• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool
I'd love for a Bannette evo. When Dusclops got the amazing Dusknoir I was so pissed they left bannette in the dust even though they were counterparts :(

DevilFruit

Good Kitty
Bannette should get a puppeteer ghost/normal evo. The puppeteer will have a new move that cause the opponent to use the move it was about to on itself like how an evil puppeteer uses his control to make his puppets hurt them selves.

Rikku Takanashi

Adventuring Vulpix
I don't know if they'd go for a puppetier for Banette but maybe though id rather see it get a more less doll and more ghost like it finally got past the doll

Banette and Shuppet are interesting Shuppet is based on a Teru Teru Bozu and Banette to me seems like a cross between a Possessed Doll and a Tsukumogami though airing more in the Possessed Doll

Something about Banette says independence so im not sure Banette would go the puppeteir route but maybe

It did strike me as odd that the Duskull line got a 3rd evo and the shuppet line didn't maybe whatever it's evo will be a Ghost/Fairy type maybe they were just gaving trouble figuring out what exactly to do with Banette

Id like to see them do a actual weather Teru Teru Bozu it would be a Ghost/Normal type and have access to Rain Dance and Sunny Day plus Weather Ball lol when it does Sunny Day it would face upright when it did Rain Dance it would turn upside down

I can see why they went for a Teru Teru Bozu that feeds off of negitive emotions though as the story behind Teru Teru Bozu isn't very pretty its not bad but theres a somewhat good reason why a Teru Teru Bozu would be attracted to negitive emotions

Oh! Speaking if weather id like to see Castform get a Evo

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'd love for a Bannette evo. When Dusclops got the amazing Dusknoir I was so pissed they left bannette in the dust even though they were counterparts :(

What's the next step after puppet and doll? Possessed body pillow, complete with picture of half-naked animay girl?

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Something about Banette says independence so im not sure Banette would go the puppeteir route but maybe

It did strike me as odd that the Duskull line got a 3rd evo and the shuppet line didn't maybe whatever it's evo will be a Ghost/Fairy type maybe they were just gaving trouble figuring out what exactly to do with Banette

Id like to see them do a actual weather Teru Teru Bozu it would be a Ghost/Normal type and have access to Rain Dance and Sunny Day plus Weather Ball lol when it does Sunny Day it would face upright when it did Rain Dance it would turn upside down

I can see why they went for a Teru Teru Bozu that feeds off of negitive emotions though as the story behind Teru Teru Bozu isn't very pretty its not bad but theres a somewhat good reason why a Teru Teru Bozu would be attracted to negitive emotions

Oh! Speaking if weather id like to see Castform get a Evo

Ok, I paraphrased your quote a little. Banette is based on a doll, yes, but also got inspiration from marionettes, the dolls with strings attached to their hands, feet, and heads. It's arms display this aspect quite well in both anime and in-game. And Castform is also like a Teru Teru Bozu, not just Shuppet. Which is weird that you didn't say that in your post because you started talking about Castform at the end. We do need a Ghost/Normal this Gen. Especially since Fairy (if the rumors are true) will disrupt the rather ideal Fighting/Dark coverage. It would only be fair if SOMETHING finally had the ability to stop the penultimate type coverage combination, Ghost/Fighting. I'm hoping for a benevolent ghost this time. Like more of a passive spirit than a wrathful wraith.

jake279

Ice Master
I really do NOT want a Banette evo. I love Banette just the way it is. It's my favourite ghost type by far and if they give it a lame evolution and mess it up I will not be impressed. There are far more pokemon that need evolutions much more than Banette does. Leave Banette alone

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
What's the next step after puppet and doll? Possessed body pillow, complete with picture of half-naked animay girl?

Just going to leave this right here.

human-cloning-doll061-500x280.jpg

There you go, you're welcome.

I'm with Jake279. As much as the fans have wanted a Banette evolution for years, all it really needs is a decent coverage move NOT named Hidden Power (Fighting). One of like a handful of Pokémon to still suffer from the Gen IV move split. I'd personally prefer the split as Banette can handle itself.

