• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stardastarly

Sylveon~ :D
Not to sound rude, but tough luck. I've missed out on some that I would've loved to be apart of :(
Anyways, how early on do you think we'll be able to catch helioptile or litleo?
Not sure about Litleo, probably rather early on as it just has that kind of 'look.' Just like a typical early-on first-stage Pokémon, like Shinx. Maybe around the time of the first gym? For Helioptile, we do have a screenshot of one attacking a bunch if Houndour in a horde battle. They were all level 11, while the Helioptile was at level 25, so I'm going to expect that we would probably be able to find wild Helioptile possibly around the time of the second-third gyms at the very latest - I'm hoping for a bit earlier though.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Arceus is the god of all Pokemon.

You guys are killing me; come on. >_<

*avoiding the urge to go correction nazi*

I am somewhat interested to see if the presumable Fairy-type Arcues gets any promotion, such as a Wi-Fi download (like, "receive your Arceus today and you can use your Sprite Plate to make it become the new Fairy-type!"), and if the addition of the Fairy-type plate expands on the myth in any way (although with that being said, I don't think the inscriptions on the back of the Plates were displayed in Gen V, so it may be a moot point).

Last edited:

PokemonTrainerKaden

And how is it any more demeaning than Bug, for instance?
Because it's pink?

Exactly! He transforms into all of the types because that's the main feature Gamefreak gave him.

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
You guys are killing me; come on. >_<

*avoiding the urge to go correction nazi*

I am somewhat interested to see if the presumable Fairy-type Arcues gets any promotion, such as a Wi-Fi download (like, "receive your Arceus today and you can use your Sprite Plate to make it become the new Fairy-type!"), and if the addition of the Fairy-type plate expands on the myth in any way (although with that being said, I don't think the inscriptions on the back of the Plates were displayed in Gen V, so it may be a moot point).

I guess, after all I'm all for fairy arceus. What makes me wonder is that how many fairy type pokemon will be in these new games? I'm hoping for alot, personally. I think we need a persudo legendary that is fairy. (Persudo legendary pokemon are non legendary pokemon with a h600 base stat total, these being dragonite, tyranitar,metagross, salamence,garchomp and hydreigon)

NightFire7

I would prefer a move that completely shuts down entry hazards, e.g a fog move that removes all weather and entry hazards until the battle is over, its annoying how many cool pokemon end up getting neutered by stealth rocks. Talonflame is an example of a 6th gen poke that gets murdered by ze rocks

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
I would prefer a move that completely shuts down entry hazards, e.g a fog move that removes all weather and entry hazards until the battle is over, its annoying how many cool pokemon end up getting neutered by stealth rocks. Talonflame is an example of a 6th gen poke that gets murdered by ze rocks
So...Rapid Spin? It may not be permanently for the entire battle, but it's the job of the battler to KO the hazard setter before they can set the hazards back up. A move that completely removes weather and entry hazards for the whole battle would be too overpowered.

Stardastarly

So...Rapid Spin? It may not be permanently for the entire battle, but it's the job of the battler to KO the hazard setter before they can set the hazards back up. A move that completely removes weather and entry hazards for the whole battle would be too overpowered.
Just give it 5 PP and have it do no damage. Would that stop a move like that from being overpowered? But then, it's for the entire battle so you'd only use it once per battle anyway, soo.. It might make people think twice about using it during the main storyline (but even then weather and/or entry hazards are rare) but during online or competitive play, where HP and PP are restored after each battle I can still see it being slightly overpowered.

NightFire7

I just hope we do get another move that counters entry hazards, maybe even a powerful attack that removes entry hazards and is not a normal type move so it could be useful to use as an attack while at the same time not getting blocked by a ghost.

Stardastarly

I just hope we do get another move that counters entry hazards, maybe even a powerful attack that removes entry hazards and is not a normal type move so it could be useful to use as an attack while at the same time not getting blocked by a ghost.
A stronger one maybe with removing current entry hazards as a side-effect? Like with 10 PP, 70-90 BP, and then with a 50% chance of removing the current entry hazards? That shouldn't be too overpowered. Give it some good type to go with it. Something like Dark, or maybe Fire or water (like it burnt up, or washed away any hazards on the battle field).

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
I feel like it'd be more like haze, doing no damage but removing all the entry hazards/ weather. I could see it being flying type like a huge tornado or something blowing everything way. Or maybe a flood that washed everything away.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
Just give it 5 PP and have it do no damage. Would that stop a move like that from being overpowered? But then, it's for the entire battle so you'd only use it once per battle anyway, soo.. It might make people think twice about using it during the main storyline (but even then weather and/or entry hazards are rare) but during online or competitive play, where HP and PP are restored after each battle I can still see it being slightly overpowered.
Just the fact that it would permanently remove all weather and all entry hazards for the rest of the battle would mean it is overpowered. Use it at the start of the battle and BOOM you're opponent's entire strategy and team is utterly useless, and you won't have to win using skill, just continually hitting them since they won't be chipping away at your health whenever you switch and/or they won't get the accuracy/power/stat boosts that their strategy relies upon. That would be the wrong way to go about balancing weather ad entry hazards, in my opinion. Instead of making them useless, lower the magnitude of damage/stat boosts that people use weather and entry hazards for. Any Pokemon with that attack would be instantly sent to Ubers, and maybe even banned there. It would be like Wobbeffet and Shadow Tag+Encore, just too powerful. If it can be blocked by a Ghost-type, which if it did no damage it wouldn't be, then it would be a constant struggle between one side trying to get this move through and the other blocking.

