• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
I would say eevee is basically guaranteed to be in the dex. It has been given 2 new evolutions each even generation, has been in a lot of hype lately, and it seems like it will be getting another 2. My thoughts are there will be 9 eeveelutions in the dex this time around...

aa_623

I would say eevee is basically guaranteed to be in the dex. It has been given 2 new evolutions each even generation, has been in a lot of hype lately, and it seems like it will be getting another 2. My thoughts are there will be 9 eeveelutions in the dex this time around...
I'd be ok with that lol.... I'm personally dreaming of the day that there are 17 of them much to others' dismay.

Jigglypuff5000

I hope so. Hoping for a Dragon and Ghost combo [though any would do]...

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I'm generally in the minority for this, but I'm hoping for a decent number of eves/prevos of older Pokemon. In particular I would love a new Eeveelution, again I know many feel that there are already too many, but I'd like a full set lol also it might mean that the ones we have may get new and improved moves to help make a little more versatile.

i agree with you. gen 5 was kinda empty coz it didnt have an evos for older pokes ( i know it was a reboot ). Im fully expecting an eevee evo.
Also, u might need to change ur sig to include chespin,froakie and fennikin :)
Edit - but, 17 as u said would be an OVERKILL

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
It's likely that with every generation, we will get over 100 new Pokémon. I'm thinking another large Pokédex, similar to Black 2/White 2.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm hoping that 6th gen will be the first generation to break the pattern of having more new evolutions one generation and more new families the next. There should be a healthy mix of both. Not to mention some unrelated old Pokemon to help keep the dex balanced (no repeats of DP's Sinnoh Dex, please).

Cloud_Arcanine

Scarlett starlett

Each time there's been a new set of Eeveelutions there's been a new method of obtaining them (stones, happiness/timing, location) If there's going to be more I wonder how they'd evolve this time round? The only other way would be trading like Haunter - Gengar, unless they decide to bring gender into account.

Jigglypuff5000

It's likely that with every generation, we will get over 100 new Pokémon. I'm thinking another large Pokédex, similar to Black 2/White 2.

Gen II would like a word with you...

Gen I - 151
Gen II - 100 added
Gen III - 135 added
Gen IV - 107 added
Gen V - 156 added

I really doubt they'll add another 150 odd, two gens in a row - expect nearer 100.

aa_623

i agree with you. gen 5 was kinda empty coz it didnt have an evos for older pokes ( i know it was a reboot ). Im fully expecting an eevee evo.
Also, u might need to change ur sig to include chespin,froakie and fennikin :)
Edit - but, 17 as u said would be an OVERKILL
Yes I do need to change my sig lol
Oh yeah it would definitely be overkill, but I mean why only go half way? Might as well just fill it all.

I'm leaning towards anywhere between 100-130 new Pokemon. I feel that anything less than 100 would be a let down and not worth the time, but I doubt they'll do another 150ish 2 generations in a row especially since it looks like they're including old Pokemon in the regional dex on the first go.

ebevan91

As much as I disliked most of Gen 5's Pokemon, I hope that some of the late game Pokemon like Litwick, Golett, etc. show up earlier in these games, in case I ever want to use them. In W/W2, my team was pretty much complete by the time I got my 6th or 7th badge.

Gen I - 151
Gen II - 100 added
Gen III - 135 added
Gen IV - 107 added
Gen V - 156 added

I really doubt they'll add another 150 odd, two gens in a row - expect nearer 100.

I'm thinking somewhere around 110-120. I just hope we don't get 14 or 15 legendary Pokemon like we did in 5th gen. The less legendary Pokemon the better. They're supposed to be legendary. We need the 2 mascots plus the potential 3rd version mascot, a trio, then 2 legendaries to be released via event or whatever. That's it.

Last edited:

Dark Storm

Frozen Solid!
Still holding out hope that they're only using them pokemon to have something to show, and the new region is like B/W, all new.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Each time there's been a new set of Eeveelutions there's been a new method of obtaining them (stones, happiness/timing, location) If there's going to be more I wonder how they'd evolve this time round? The only other way would be trading like Haunter - Gengar, unless they decide to bring gender into account.

Move based evolution!! Let there be a movetutor that gives your Eevee either a Dragon-type move, or a Ghost-type move, and level it up, and boom.. Eeveelution #8 and #9..

Gen I - 151
Gen II - 100 added
Gen III - 135 added
Gen IV - 107 added
Gen V - 156 added

That's a shame though.. Sinnoh felt empty because of the shallow amount of new families.. And lord did I feel annoyed by having to see Geodude, Ponyta, Zubat, Onix and what not half of the time.. With Johto, I thought it was okay, there were more new families, and only some got additions, but those were baby pokemon in most cases. Yes, Steelix, Scizor, Slowking, Politoed, Umbreon, Espeon, and Kingdra do exist as well.. Shoot, forgot Bellossom, Porygon2 and Hitmontop, not to mention Blissey.. Oh well.. Chansey was dead to me in GenII because of the Special-split..

cybersonic233

well im gonna guess at around 120 new Pokemon more than Johto but less than Hoenn new eeveelutions and if im gonna hazard a guess we will get baby pokemon to link pokemon like Throh and Sawk Tauros and Boffalant and Luvdic and alomamola

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
well im gonna guess at around 120 new Pokemon more than Johto but less than Hoenn new eeveelutions and if im gonna hazard a guess we will get baby pokemon to link pokemon like Throh and Sawk Tauros and Boffalant and Luvdic and alomamola

man , everyone wants a link between luvdisc and alomomola. Am i the only one who doesn't ?

Chomper4

With the desert, I see Sandile and Onix lines in the dex.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I wouldn't mind anything between 110-130, with a good balance of new evolved forms of previous Pokemon and brand new ones. Also I really hope they cool it with the legendary Pokemon. The mascots, the leader, the Mew-type, a trio, and maybe another random one would be fine.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I WANT JYNX TO EVOLVE.

Liefesa

Travelling collector

This is something I've always hoped for - Luvdisc and Tauros were basically copied for Gen V. I was amazed they did not evolve into Bouffalant and Alomomola...

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
I wonder whether or not we will get more from CoroCoro in a few days. Maybe more screenshots at least for some more past Pokémon included in the game. Hopefully at least Dex entries for the starters and/or Legendaries!

Status
Not open for further replies.