripes on it's arms and stood upright on two legs.

EDIT - If you go on Google images and search Espurr, it's the very first picture that comes up with Fletchling and Pancham. It might be fake, but apparently (not sure of the source :/) it was put up and then removed from an official site (either Nintendo or Pokemon, I forget)

Last edited:

Coller23

Aggron Extraordinair
There was a picture. It got put up on Nintendo site or something by accident and then removed, if I'm not mistaken? It was yellow, had purple stripes on it's arms and stood upright on two legs.

EDIT - If you go on Google images and search Espurr, it's the very first picture that comes up with Fletchling and Pancham. It might be fake, but apparently (not sure of the source :/) it was put up and then removed from an official site (either Nintendo or Pokemon, I forget)

Huh Interesting, although it could have been photoshopped in. But this was posted all the way back in May.

If it is legit I LOVE the design!

Rakurai

I'm having doubts about all of the showcased Pokemon being available in the Kalos dex, partly due to the sheer number of dragons there'd be (Dratini, Bagon, Axew, Deino, and Noivern lines at minimum).

Then again, it would make sense for a region based on a country in Europe to have an abundance of dragons, considering that's where the myths originated and what not. If they do all end up being in the game, then I hope they'll all show up earlier on for the sake being able to get a good amount of use out of them in the story.

RageKaiser

Chespin :D

I saw the image on Google, did you see it on the site yourself? Because if you did then it's likely legit.

Coller23

Aggron Extraordinair
Also the Cat if it's real is obviously an electric type because of all the lightning bolts on it. The whiskers, the tail. It can't be espurr because that's supposed to be pure psychic.

jake279

Ice Master
Huh Interesting, although it could have been photoshopped in. But this was posted all the way back in May.

Yeah, way back in May is when I first saw it. It was discussed on these forums but then everyone just forgot about it. I guess because it hasn't been confirmed yet, Serebii won't comment on it until it is. Out of sight, out of mind. It hasn't been confirmed yet so it might not be legit but it's a decent design. I wouldn't mind it being a part of 6th gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.