Last edited:

Stardastarly

Just the fact that it would permanently remove all weather and all entry hazards for the rest of the battle would mean it is overpowered. Use it at the start of the battle and BOOM you're opponent's entire strategy and team is utterly useless, and you won't have to win using skill, just continually hitting them since they won't be chipping away at your health whenever you switch and/or they won't get the accuracy/power/stat boosts that their strategy relies upon. That would be the wrong way to go about balancing weather ad entry hazards, in my opinion. Instead of making them useless, lower the magnitude of damage/stat boosts that people use weather and entry hazards for. Any Pokemon with that attack would be instantly sent to Ubers, and maybe even banned there. It would be like Wobbeffet and Shadow Tag+Encore, just too powerful. If it can be blocked by a Ghost-type, which if it did no damage it wouldn't be, then it would be a constant struggle between one side trying to get this move through and the other blocking.
You do have a good point there. I'm no expert when it comes to that sort of competitive play, but that does sound like it'd be too overpowered. Maybe if it just removed current ones, or the effect only lasted for a set number of turns (3 or maybe 5, like normal weather moves) after which the weather could come back automatically, but not the entry hazards. Just keep it with the low PP and no damage.

felichar

japanese names of 14 possible new pokemon

Dianshii (ディアンシー) — Possibly a deer Pokémon. It’s name could come from deer + fancy + antsy.
Hariboogu (ハリボーグ) — Most likely the evolution of Chespin — Hari (ハリ) comes from pin/needle, boogu (ボーグ) or bogue, is the name of the shell of a chestnut is French.
Gekogashira (ゲコガシラ) — Possibly from gecko + boss. Gashira means either head or boss. Possibly a Froakie evolution.
Borukenion (ボルケニオン) — Probably Volcanyon — likely boruke (ボルケ) from volcano and nion (ニオン) from canyon.
Dedenne (デデンネ)
Horubii (ホルビー) — Likely comes from horu (ホル) to dig + bee.
Nyaonikusu (ニャオニクス) — Probably Meowstick, as mentioned in a previous leak
Burigaron (ブリガロン) — Maybe a blizzard wolf: buri (ブリ) from blizzard (burizaado) + garo (ガロ / 牙狼) meaning fanged wolf. It could also come from garou (餓狼) meaning starving wolf.
Jigarude (ジガルデ) — Is possibly from Jiga (ジガ / 自我), which means ego.
Mafokushii (マフォクシー) — Is possibly an evolution of Fennekin: Mafoxy
Fuupa (フーパ) — fuu (フー) is most likely wind, pa (パ) could be many things.
Gekkouga (ゲッコウガ) — Gekkou (ゲッコウ) means moonlight + ga (ガ) is moth. Literally moonlight moth.
Torimian (トリミアン)
Teerunaa (テールナー) — Possibly related to Gekkouga. Teeru (テール) means tail and runaa (ルナー) means lunar.

this list contained Swirlix, Spritzee and Inkay japanese names before they're revealled and comes from the same guy who revealed some pokemons back in BW and who revealed the new fairy type and sylveon xerneas and yveltal types back in april
source: pokexperto

Last edited:

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite

Dianshii (ディアンシー) — Possibly a deer Pokémon. It’s name could come from deer + fancy + antsy.
Hariboogu (ハリボーグ) — Most likely the evolution of Chespin — Hari (ハリ) comes from pin/needle, boogu (ボーグ) or bogue, is the name of the shell of a chestnut is French.
Gekogashira (ゲコガシラ) — Possibly from gecko + boss. Gashira means either head or boss. Possibly a Froakie evolution.
Borukenion (ボルケニオン) — Probably Volcanyon — likely boruke (ボルケ) from volcano and nion (ニオン) from canyon.
Dedenne (デデンネ)
Burigaron (ブリガロン) — Maybe a blizzard wolf: buri (ブリ) from blizzard (burizaado) + garo (ガロ / 牙狼) meaning fanged wolf. It could also come from garou (餓狼) meaning starving wolf.
Gekkouga (ゲッコウガ) — Gekkou (ゲッコウ) means moonlight + ga (ガ) is moth. Literally moonlight moth.
Torimian (トリミアン)
Teerunaa (テールナー) — Possibly related to Gekkouga. Teeru (テール) means tail and runaa (ルナー) means lunar.

this list contained Swirlix, Spritzee and Inkay japanese names before they're revealled and comes from the same guy who revealed some pokemons back in BW

If it is Hirobyte than it is pretty much real..he was the one who first revealed Fairy Type..

felichar

Dedenne (デデンネ)
Torimian (トリミアン)

this list contained Swirlix, Spritzee and Inkay japanese names before they're revealled and comes from the same guy who revealed some pokemons back in BW

i think that Borukenion and Horubii could be torkoal evo and male combee evo respectively

Status
Not open for further replies.