• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWN

5326 7398 1244
Precisely....we realy don't need a light type...or any new type for that matter. If they introduce a new type; that said "new" type would be put in to deminish another type from being to powerful. Currently we don't have that problem.

What self-assigned notion compels you to speak on Game Freak's behalf? Type balancing is not the only reason Game Freak might introduce a new type. At this point, a light type is aesthetically warranted, especially if they want to have a good versus evil theme with Xerneas and Yveltal (and I'm guessing they do, since "evil" is easily spotted in Yveltal's name).

Plus, a light type should have been added in when a dark type was. It's time Game Freak filled that gaping hole.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
So how many hours till a new Page shows up on Serebii?

How are we supposed to know?

Maybe read the new stickied thread?

Maybe whenever Joe gets the page and posts it?

QUOTE=TWN;15691232]What self-assigned notion compels you to speak on Game Freak's behalf? Type balancing is not the only reason Game Freak might introduce a new type. At this point, a light type is aesthetically warranted, especially if they want to have a good versus evil theme with Xerneas and Yveltal (and I'm guessing they do, since "evil" is easily spotted in Yveltal's name).

Plus, a light type should have been added in when a dark type was. It's time Game Freak filled that gaping hole.[/QUOTE]

Sigh... Dark Type isn't opposite of Light as it's the EVIL TYPE.

And is Evil spotted in Yveltal's name? I really never noticed until you just posted it. and I'm serious.

and Type balancing might not be the only reason, but...

Last edited:
Love the new Eeveelution! I was struggling to think what type it's going to be - at first I was fairly certain either Normal, or even possibly a new type - but now I'm fairly certain it's going to be Flying type. Why? Partly because in one of the battle shots, there appears to be what looks like feathers around it, but also, its name. At first, I thought it made sense because plus Eevee and it's other evos, it would be the ninth one, but that didn't really make sense. However, I think it is still derived from nine, but more specifically, Cloud Nine. What do you guys think?

Re-posting because it seemed to get missed and would be nice to see what people think!

Phoenixfatih

I think Ninfia looks like a domestic Eevee, an Eevee that adapted to home life. Those bows makes me think that someone brought it home and take care of it. I think it's normal type, it looks like Skitty/Delcatty line to me.

What I think about the evolution method is that it is associated with the "a new battle mechanism that allows your Pokemon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger" lines. If it's a brand new mechanics rather than friendship, maybe Eevee evolves into Ninfia when this bond is stronger.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Plus, a light type should have been added in when a dark type was. It's time Game Freak filled that gaping hole.

But there is no gaping hole. Dark is already a counterpart to Fighting and in some ways Psychic.

I think Ninfia looks like a domestic Eevee, an Eevee that adapted to home life. Those bows makes me think that someone brought it home and take care of it. I think it's normal type, it looks like Skitty/Delcatty line to me.

What I think about the evolution method is that it is associated with the "a new battle mechanism that allows your Pokemon to become even more powerful when the bonds you share grow stronger" lines. If it's a brand new mechanics rather than friendship, maybe Eevee evolves into Ninfia when this bond is stronger.

Evolve with... something at the player's house or hometown?

I could see it.

Cryochronic

Moving away from the Nimfia speculation for a minute, I'm predicting a Jynx evolution. She's been long overdue for one since Gen IV. And if a linking pre-evolution doesn't appear for Miltank and Tauros as well as for Throh and Sawk, I'm going to be up in arms.

divinepanda

Lv. 100 Spinda
No one jumps to "Nympho" when they see "Nymph"

Because Nympho is not a very common word that gets thrown into casual conversation unless the subject revolves around that sort of topic.

Nymph I think is far more common in casual conversation than Nympho.

Because you're probably likely to learn about Nymphs in school.

In fact outside of this mention, I haven't even heard the word Nympho in probably almost a year, or less (a very long time).

I'm still saying the name needs to be as void of controversy as possible.

KKS-Lapras

Yeah I understand what you mean. It definitely would be an interesting twist having a cute and innocent Pokemon being of a type which is often considered vicious.

It would, and it just in my opinion is much better then some alternatives people have mentioned. I'd much rather see Poison/Ghost/Flying the Dragon which some people speculated, especially if GF did find a way to do it that would be this deceptive.

What self-assigned notion compels you to speak on Game Freak's behalf? Type balancing is not the only reason Game Freak might introduce a new type. At this point, a light type is aesthetically warranted, especially if they want to have a good versus evil theme with Xerneas and Yveltal (and I'm guessing they do, since "evil" is easily spotted in Yveltal's name).

I'm not sure there's a whole, but I wouldn't care either way, new type added, cool, no new type, we've gone 4 generations now without a new one, so it's certainly never going to be a make or break it thing for me.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer

Pfft...and the oscar goes to.....
I hope they release its typing and you eat your words...every last one ya ditz.

divinepanda

Lv. 100 Spinda
Moving away from the Nimfia speculation for a minute, I'm predicting a Jynx evolution. She's been long overdue for one since Gen IV. And if a linking pre-evolution doesn't appear for Miltank and Tauros as well as for Throh and Sawk, I'm going to be up in arms.

