• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawsbuck

Eeveelution trainer
The first time I've changed and it is only to support Quilladin, which got a lot of hate

I don't think Quilladin got too much hate from people, but he was looked down upon which is quite sad.
Poor guy got fat and people didn't like that.

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
Well that makes sense. ^^ And it's even moer awesome if you are male, haha.

@mankarp
I Think they just appears with eachother since they are both based on Trees (more or less), but yeah, a alternate evolution would be sweet, cuz' that means there ARE evos of old Pokémon. ^^

Well then i guess things just got more awesome ahahah

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~

Aurath8

I don't think Quilladin got too much hate from people, but he was looked down upon which is quite sad.
Poor guy got fat and people didn't like that.

I think its unfair to judge a starter based on its middle evo. Look at past starters, and many of them look weird or out of place when compared to the rest of the line. It can be as simple as weird colouring like Charmeleon, or a different design entirely like Quilava or Grotle.

Quilladin did bring one good thing, and that's the prospect of its evo being based off a knight. Until we see them, Chespin and Froakie are still duking it out for my choice.

john90

I was thinking.. In gen 5 Hydreigon was the only pseudolegend with no x4 weaknesses. Now it's x4 weak to Fairy. So all pseudo legends have their x4. Do you think that when they create hydreigon they already knew about Fairy type?

Spiff-Corgi

Depending on how coy Gamefreak wants to be, we could have anything between 40 and 50-something new Pokémon revealed before the game is out. If it sits back at 40ish then that would make the dex around 110 Pokémon going by how many we got last gen and how many were in the dex. Thoughts, anyone?

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I was thinking.. In gen 5 Hydreigon was the only pseudolegend with no x4 weaknesses. Now it's x4 weak to Fairy. So all pseudo legends have their x4. Do you think that when they create hydreigon they already knew about Fairy type?

They don't even call them that so no they probably don't care about it having 4x weaknesses at all but it said the game are being developed for a long time, so Fairy time was probably an idea already but I'm not sure the typing advantages/disadvantages were decided already and like I said they aren't going to decide what Fairy is weak or strong against based on Hydreigon needing to have a x4 weakness.

LordSerperior

See a lot of people think Quilladin is the worst gen 6 pokemon so I wasn't wrong in my judgement. The Pokemons I hate this gen are actually Litleo, Honedge and Braixen. Pryoar has changed my opinion of litleo though. I have nothing against pokemon based on objects but Honedge is just pathetic in its unsheathed form, it was truly the worst pokemon ever for me until Braixen happened. That thing is disgusting, another bipedal fire starter, that looks like Lucario's little sister and is way too feminine. I don't have a problem with feminine pokemon either but I don't like the starters being too masculine or feminine. I have always found The middle stages of starters really cool, even for the lines I don't like (Monferno and Charmeleon) but Braixen so far is the only one I hate and unlike Quilladin I can't even see how it might improve on evolution.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Meh I have more to do than hate a pokemon I don't hate any pokemon even if I'm not much of a fan of some, like I've said(300 times) Vanilittle and Gear evos and Volcarona.

Naito

See a lot of people think Quilladin is the worst gen 6 pokemon so I wasn't wrong in my judgement. The Pokemons I hate this gen are actually Litleo, Honedge and Braixen. Pryoar has changed my opinion of litleo though. I have nothing against pokemon based on objects but Honedge is just pathetic in its unsheathed form, it was truly the worst pokemon ever for me until Braixen happened. That thing is disgusting, another bipedal fire starter, that looks like Lucario's little sister and is way too feminine. I don't have a problem with feminine pokemon either but I don't like the starters being too masculine or feminine. I have always found The middle stages of starters really cool, even for the lines I don't like (Monferno and Charmeleon) but Braixen so far is the only one I hate and unlike Quilladin I can't even see how it might improve on evolution.

I think people hate Quilladin because it is ''fat''. That is lame. Also I don't see how you can call Braixen disgusting...

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I'm hearing people pronouncing Meowstic 'Mew-stick', while I've been saying it like the way you say Meowth instead of Mew. So, which is correct? Mew or Meowth?!

@Naito
I was disappointed when I saw Quilladin, but only because of it's face and nose and such... the art made it look... very off. However, the in-game footage made me like it more. And just like with it's fellow Egg-Shaped Middle Starter Pignite, I will come to love it, too. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.