• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

I have this sponge..
Would be nice, but Castform doesn't change with Sandstorm, and if it does, wouldn't it just also just as well become Rock/Fairy, or Steel/Fairy?
And if you say that it should get a Form with Sandstorm, then it should get a Form for Fog too, IMO.

But since Sandstorm isn't really Weather, I don't see it happening.
Not really, Sand in the pokemon games is usually associated with the Ground type. Trapinch and Hippodown as examples, as well as Sand Attack and Sand Tomb.
I've no idea why the Sandstorm attack itself is Rock-type though.

Rock/Fairy could potentially work, but Steel/Fairy would make no sense, since Sandstorms have nothing to do with Steel. (Steel types just resist it because they are made of metal and their skin isn't damaged by it)

Sandstorm is really weather, both in real life and in Pokemon games. Fog is rather uncommon and is basically just an environmental effect more than a weather condition, then again, I wouldn't mind if it WAS a Castform form, Flying/Fairy maybe? i can dream.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
Not really, Sand in the pokemon games is usually associated with the Ground type. Trapinch and Hippodown as examples, as well as Sand Attack and Sand Tomb.
I've no idea why the Sandstorm attack itself is Rock-type though.

Rock/Fairy could potentially work, but Steel/Fairy would make no sense, since Sandstorms have nothing to do with Steel. (Steel types just resist it because they are made of metal and their skin isn't damaged by it)

Sandstorm is really weather, both in real life and in Pokemon games. Fog is rather uncommon and is basically just an environmental effect more than a weather condition, then again, I wouldn't mind if it WAS a Castform form, Flying/Fairy maybe? i can dream.
Sandstorm is a result of windforce blowing up sand. A weather condition is something that is caused by clouds.

Smeargle1987

Reckless Trainer
Anyone else hoping the Megas aint taken the place of new Pokemon in the Kalos dex? Im a tad worried

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
I'm struggling to find a team of pokemon that is balanced, So far i've got Chespin, Squirtle, Furfrou, Spritzee/Flabebe/Sylveon, Vivillion and Amaura i am really struggling to narrow it down to one fairy ...... i may have to do a rotation team for a while ahahhah

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
In Pokemon, Sandstorm is a weather condition, whether technically it should be so or not.

In that case I still don't see GF coming up with a Rock type Castform, they should have done that in gen 3 along with the other weather conditions.

crobatman

Is the poodle pokemon going to be the only new non-legendary with form changes that are not Mega-evolution?

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~

johno1995

Chespin, Squirtle, Pangoro, Ampharos (Mega), and Swirlix are my team so far.

Swirlix might go depending on its evolution, but I'm just happy I still have one spot left. Debating on Pyroar or Talonflame to be on my team, that all depends if Fly is essential/useful throughout the game.

I can do without a Fire-type though if it comes down to it. Didn't have one in White, and I survived :D

crobatman

Well, Rotom could get a new form, and that would be interesting too.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Chespin, Squirtle, Pangoro, Ampharos (Mega), and Swirlix are my team so far.

Swirlix might go depending on its evolution, but I'm just happy I still have one spot left. Debating on Pyroar or Talonflame to be on my team, that all depends if Fly is essential/useful throughout the game.

I do not know (and will probably not know until release) my playthrough team, but I have been planning my final team, and have been testing some of them in gen V.
As for your team, I like it. I would say for in-game, go Talonflame, seeing as you might need a flyer.

Frisky

crobatman

Rotom Scooter Form! :) We would be able to ride a rotom!

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste

LordSerperior

Talking about weather conditions, the ones I really want are Wind-related one that increases the accuracy of flying type and the wind moves, decreases the speed of all non-flying type pokemon. Acid Rain, like a poisont type hail and an electric type lightning storm

fafafou

Any ground pokemon have been introduced yet....what kind of ground pokemon we will have ?
Maybe a normal/ground bunnelby evo
it seems to be the fire and fairy generation

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Talking about weather conditions, the ones I really want are Wind-related one that increases the accuracy of flying type and the wind moves, decreases the speed of all non-flying type pokemon. Acid Rain, like a poisont type hail and an electric type lightning storm

Hum, I actually want that too, albeit instead lowering the evasiveness of Flying Types and light Pokémon, due to strong winds blowing them away, while Wnd based Moves are heightened, and Gust, Hurricane, and similar Attacks will always hit.

But, everyone's Teams are looking so much more balanced than mine :p
Fennekin, Torchic, Fletchling, Pangoro, Amaura, something else.
3 Fire Types. And it's my second least favorite Type (after Fighting. Fighting is ughness.)

Everlasting

Everything stays.
So far, I'm taking in my team the only Pokémon I totally LOVE in all the possible ways, because there are more Pokémon that weren't revealed and I don't want to make a full team of 6 when more than half of the new Pokémon are still hidden.
My team actually consists of Chespin, Fletchling and Tyrunt, which is kinda a good balance, if you ask me. Grass, Fire, Flying, Rock and Dragon, without any repeats! For those that are curious, I found Tyrunt's resistances and weaknesses.
- Tyrunt is weak against Steel, Ground, Fighting, Dragon, Ice and Fairy.
- Tyrunt resists Normal, Fire, Flying, Poison and Electric.
- Tyrunt is normally affected by Bug, Ghost, Rock, Water, Grass, Dark and Psychic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.