• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
There was a picture. It got put up on Nintendo site or something by accident and then removed, if I'm not mistaken? It was yellow, had purple stripes on it's arms and stood upright on two legs.

EDIT - If you go on Google images and search Espurr, it's the very first picture that comes up with Fletchling and Pancham. It might be fake, but apparently (not sure of the source :/) it was put up and then removed from an official site (either Nintendo or Pokemon, I forget)

It's FAKE, guys.
I can tell that it's not Sugimori's. Sugi has a unique way of drawing lineart and shading.
The yellow cat was a lame attempt to copy Sugi's style.

It's also a bad Photoshop. The person who did this forgot to put a drop shadow.

I can't believe I forgot to put that in the Rumors and Fake Scans thread...
Added.

Leafseal

Fear the Foliage
Hoping for a Grass/Dragon pokemon, maybe as the pseudo-legendary in this region. Unlikely but keeping my fingers crossed!

jake279

Ice Master
It's FAKE, guys.
I can tell that it's not Sugimori's. Sugi has a unique way of drawing lineart and shading.
The yellow cat was a lame attempt to copy Sugi's style.

It's a bad Photoshop. The person who did this forgot to put a drop shadow.

I can't believe I forgot to put that in the Rumors and Fake Scans thread...
Added.

Fair enough. I just remember reading it on these forums but I don't really keep up so I never heard it it was proven fake or whatever. Still a pretty good design either way

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Hoping for a Grass/Dragon pokemon, maybe as the pseudo-legendary in this region. Unlikely but keeping my fingers crossed!

I think it is more likely Fairy will get a pseudo legendary.
There has been too many Dragon pseudo legends and Fairy has been introduced. Let's hope that if a Fairy pseudo-legenda comes along it won't be like Tinkerbell and more like a fearsome Troll.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
That would be AWESOME!

It would. But the problem is that GameFreak doesn't seem to be stepping away from stereotypically cute Fairies. If Machamp became Fairy typed my argument would be pointless, but that doesn't seem like happening. A Troll would seem like a Fairy type for the next gen.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I'm still rooting for my Griffin, a Dullahan Psuedo-legendary would be nice provided Honedge isn't it, fairy/steel would be great typing.

It would. But the problem is that GameFreak doesn't seem to be stepping away from stereotypically cute Fairies. If Machamp became Fairy typed my argument would be pointless, but that doesn't seem like happening. A Troll would seem like a Fairy type for the next gen.

To be fair, they've only shown one new fairy at the moment excluding retypes, I'd give it more time to see where they go.

That would lead me to expect a legendary along the lines of celebi, although I would not be surprised to see something like a garden gnome.

Rikku Takanashi

Adventuring Vulpix
Oh gods not Fairy speculation in here XP just because GF has show Pokemon that cover the Cute, Elegent, and Beautiful element if Fae doesn't mean they won't cover the creepy, mysterious, darker side of Fae someone go look up Puck and Will-o-wisps (not the japanese kind the europian kind) the idea that Fae are cute and good and all that is a modern ideal and there are legends of people hunting Fae because they were considered bad luck also im noticing GF is strength and weakness wise using the Fae and then using the Fairy Type as a sort of grouping like how Yoksi is used though the Fairy have to have some reasonably strong connection to Fairy
Sylveon and Flabebe are cute and graceful and made as fairy types
Marill is reference to undines
Gardivoir is graceful and elegent plus now she has two types like Gallade (least I assume she keeps her Psychic type)
Jigglypuff that one is a bit more mysterious guess it's the cute factor plus maybe a bit of whimsy because it's a balloon pokemon

I could see GF doing a Fairy/Ghost type Will-o-wisp Pokemon and maybe a Dark/Fairy Puck like Pokemon though Puck while highly mischivious is a woodland spirte so more likely Grass/Fairy

Again id like to see a Pure Fairy Cat with a witch theme or a Grass/Fairy cat with a Hedge Witch theme

Regality

Digital King
Oh gods not Fairy speculation in here XP just because GF has show Pokemon that cover the Cute, Elegent, and Beautiful element if Fae doesn't mean they won't cover the creepy, mysterious, darker side of Fae someone go look up Puck and Will-o-wisps (not the japanese kind the europian kind) the idea that Fae are cute and good and all that is a modern ideal and there are legends of people hunting Fae because they were considered bad luck also im noticing GF is strength and weakness wise using the Fae and then using the Fairy Type as a sort of grouping like how Yoksi is used though the Fairy have to have some reasonably strong connection to Fairy
Sylveon and Flabebe are cute and graceful and made as fairy types
Marill is reference to undines
Gardivoir is graceful and elegent plus now she has two types like Gallade (least I assume she keeps her Psychic type)
Jigglypuff that one is a bit more mysterious guess it's the cute factor plus maybe a bit of whimsy because it's a balloon pokemon

I could see GF doing a Fairy/Ghost type Will-o-wisp Pokemon and maybe a Dark/Fairy Puck like Pokemon though Puck while highly mischivious is a woodland spirte so more likely Grass/Fairy

Again id like to see a Pure Fairy Cat with a witch theme or a Grass/Fairy cat with a Hedge Witch theme

I can not see this happening without it being Fire/Ghost..
But you are right in that they could cover the darker aspects of the Fairy type, and kinda need to if they want to show the haters that the type is not all about cute, pink and feminine only pokemon.

Aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool
We've only seen 2 new fairy types they obviously can't make the old ones more menacing so the new ones will cover the more broad fairies. Before we judge the type let's wait untill we see the rest. (especially if Xerneas is fairy-type it'll break the cutsie view of fairies....)

Jskid44

Froak you!!
I am really liking the new type. Super effective against Dragon, and I am hoping it is weak to poison. Will give my favorite type a boost.
What I am really wanting to see is Togekiss go Fairy/Flying, but I don't see them dropping a type to any pokemon to add a new one

DevilFruit

Good Kitty
I can not see this happening without it being Fire/Ghost..
But you are right in that they could cover the darker aspects of the Fairy type, and kinda need to if they want to show the haters that the type is not all about cute, pink and feminine only pokemon.

I think Fairy types in this and later generations should have multiple evos. One being the cutesy evolutions, the others being unexpected evolutions like wispy spirit fairies that might look scary or somethin' lol!

Rikku Takanashi

Adventuring Vulpix
I said the Europian Will-o-wisps not the Japanese kind Will-o-wisps arn't just fire but they can also be balls of light

I just Wiki'd Fairy to know what I was talking about a bit better and there are alot of legends about malicious or mischevious Fae it also depends on the era too some Fae like Puck were originally friendly and good house or woodland spirits/fae but later were considered mischivious fae

I still can't believe Selkies are considered fae but I was right Fairy is sometimes used as a general term for magical creatures, spirits, fae themselves, etc just like how Yokai is

Also finding out that many Fae originally were tall, wingless, and graceful makes Gardivoir becoming part(or whole) Fairy even more approperate

jake279

Ice Master
There's no reason why all fairy types must be cutesy. I'd love them to make an evil fairy that was Fairy/Dark type and had really sharp teeth. I think Flabebe will be the only stereotypical fairy and that's just to establish the type (Have we established whether it has one leg or two yet?).

I said the Europian Will-o-wisps not the Japanese kind Will-o-wisps arn't just fire but they can also be balls of light

I just Wiki'd Fairy to know what I was talking about a bit better and there are alot of legends about malicious or mischevious Fae it also depends on the era too some Fae like Puck were originally friendly and good house or woodland spirits/fae but later were considered mischivious fae

I still can't believe Selkies are considered fae but I was right Fairy is sometimes used as a general term for magical creatures, spirits, fae themselves, etc just like how Yokai is

Also finding out that many Fae originally were tall, wingless, and graceful makes Gardivoir becoming part(or whole) Fairy even more approperate

Do you think elves, gnomes, or ogers would fall into that category?

Anyways, are any of you guys hoping for evolutions of any pokemon, if so, which ones?
If I had to had to choose 6 pokemon to give evolutions to, i would choose these:
Chatot
Kricketune
Durant
Kangaskhan
Octillery
Absol

I think evolutions to those would be pretty cool.

Last edited:

DevilFruit

Good Kitty

Foo Fighters are a kind of ball-of-light that might fit that description of will o whisp.

And aren't Yokai demons?

jake279

Ice Master
Anyways, are any of you guys hoping for evolutions of any pokemon, if so, which ones?
If I had to had to choose 6 pokemon to give evolutions to, i would choose these:
Chatot
Kricketune
Durant
Kangaskhan
Octillery
Absol

I think evolutions to those would be pretty cool.

Hmm, a Durant evolution would be cool.

I personally want a Stunfisk evo. I saw a stingray-like fan-art evo for it that was just amazing and would turn it from appalling to one of the best in the game.
A Noctowl evo would be nice. It should really be Psychic/Flying type.
A Sunflora evolution would be nice. It's the perfect candidate for Grass/Fire typing and at the moment it's completely overlooked.
I also saw a fan-art for a Cacturne evo that would easily make it the coolest grass-type in the game but alas it's not real. An official evo like that be very much welcomed.
I think everyone wants Altaria and Dunsparse evo's. I'm not fussed if we don't get them but they would be cool.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
One thing I think would be interesting is if Rhyhorn was given a quadrupedal split evo to go along with the new riding feature in the game. If the rumors of Stantler getting an evo are true, I think that one of the main reasons why would be because of this new feature since Masuda said back at E3 that different pokémon may be needed to ride through different areas

Rikku Takanashi

Adventuring Vulpix
Yokai cover demons but are not strickly demons Yokai covers Magical Creatures, Monsterous Creatures, Spirits, and Demons Kitsunes, Kappa, and Tanuki are Yokai and they arn't demons they are magical creatures though you can have demon varients of them Tsukumogami and Kodama are considered Yokai and they are spirits you get my drift Yokai is a group term for many different creatures just as Fairy is sometimes used

Id actually like to see Absol and Zangoose get pre evos or baby forms theres a fakemon from long ago of a baby evo of meowth that I so wish GF would do one day lol

Status
Not open for further replies.