Last edited:

Rikku Takanashi

Adventuring Vulpix
I thought about Castform being a Teru Teru Bozu after I posted but I think Teru Teru Bozu only deal with sun and rain and Castform deals with hail but I Castform does have Teru Teru Bozu traits like it's shape and the fact that it's a weather creature

It would be nice if Banette got a evo but I do think it's fine how it is

If Flabebe gets any evo's I could see it's second form being kinda like Kirlia but more Flabebeish and on its back it might have two to 4 buds and on its head instead of a crown of picked flowers theres a ring of buds then it's finall evo would be the teen or adult stage the buds on its back would bloom into either butterfly or dragonfly like wings made out of flower petals and the crown of buds would bloom and it would be tall and graceful like Gardivoir the idea behind it's evo's is that Flabebe is a Flower Fae so the flower it finds as a Flabebe would become part of it later on so like Flabebe would be a Seed the second evo a bud and the third a bloom

Cutty

Forever now
I'm liking the new sword pokemon Honedge... it looks like an antique... a bit too short for my taste... but I'm sure it'll grow longer once it evolves... xD if it has an evolution...

A Banette evo would be a bad***...

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
If Flabebe gets any evo's I could see it's second form being kinda like Kirlia but more Flabebeish and on its back it might have two to 4 buds and on its head instead of a crown of picked flowers theres a ring of buds then it's finall evo would be the teen or adult stage the buds on its back would bloom into either butterfly or dragonfly like wings made out of flower petals and the crown of buds would bloom and it would be tall and graceful like Gardivoir the idea behind it's evo's is that Flabebe is a Flower Fae so the flower it finds as a Flabebe would become part of it later on so like Flabebe would be a Seed the second evo a bud and the third a bloom

This could be the single hardest run-on sentence to glean through on this forum. While we appreciate your enthusiasm for Flabebe, please use punctuation.

Cutty

Forever now
I personally wouldn't mind a Banette evolution. It would probably be really creepy, by pokémon standards and even mine.

The male Banette could be evolved into... chucky doll like... xD

I also want more clown based pokemon... Mr Mime looks too nice for my taste...

I'm liking the new sword pokemon Honedge... it looks like an antique... a bit too short for my taste... but I'm sure it'll grow longer once it evolves... xD if it has an evolution...

Yah it looks pretty awesome. I wonder what kind of abilities it might have.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Yah it looks pretty awesome. I wonder what kind of abilities it might have.

We're hoping Levitate. But knowing Game Freak, Infiltrator, Steadfast, and No Guard are more in-line for abilities they'd give it. Technician would be cool, but with Ghost and Steel as the typing, there's not to many moves in the current roster with STAB that get the boost. Metal Claw and Shadow Punch seem unlikely. Also, Cursed Body, especially considering the description we got for it earlier today about sucking the life force out of unwary wielders.

DinoKing

Burn...
I really do NOT want a Banette evo. I love Banette just the way it is. It's my favourite ghost type by far and if they give it a lame evolution and mess it up I will not be impressed. There are far more pokemon that need evolutions much more than Banette does. Leave Banette alone

I love Banette, too, but I think it should evolve, plus if I don't like it evolved form, then I can just use eviolite Banette.

DevilFruit

Good Kitty
Eviolite seems like the reason people want pokemon to evolve. It's just higher defenses and really doesn't help unless the nfe Pokémon has decent defenses. I don't think Banette has good enough defenses. If we get more physical Ghost moves, Banette would probably shine more since it has great physical Attack!

Ninfia-Fan

Oh my Gosh... Honedge is terrible. it's literally just a sword. what is Pokemon coming to?!?!

If you don't like Honedge, then what about Electrode/Voltorb or Magnemite/magneton?
They're just Pokeballs or magnets, respectively and people didn't hate them.
I'd rather have a sword than a red and white ball any day.

While I admit there have been some bad designs for Pokemon, I believe Honedge isn't one of them.

Tyler1998

Pokemon masterish
I feel as though gamefreak should make a Taurus pre-evolution and a lapras pre-or after evolution just my opium let me know what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.