• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to defend the Light-type or anything, but it doesn't necessarily have to represent actual light - it could also be the "inner light" of someone or something, basically a "good" type. While Dark is evil and dirty tactics, in some cases it does represent actual darkness as well (either mentally or physically), so why can't the Light-type be seen as a similar thing? Both good in a spiritual way and also actual light.

Honestly I don't care if a new type is introduced or not, it's just funny to me how some people are so against it. GF can do whatever they want, and if they do introduce a new type, I think the main reason is just because they can/want to, not necessarily thinking about counterparts etc.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
But Eevee is neutral by being normal. And it technically isn't an Eeveelution because it hasn't evolved. It's a base level Pokemon. Normal is and always has been the neutral type.

But still a part of the Eeveelutionary line, and thus still aplies.

Because it is physical does not mean that no other can be.

And, it doesn't matter. Poepl like you just overdeal this thing. Give it a rest.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
If Dark is just dirty fighting tactics, then why was Dark a Special type in generation 3 while Fighting was a Physical type?
They're counterparts. Dark being Special and Fighting being Physical only adds to the opposition between the two.

I have never known any set of Pokémon to embody Dark and Fighting as counterparts.
Just look at the Justified ability. It raises a Pokémon's attack when it is hit by a Dark-type move, and there are eight Fighting-types that can have the ability, including the Swords of Justice (who fight in order to protect Pokémon). Besides that, they are thematically opposite. You just have to recognize that fact that Fighting-types uses pure forms of combat and that Dark-types (which are really known as Evil-types) use cheap tricks. It's evidenced by the types' respective movepools and several Pokémon of those types.

dman_dustin

Anyone have any clue as to what attack Ninfia is using in the scan ?

Unless it specifically mentioned it, hopefully a new move, since we haven't got a new move yet.

I for one won't say that Eevee got evolve into an original physical type BUT how do you explain Glaceon and Leafeon?

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
._. Now I envision Ninfia's animated sprite having it's eyes go out and float around like Will-O-Wisps, and then going back in. Thanks.

Aaaaaaaaaand you've ruined Ninfia for everyone. Good work :p
Srsly though, looking back this is the EXACT same thing I said about Audino when it was first released, soulless blue eyes. A little more evidence for the normal type Ninfia

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Aaaaaaaaaand you've ruined Ninfia for everyone. Good work :p
Srsly though, looking back this is the EXACT same thing I said about Audino when it was first released, soulless blue eyes. A little more evidence for the normal type Ninfia

You made me envision it. Though I would like a Ghost Type. Maybe if it faints a certain number f times it evolves? Sorry Ninfia. Nuzlockers cannot get you.

elfrings

I'm 100% rooting for normal type. Any kind of bow in these games will instantly scream normal type for me. It would probably be pretty cool if they made it the final and strongest of the eevelutions, alluding to the idea that Ninfia(?) is the 'meant to be' evolution of Eevee.

EDIT: just looked at it again, ghost type is definitely another possibility - those soulless eyes :s

Gothita has bows....

Ninfia could literally be ANYthing, now that I think about Gothia. It looks like it could be a dark type - or maybe even a bug type at first look - but it's a psychic type. Totally threw me the first time I battled one. Didn't (and still doesn't) look like a Psychic pokemon to me at all. GF has been been fairly deceptive with appearances lately....

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I have to question this dirty fighting too, and there's one Pokemon that also questions it.

Spiritomb.

Seriously read it's Pokedex entries.

"Misdeeds" which means "an immoral or wicked deed." That doesn't really sound like "dirty fighting" to me. I'm not saying the dark type can't utilize "dirty fighting tactics" but I seriously doubt it's the only thing that covers.

How about wicked, evil acts as well which are worse than "dirty fighting tactics" plus fighting type being super effective against the dark type, is more along the lines of a hero defeating the bad guy.

Plus dark type is just dark type as well. Umbreon isn't evil/wicked nor does it rely on dirty tactics, same with Absol, sometime it is just that type.

The Dark-type is called the "Evil-type" in Japan. I'm pretty sure that this has been stated at least ten times within the last twenty minutes.

Evil people would be likely to cheat in a fight.

Ergo, even Spiritomb can use dirty tactics because it's "evil" and doesn't care about the rules.

Last edited:

TWN

5326 7398 1244
Dark is dirty tactics because it is the EVIL TYPE. The only moves that actually use Drakness are: Dark Void, and Night Daze. None other. (No, not Dark Pulse, it is even in the flavor text that it is made from EVIL thoughts)

Okay, back to the point. If there's an EVIL (dark), why shouldn't there be a PURE (light)? This wouldn't be a difference of honorable fighting and dirty fighting, it would be a difference of hurting and healing. Light Pokemon could be like Chansey and Blissey: a focus on health preservation and abilities to raise defenses and strengthen teammates rather than throwing the elbows themselves.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Gothita has bows....

Ninfia could literally be ANYthing, now that I think about Gothia. It looks like it could be a dark type - or maybe even a bug type at first look - but it's a psychic type. Totally threw me the first time I battled one. Didn't (and still doesn't) look like a Psychic pokemon to me at all. GF has been been fairly deceptive with appearances lately....

Thus the Steel Poison or Ghost Type spec that has taken the minority here. I beleive those types if it is just for the fact hat Flying and Ground had always been portrayed as counterparts.

Bariokie

rock dog
What if it is an combination of all the types and you can choose two types.
Because you see all the colors on Ninfia's hair.
And they say they keep the evolution technique secret so????

dman_dustin

People say Feather Dance. It looks more like Flash Cannon to me, but meh.

OMG NINFIA CONFIRMED STEEL TYPE ._.

Since when does it look like flash cannon?

Just saying, it looks nothing like a ball or beam being sent at the opponent.

The Dark-type is called the "Evil-type" in Japan. I'm pretty sure that this has been stated at least ten times within the last eight pages.

Evil people would be likely to cheat in a fight.

Ergo, even Spiritomb can use dirty tactics because it's "evil" and doesn't care about the rules.

Here's the difference:

Dirty Fighting- For the sole purpose of winning, even if by cheating, or unfair tactics

Evil- No regard for anyone or anything else. Think of murder/rape, etc.

Someone who cheats by using dirty tactics, may not go so far as to murder/rape someone, but doesn't necessarily exclude them.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
And fighting is only super effective because it's hero beating bad guy logic.

Or you could call it honorable fighting techniques triumphing over dirty tricks, which is much of the same thing.

Not trying to defend the Light-type or anything, but it doesn't necessarily have to represent actual light - it could also be the "inner light" of someone or something, basically a "good" type. While Dark is evil and dirty tactics, in some cases it does represent actual darkness as well (either mentally or physically), so why can't the Light-type be seen as a similar thing? Both good in a spiritual way and also actual light.

If you go for that, you still overlap with Fighting and Psychic and moves like Focus Blast, Aura Sphere, Meditate, Calm Mind, etc.

Anyone have any clue as to what attack Ninfia is using in the scan ?

Gyro Ball.

divinepanda

Lv. 100 Spinda
But still a part of the Eeveelutionary line, and thus still aplies.

And, it doesn't matter. Poepl like you just overdeal this thing. Give it a rest.

Once I'm proven wrong, I'll give it a rest. Until then prepare to hear a lot more from me.

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
Gothita has bows....

That is all true, but I should have been a little more specific. PINK bows in these games screams screams screams normal type. Hell it was even an item in 2nd gen that boosted normal attacks' power.

Status
Not open for further replies.