• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakurai

Furfrou's ability honestly sounds kind of OP, but I'm guessing it's probably going to have bad physical defense to balance it out.

I do wonder if any Pokemon are going to get it as their Mega Evolution ability, though...

Regality

Digital King
Just checking, but Furfou is pure Normal type right?

And do we know the effect that grooming it will have? :D

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Furfrou's ability honestly sounds kind of OP.

Makes me wonder if any Pokemon are going to get it as their Mega Evolution ability...

the ability itself does sound OP, but i would assume they'll give it below-average defenses to go with that.
I could see pokemon like piloswine getting it as a hidden ability (if it doesn't have one already, too lazy to check) but idk how widespread it will be.

Just checking, but Furfou is pure Normal type right?

And do we know the effect that grooming it will have? :D

it is pure-normal type :) and also, i believe it was said that it's purely aesthetic. nothing else is affected.

Sukiza

Gardevoir fan
am i one of the only whos probably going to use furfrou in xy team? i think it looks adorable and because its normal and only fighting type attacks would hurt him and he has that nice ability with 50% less phycial dmg.. and most fighting attacks are like that..
i smell a good match coming up :)

untill now i like 11 pokemon but only 6 can be put in a team, might just catch 'em all and try all out and see whats best in stats/looks/move pool but as far as i can see there will be so many pokemon into this game might take forever haha

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
am i one of the only whos probably going to use furfrou in xy team? i think it looks adorable and because its normal and only fighting type attacks would hurt him and he has that nice ability with 50% less phycial dmg.. and most fighting attacks are like that..
i smell a good match coming up :)

untill now i like 11 pokemon but only 6 can be put in a team, might just catch 'em all and try all out and see whats best in stats/looks/move pool but as far as i can see there will be so many pokemon into this game might take forever haha

Look at my avatar and sig, there you go i will be using furfrou on my team and it definately has a great ability but it will be balanced out somehow

Sukiza

Gardevoir fan
Look at my avatar and sig, there you go i will be using furfrou on my team and it definately has a great ability but it will be balanced out somehow

ye maybe they add some special fighting attacks to fight against the poodle. or maybe like that psychic attack from braixen.. with the special attack hitting like a psycial bu then the other way around ofcourse :p

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
ye maybe they add some special fighting attacks to fight against the poodle. or maybe like that psychic attack from braixen.. with the special attack hitting like a psycial bu then the other way around ofcourse :p

what special fighting-type attacks do you think would be good? none of the current ones we have really make sense to me as to why they're fighting-type but i can't even complain because of the lack of them. Focus Blast. i mean honestly it even sounds more like a psychic-type attack since they're all about that mental focus. then again, i can see why it could be fighting-type since martial artist tend to hyperfocus things and they seem to be mind > matter to achieve things. like when they break bricks. i heard that the way they do it is through the law of physics that says "energy in motion remains in motion until it is stopped" or something like that. so they convince themselves that they can just keep their hand in motion through the stone blocks. and they do it. like wtf. but anyway, aura sphere also doesn't make sense to me, nor does vaccuum wave. but i do like the moves.

Naito

Three times in a row the same avatar xD

I do hope we'll get some official revelations till the games release. I am still wondering how many pokemon we will have this time....

Aetius

Three times in a row the same avatar xD

I do hope we'll get some official revelations till the games release. I am still wondering how many pokemon we will have this time....

Hmm. I think we won't get any revelations from now on....
We will see the rest of the pokèmon in the actual game I think.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I love how 90% of all avatars Changes to the latest batch of Pokémon every CoroCoro. ^^

Also, Orotto isn't really neglected. It's smart of them to now show it off more than that. It's much more exciting to to see and Think about a mysterious Pokémon than Reading all about it on a site. Though, I do wanna know it's Typing. Grass is obvious, but I'm really hoping for Ghost as the secondary Type.

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
I love how 90% of all avatars Changes to the latest batch of Pokémon every CoroCoro. ^^

Also, Orotto isn't really neglected. It's smart of them to now show it off more than that. It's much more exciting to to see and Think about a mysterious Pokémon than Reading all about it on a site. Though, I do wanna know it's Typing. Grass is obvious, but I'm really hoping for Ghost as the secondary Type.

Mine changed once but it changed because i love poodles and hearts so i have a pokemon that is made for me ahahaha

mankarp

I wonder why Oorotto has been neglected. :/
Maybe because there is a surprise about this pokemon ... In a recent tv comercial in japan it was shown a horde battle of Oorottos with a sudowodo. In the end they might have some kind of relationship (evolution/ split evolution).
So far all horde battles have been shown with the same pokemon or pokemon with some kind of relationship (tauros-miltank) soo we never know it might be revealed randomly like Pyroar or it could not be revealed till release :)

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Mine changed once but it changed because i love poodles and hearts so i have a pokemon that is made for me ahahaha

Well that makes sense. ^^ And it's even moer awesome if you are male, haha.

@mankarp
I Think they just appears with eachother since they are both based on Trees (more or less), but yeah, a alternate evolution would be sweet, cuz' that means there ARE evos of old Pokémon. ^^

LordSerperior

The first time I've changed and it is only to support Quilladin, which got a lot of hate

AquaPikachu

The first time I've changed and it is only to support Quilladin, which got a lot of hate

I still don't have a avatar...i really need to do that soon. Also Orotto is either going to be Grass/Ghost or Grass/Dark and i am leaning to Grass/Ghost for this one..just fits Orotto so much better

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Maybe because there is a surprise about this pokemon ... In a recent tv comercial in japan it was shown a horde battle of Oorottos with a sudowodo. In the end they might have some kind of relationship (evolution/ split evolution).
So far all horde battles have been shown with the same pokemon or pokemon with some kind of relationship (tauros-miltank) soo we never know it might be revealed randomly like Pyroar or it could not be revealed till release :)

The relationship is mimicking a tree more than an evolution personally. I can't see a crying bonsai evolve into a sinister tree unless the trainer was a jerk and decided to not teach it Mimic and thus it weeps and gets pissed off and evolves.

Aarun

Initially, despite absolutely 100% guaranteeing my picking of Chespin as my starter prior to Quilladin's reveal, Quilladin had put me off the line. However, now that I've seen how it looks in-game and the fact that it's name seems like it could be a combination of the words Quill and Paladin, my opinion has totally changed and I'm really looking forward to seeing what my little guy evolves into!

Status
Not open for further replies.