1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freeze Dry is a Ice type move that deals super effective damage against Water types. Not only that, Amaura and Aurorus's ability Refrigerate turns all its Normal type moves into Ice type moves and increases its power. Very interesting Pokemon if you ask me.

2. AquaPikachu

AquaPikachu Well-Known Member

I really like Auroros but i do think it pails in comparison to Tyrunturm..man does that thing look good. I wonder what moves Auroros would learn...

3. Cuddy

Cuddy Cyndaquil Master

Probably attacks like Dry Freeze and Aurora Beam, like it is in one of the trailers. It probably also know moves like Body Slam, which because if its ability, it will turn into an ice type. I do see it also know a move like Rock Slide because it is also a rock type, that some seem to forget.

4. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

Standard STAB moves given the type, usual fossil moveset. Curse could be mildly cool on it, as would Pain Split.

5. Torus333

Torus333 Fakemon Artist

We still have the regional fish left to be revealed.. The pseudo legendary line, legends etc.. Im excited about this

6. Cuddy

Cuddy Cyndaquil Master

We have so much they have yet to reveal. They never showed us a regional rodent unless they try to make Bunnelby it, but I consider it in the area where Buneary is. They also not show us all the legendary Pokemon yet or any ground Pokemon.

7. MidnightFennekin

MidnightFennekin Furfrou Fanatic

Patrat is hiding under your bed.

8. Cuddy

Cuddy Cyndaquil Master

Patret is last gens regional rodent and so is Zigzagoon in gen 3 rodent. They could be this region rodent too, but I do not think so.

9. Endless

Endless Sun God ☉

I find Tyrantrum's entry rather ironic. It states that it can tear through steel plates with ease, yet Steel resists both its STABs.

However, dex entries aren't exactly known for being true to the metagame.

10. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

no, he means you're wrong about them not showing the regional rodent

Bunnelby was caught by whatserface from IGN, so it's probably found pretty early; it's probably the regional rodent

the Dex says something similar about Haxorus, yeah

11. Blackjack the Titan

Blackjack the Titan It’s been a while

I think there will be screenshot releases of un-revealed Pokémon in other gaming magazines besides CoroCoro. That, or dex screenshot releases, but not the screenshots of the full dex like last gen.

12. DinoKing

DinoKing Burn...

It might learn a dragon or rock type move that's strong against steel or at least I hope it does.

13. Endolise

Endolise TengenToppaBoogaloo

It's Charizard melting boulders all over again.

Blackjack the Titan likes this.
  14. Taodragon

Taodragon Training Anaylst

And Magcargo evaporating water on contact.

15. dbApplejack

dbApplejack Whitney's Protege

I'm gonna get so much enjoyment bringing the ice age to that overgrown lizard, Tyrantrum ^^

I like both designs, but personally, the sails on Aurorus are perfect and so majestic. I love how they have a gradient and fit along the contour of Aurorus' figure.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  16. Lilligantastic

Lilligantastic Well-Known Member

I actually prefer Aurorus to Tyrantrum but it seems I'm in the minority. I just think it's so graceful and looks refreshingly elegant for a fossil. I do love the big T-rex though!

17. Lilligantastic

Lilligantastic Well-Known Member

I would love it if the regional fish was a mermaid line. Like a really beautiful, but slightly creepy mermaid.

18. Chimchar15

Chimchar15 Well-Known Member

I like Amaura and Aurorus because they look graceful and have a really cool ability but Tyrunt and Tyrantrum look so boss plus rock/dragon for the win. I just hope there's a new dragon or rock move that could make good use of his ability.

19. bolter1

bolter1 Swampert Trainer

Oh, what I'd do to give it a Dragon version of Crunch (not another variation of the Fangs, too low BP for me).

20. MasterofArcanine

MasterofArcanine Pokecollection Maste

Draco Jaws? Or Stone Fang?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.