And Mr. Mime. And why not throw a Scyther pre-ev in there too. That way these three can be on par with Electabuzz and Magmar since their all right next to each other in national dex order.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

No because Dark type coresponds with dirty tactics fighting. It is the counterpart to Fighting which is honorable or at least diciplined fighting.

dman_dustin

I quoted your post in which you said that there are 'technically at most 100 new Pokemon' and that you're 'pretty sure' there are a lot less this gen than in previous gens. Not too sure what's not to get here.

The fact you think it's my baseless opinion is what I'm not getting here.

Serebii's page on Wednesday January 9th, 2013:

These games, Pokémon X & Pokémon Y are due for release worldwide on the Nintendo 3DS this October. Five new Pokémon were shown, including the starters and it has been confirmed that the number of Pokémon now is to be over 700.

I know it's dubious, but if you include 100 brand new Pokemon that's already close to 750. I just don't see it being possible that the number of actual 6th generation of Pokemon being in the 800 range which would happen if there's 151 brand new Pokemon.

Oh and "I'm pretty sure" is not stating anything as fact by the way. You may need to brush up on English, because that phrase does not imply a definite unchangeable "fact"

Cryochronic

It's just a theory. No one else has provided any type of explanation for the "Nin" prefix in Ninfia's name. I did a little research and came up with the info in my post. Is it outlandish? Absolutely. Is it attempting to shed light (no pun intended) on this new mystery? Absolutely. And that's all I'm trying to accomplish.

Dude, it has a Mienshao-sleeve looking Chimecho scarf blowing in the wind, attached to its body. It's a Flying type.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Type balancing is not the only reason Game Freak might introduce a new type.
I do agree with you here.

At this point, a light type is aesthetically warranted
No, it's not.

especially if they want to have a good versus evil theme with Xerneas and Yveltal (and I'm guessing they do, since "evil" is easily spotted in Yveltal's name)
No, "Ee-Vell" is found in Yeltal's name. Totally different pronunciation. Besides, Xerneas has no permutation of "good" in its name, so what Yveltal's name may or may not sound like is irrelevant.

Plus, a light type should have been added in when a dark type was
No, it shouldn't have, since the Dark-type doesn't represent darkness. It represents dirty fighting tactics (Sucker Punch, Bite, Fake Tears, Foul Play), and is opposed by the Fighting-type, which stands for honorable forms of combat. The Dark-type is known as the "Evil-type" in Japan in order to exemplify this. Call it a Dub-Induced Plot Hole.

It's time Game Freak filled that gaping hole.
Only if there were a hole that needed to be filled.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I'm not sure there's a whole, but I wouldn't care either way, new type added, cool, no new type, we've gone 4 generations now without a new one, so it's certainly never going to be a make or break it thing for me.

Actually it was two Gens, as RSE introduced the Sound Subtype and the zcontest Types but, yeah.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
When I first saw Nimfia, I thought it was a new form of Victini. Other than that, I believe unless a new type revealed, she is going to be a normal, fighting or flying type in my opinion.

divinepanda

Lv. 100 Spinda
But there is no gaping hole. Dark is already a counterpart to Fighting and in some ways Psychic.

I do agree with this. I seem to be clamoring pretty hard for the light type, I'm aware of this. The only reason why is because my OCD hates having an odd number of types. It literally frustrates me lol. Light would do nothing more than cover a few optional strengths and weaknesses.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Dude, it has a Mienshao-sleeve looking Chimecho scarf blowing in the wind, attached to its body. It's a Flying type.

I like how you name a Fighting-type and a Normal-type to conclude that it's Flying-type.

Actually it was two Gens, as RSE introduced the Sound Subtype and the zcontest Types but, yeah.

Sound-based moves are a categorization in the same way punch-based moves are. Calling Contest Categories new types is like calling Pokethlon stats new stats.

elfrings

which then got localized into names that were innocuous

which was his point about Nymphia; it'll get a new name with a different root

Nymph means too many different things for it to be an valid issue. What parent would see a pokemon and assume it's The Sex Fiend Pokemon due to its name? lol Faerie nymphs aren't that obscure of a reference. And if it's a bug-type, there would be no plausible argument. There are delicate, fluttering bugs resembling faeries called nymphs, and there's a young stage of grasshopper called nymphs.... I wouldn't be surprised if some parents somewhere complained because they felt the names Koffing and Weezing promote smoking or insensitivity toward asthma. :p Dumb people are easy for companies to ignore, particularly when they're so few that they can't be all that vocal.

flygon1509

Light-type is as much possible as Sound-type, Air-type, Magic-type, Cyber-type, Zombie-type, Virus-type, Plastic-type, Fabric-type, Blood-type, Tamarind-type, or Saliva-type.

Status
Not open for further replies.