• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frisky

I can't wait to see the evolution of Meowstic

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
With Tyrunt's ability, I hope there will be a proper Dragon "bite" attack.

LordSerperior

Eh, people have a tendency to over-react when it comes to starters. You know, viciously attack starters they don't like and furiously defend the ones they love. Hell, I've been guilty of that too. Personally, I've never disliked a single Pokemon for being a biped or a quadruped, and too feminine or too masculine. That kind of thought process is so alien to my own that when people rant about that stuff all I can do is scratch my head and go "okay, whatever floats your boat, I guess".

I don't hate pokemon for being quadruped or biped or their masculinity and femininity either. Braixen is the sixth biped starter which I don't like but that's probably the least important of the problems I have with Braixen. And if it was a regular pokemon I wouldn't mind it's femininity either, I just don't like starters looking too masculine or feminine. People can argue about the Meganium because of its flower but it doesn't really look all that feminine IMO. Plus I haven't really defended Quilladin anywhere nor argued with people who hate it, merely mentioned I used it for my avatar to support it
And what I think about Braixen is solely my opinion and I don't mean to offend anyone with it, so people should accept it.
Middle staged starter evos always look really cool but I've been disappointed since last gen with Pignite, which I was neutral about, and now with Quilladin, which now I like and Braixen, which I hope evolves into something that can help me forget Braixen

Garbodor.

Guys, when do they release the full list of the Pokemon in the game?
is it after the game comes out or few days before?

Razmos

I have this sponge..
Yeah, I doubt it too, but it would be quite nice, as if its stats did back it up, it would be an interesting Pokemon to use and would be able to exploit any weather condition.

Perhaps if there was a MegaCastform, you could visit an NPC in a house, or visit a certain landmark or point of interest on the Kalos Map, and you could change Castform's Ability between Sand Stream, Drizzle, Drought and Snow Warning, and cancel its previous ability so it doesn't need the ability previously to transform, it just transforms automatically instead.
I like the idea of changing it's ability. especially with the focus on Fairies in the region, which are sometimes shown to have weather changing abilities.

Would be cool if Castform became Normal/Fairy and turned into an Ice/Fairy, Fire/Fairy, Water/Fairy, Ground/Fairy with the weather. It would give Castform amazing type coverage, and it's low stats would be countered by it being a Jack of all trades type wise.

NightFire7

I want the pokebeach rumour to be right and meowstic has a pre evo, just like how it correctly predicted inkay evolving into malimar and pancham evolving into pangoro. I think meowstic is already awesome enough and I can imagine its pre evo being a cute little kitten, but I wouldn't mind an evo even though it may be hard to top since meowstic already looks great.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
I like the idea of changing it's ability. especially with the focus on Fairies in the region, which are sometimes shown to have weather changing abilities.

Would be cool if Castform became Normal/Fairy and turned into an Ice/Fairy, Fire/Fairy, Water/Fairy, Ground/Fairy with the weather. It would give Castform amazing type coverage, and it's low stats would be countered by it being a Jack of all trades type wise.
Though a sandstorm isn't actually a weather condition.

Frisky

What if Meowstic is the final evolution and we have yet to see Espurr/its first form?

Hmmmm....that could happen....

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
Yep most likely. Most likely a Rock-type version as well.

That too. But with Rock type attacks I prefer having more special based moves. We already have Ancientpower and Power Gem, but those moves are quite uncommon and their BP are rather mediocre.

Frisky

I want to see a Ghost/Rock type pokemon that evolves by using Ancientpower

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
so have we discussed how we are pronouncing some names e.g

Furfrou - FurfrOH, FurfrOW, FurfrEW

Braixen - BrEYEzen, BrAYzen, BrAXEN, BrIXEN

NightFire7

I would imagine that Tyrunt will get moves such as fire fang, ice fang and thunder fang which would all get a power boost from its ability, but I hope this gen also gives it some stab biting moves such as a rock type biting move or even a dragon type biting move. I imagine that Tyrunt's final evo will have massive attack but low speed kind of like Rampardos, but I hope it actually has a little more base speed which is around 65-75 ish or even more if we are lucky so it can at least out run a few things without having to rely on something like rock polish.

PMG

Pokemon Master Gaz
Tyrunt should get a move called Stone Teeth and the unoriginal Dragon Fang - perhaps Dual Chop will be boosted

Frisky

Maybe Tyrunt will get a rock-type bite move....hmmm name it Colossal Chomp

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.

Would be nice, but Castform doesn't change with Sandstorm, and if it does, wouldn't it just also just as well become Rock/Fairy, or Steel/Fairy?
And if you say that it should get a Form with Sandstorm, then it should get a Form for Fog too, IMO.

But since Sandstorm isn't really Weather, I don't see it happening.

Paralititan

I would imagine that Tyrunt will get moves such as fire fang, ice fang and thunder fang which would all get a power boost from its ability, but I hope this gen also gives it some stab biting moves such as a rock type biting move or even a dragon type biting move. I imagine that Tyrunt's final evo will have massive attack but low speed kind of like Rampardos, but I hope it actually has a little more base speed which is around 65-75 ish or even more if we are lucky so it can at least out run a few things without having to rely on something like rock polish.

T.rex was rather fast, for a big theropod. I'm hoping for a speed around 80 and attack around 145

Ej190

Think we'll get a new weather condition this gen? A fog weather that isn't as haxy or acid rain or that weather from pokemon xd, any of them could be fun.
Also, if you could get any ability as a one time use item what would it be? Like we got air balloon as a pseudo levitate.

Status
Not open for further replies.