• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew The Gato

I would love if they showed us the next stage of evolution for the Kalos starters but kept the final stage secret until we play the games. That way we could have a better idea of where the evolutions are going but also get a nice surprise for when we play the game ourselves. That would be my hope anyway.

As for what I think we'll get in CoroCoro, I would say the Fairy Type chart, Kanto starter Megas again, 3 new megas and maybe 3-5 new Kalos pokemon hopefully including Oorotto and llama officially revealed.

I agree. The middle evolution is usually the least iconic, though, so they are more likely to reveal the Final Forms if anything.

Although your idea would be much better in my opinion.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I've Always checked out all Pokémon Before I get the game, but that was mainly because I had to wait at least half a year to get it after all Pkmn were revealed. This time, I am lucky they are releasing it worldwide at launch. ^^ I will look at all Info seen until the game is released, or a Little Before that, and then discover most of the Dex by myself.

NightFire7

In gen 5 corocoro revealed the middle evos of the starters. Hopefully in the corocoro coming up they do the same so we can get an idea of what the final evos will look like.

Mew The Gato

I've Always checked out all Pokémon Before I get the game, but that was mainly because I had to wait at least half a year to get it after all Pkmn were revealed. This time, I am lucky they are releasing it worldwide at launch. ^^ I will look at all Info seen until the game is released, or a Little Before that, and then discover most of the Dex by myself.

Well, I usually learn about all the Pokemon in a new generation before playing. I prefer knowing about all the Pokemon before playing the game, although I would probably learn much about the Generation anyway, as I am not even sure if I shall get X and Y.

NightFire7

Well I am definitely getting the game. My motto is to never judge a game until you actually play it. I don't usually listen to reviewers who say whether the game is awesome or a complete pile of faeces. My opinion is the game is awesome only when I play it and I enjoy it.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I don't know why people are expecting starter evo's basing their thoughts on patterns, because in pre-BW the starter evo's were leaked in a very rare way. They weren't officially revealed until September, the same month of the games release. While I'm not saying it's not going to happen, just personally I don't think they will be revealed pre-release, or atleast not in this months CoroCoro. But heck, I don't mind being proved wrong!

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
I don't know why people are expecting starter evo's basing their thoughts on patterns, because in pre-BW the starter evo's were leaked in a very rare way. They weren't officially revealed until September, the same month of the games release. While I'm not saying it's not going to happen, just personally I don't think they will be revealed pre-release, or atleast not in this months CoroCoro. But heck, I don't mind being proved wrong!

exactly I think it was something like 2 days before the release of BW they revealed the middle evolutions of the starters but this was only because of them being leaked on the internet months before.

If GF was to reveal them now when there has been no leak it would spoil a very important part of the game for many people which is why unless they get leaked I think we will have to wait until release.

NightFire7

Well I hope that in the upcoming corocoro the new pokemon revealed don't get completely overshadowed by the mega evolutions revealed. Last CoroCoro the three new pokemon revealed were small and cute and nobody really gave them any attention because of the mega evolutions revealed so hopefully we get more new pokemon which are a bit more impressive that will not get ignored. Because remember mega evolutions are not really new pokemon, they are just beefed up versions of the original poke.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Yeah I have made my decision
I'm not gonna look at the whole Dex
Just what us revealed like Helioptile, sylveon ect...
And starter evolutions
This was the game will last even longer!
That's one thing I will love, I always finish the game way to early
At least this way I've surprises and excitements with nearly all pokemon I will come across and training up so many types which will be fun and take up alot more time
That way the story will last longer
That's one thing I didn't like and bw, I knew nearly exactly what my team was gonna be
And had seen all the Pokémon before
So excited for coming across the Dex all on my own ;)

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
And starter evolutions
At least this way I've surprises and excitements with nearly all pokemon I will come across and training up so many types which will be fun and take up alot more time
That's one thing I didn't like and bw, I knew nearly exactly what my team was gonna be

lol I made a rule that if my game doesn't show up on the Saturday I can look online at whats being revealed if it does arrive on sat my guide isn't coming until a weak later so ill just play through without looking at any pokemon or on Serebii.net

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
And starter evolutions

I respect your plan, and I like it.
I plan on, as usual, planning out my team beforehand. By doing this, I can make sure that I will not have a hard time throughout the game.
Of course this also means that I want to find out about the pokemon league/some gym leaders.........

mtie123

Johto's Hero
I will see what's revealed in the up incoming corocoro and then stop visting this site for a while then once i get stuck in the game which i properly will i'll be back

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I will see what's revealed in the up incoming corocoro and then stop visting this site for a while then once i get stuck in the game which i properly will i'll be back

I have considered doing this, but as usual, I will probably stay online until the games' release. I suppose I just like knowing all that I can before I get the games.

Akashin

I have considered doing this, but as usual, I will probably stay online until the games' release. I suppose I just like knowing all that I can before I get the games.

My plan is to skip town around the middle of September. I'll stick around until then, but after that I don't want to know anything else and sure as heck don't want to see something like the guide leaked until I've reached post-game.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
That's the funny thing about pokemon the plot is very sticky cause they don't really tell you how to do certain things.

True. Especially in the older games. I remember becoming lost when trying to find things like HMs or TMs....

My plan is to skip town around the middle of September. I'll stick around until then, but after that I don't want to know anything else and sure as heck don't want to see something like the guide leaked until I've reached post-game.

I understand this. I have even thought about doing this a few times.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
That's the funny thing about pokemon the plot is very sticky cause they don't really tell you how to do certain things.

There times when you can work it out, the worst one for me was the Psyduck, Cynthia thing had no clue what to do mainly because i paid no attention to the text

And starter evolutions

I going to do something like this. Not looking at the game leak, which is coming around 9-10 October? c:

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
There times when you can work it out, the worst one for me was the Psyduck, Cynthia thing had no clue what to do mainly because i paid no attention to the text

and that teaches you ( and all of us) what is even told to you in game: talk to everyone and listen to what they say. You never know when someone will give you what you need to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.