• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Well if it is grass/ghost then our hm01 cut won't, ahem, cut it. Thank goodness we're getting Honedge, perfect for chopping it into lumberwood.
I'm mostly excited to here it's dex entry/story.

Navarch

I fell as if this Tree Pokemon has been long overdue. I see these kinds of trees in tons of movies, although what I would really like is if they made a split evolution for the Tree. Have it evolve from a Mini Tree into Grass/Ghost or Grass/Psychic. Dusk Stone and Dawn Stone.

JW1004

I fell as if this Tree Pokemon has been long overdue. I see these kinds of trees in tons of movies, although what I would really like is if they made a split evolution for the Tree. Have it evolve from a Mini Tree into Grass/Ghost or Grass/Psychic. Dusk Stone and Dawn Stone.

that would be nice, but they could also use a Shiny Stone for a friendly tree, beside teh scary one

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I wonder how long we have to wait until an "official" revealing of Aurotto? We did get Honedge in the middle of nothing really, so maybe a high res art of Aurotto next week and full details in next months corocoro? Or then we just have to wait a month for everything.

Well seeming technically the Japanese public has now been introduced to it, we could be seeing a reveal soon. Apparently PokéSmash is playing a/the demo on the show and will catch a "new" Pokémon. Personally I'm hoping it's Orotto and that's how we get it's official reveal, although it could just be one of the other 5 Pokémon we've recently seen. Heck, I'm sure Patrat wasn't fully revealed until the month later in CoroCoro, so we could be having a month wait.

Aurath8

I know but if you look closely you can see the difference. With Pangoro there looks like there is no difference between his fur and eyes

Maybe there is no difference between fur and eyes. Either way real life pandas get pretty close as it is already. I don't see why Pangoro can't take that one step further. It does go a long way in making him appear more menacing, justifying his Dark type.

Mudster

Master of the Legend
Pangoro does have a kind of vigilante feeling about it with the description of no mercy on those who pick on the weak.

Also so calling my Spritzee Nigel.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
So where do people think Inkay and Malamar are going to be located? In the sea? Or do people think they are more cave-dwelling?

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
So where do people think Inkay and Malamar are going to be located? In the sea? Or do people think they are more cave-dwelling?

I could see them being found in the water, but I can also see them being found on land or maybe in a muddy area since they aren't water-types. Or maybe they can be found on land when it's raining :3

gpt11

is it just me or does Oorotto seem very... Dragon warrior Mosters/Dragon Quest Monsters?

I am going to hazard a guess at it being either Grass/Ghost or Grass/Bug or my wild card (sudowoodo evo)

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
No they aren't stealing ideas, they are using ideas just like other series do based on other stuff, animals, mythological, wtv.

There are a bunch of Squid creatures liek that, a bunch of haunted swords and a bunch of death trees monsters in RPGs.

Also a bunch of monster raising game have directly copied pokemon and no one whines about it.

I'm guessing the pokemon will be cherrymon like.

I said I wasn't saying Gamefreak was stealing ideas and that I was happy these thing reminded me of other things I like. And the only reason I even included that part is so that I wouldn't get this kind of response from my post.

But it happened anyway.

Why is it that I can't compare Pokemon to other things in a positive way without people reacting to it the same way they would if someone was comparing Pokemon to something in a negative way?

Last edited:

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
I'm super excited for Zubat being back! Now that we can be forced to fight five at a time! :3

But seriously, Crobat is a solid Pokemon, so I'm happy.

I'm betting on Inkay/Malamar being cave dwelling. I don't want them to be in the water unless early fishing is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.