• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
Part of me Believes it's another Mega, which is fine I would like a few surprises in game, we have a good chunk of evo's for the Pokemon revealed (still hoping for Clauncher evo) but if it is in fact just an evolution of an older Poke, then I Would like to see an evolution to something from 5th Gen, it seems forgotten already

Maybe. The only thing have to say on that theory is I would think they would have called it a Mega Evolution instead of just a evolution.

Heartlessangel17

Dark Trainer
They might not be version exclusive but could have inverted encounter rate in each game in the same location or something. It could be Helioptile's evo :) that would be nice me thinks.

Hmmm, that would be pretty cool actually :p where it's sail is lied along it's back first, but can be raised up :) it certainly carries the solar powered thing forward too :)

I really hope not. I think it was so stupid of Game Freak to make a fire/normal and an electric/normal pokemon. Why? Because you have given two pokemon with good types a really un-needed weakness to Fighting.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
no worse than Magneton or Dugtrio, amirite

Colbert-High-Five.gif

*high five for the awesome Triple Pokémon*

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Yes because the less Pokemon revealed the more excitement I will have when playing the game.

I don't mind if some Pokemon revealed, and if it's going to take 3 months to localize a games then I don't mind if all Pokemon are revealed.

However worldwide release, and likely getting the game hopefully less than a week after it comes out (stupid Amazon), or if I can get enough Eshop money FOR digital download, I would love to be pleasantly surprised. I've never been able to be surprised about Pokemon games, in terms of new Pokemon. Would be interesting to see how it feels.

Will one more Pokémon really make all that much of a difference?

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
I really hope not. I think it was so stupid of Game Freak to make a fire/normal and an electric/normal pokemon. Why? Because you have given two pokemon with good types a really un-needed weakness to Fighting.
But they also gain an immunity and another STAB (even if it doesn't deal 2x damage against something , it's still useful to have) which I think makes an additional weakness forgivable.

Heartlessangel17

Dark Trainer
and an immunity to Ghost

and a secondary STAB with decent neutral coverage

and a reason to use them over other generic Fire- and Electric-types

An immunity to ghost and some other possible STAB moves. That's it? Normal isn't even a good type with many good offensive moves IMO.

dman_dustin

Will one more Pokémon really make all that much of a difference?

Arguably no, but I still think Oorotto should take precedence, if it's not Oorotto why not wait until the 2nd of October or something.

However we don't know how many new Pokemon are in the games, or whether or not I'll be able to run into these brand new Pokemon never before seen.

Last edited:

Odious

あなたは馬鹿
It also means he's not making it into OU with the amount of fighting powerhouses

Well judging by the looks of them at the moment I didn't think they would be getting into OU to begin with maybe UU if not NU but that doesn't mean it would be worthless in OU just mean you'd have to build your team different people do it all the time.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
god forbid my Pokemon has downsides

An immunity to ghost and some other possible STAB moves. That's it? Normal isn't even a good type with many good offensive moves IMO.

it's neutral coverage, not SE

Fighting weakness isn't that much of a trade-off for what you're getting

It also means he's not making it into OU with the amount of fighting powerhouses

tbf there's like 250ish FE Pokemon this gen, not everything's going to make it in

Cross_Thunder_Zekrom

if they ever do another Eeveelution, it could end being one of 3 possible types to go along with Sylveon: Dragom, Posion and Steel.

Dragon: Draceon/Drakeon
Posion: Scorpeon/Toxiceon/Poiseon
Steel: Metaleon/Bladeon/Sharpeon/Mirreon (I would say Steel one would be a bit hard to name it.)

dman_dustin

if they ever do another Eeveelution, it could end being one of 3 possible types to go along with Sylveon: Dragom, Posion and Steel.
Dragon: Draceon/Drakeon

If it's not going to be Wyvereon that I don't want a dragon type evolution for Eevee. Wyvereon flows better out of the mouth than Draceon/Drakeon who are too harsh and rough.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
That new evolution the official site is hinting better be a down-to-earth evolution to an old Pokémon and not a Mega Evolution. We haven't gotten a single new evolution ever since Sylveon appeared.

It doesn't say which Pokémon gets it and it seems to be making a big deal out of it, so I have hope.

Ditto24

Why are Litleo and Helioptile getting knocked for not being OU in a metagame that no ones has even seen yet??

thetamale

Oowhateverhisrealnamewillbe was shown in a horde battle, have we seen a horde battle with anything other than unevolved (not counting baby) Pokemon?

PsychoIncarnate

That new evolution the official site is hinting better be a down-to-earth evolution to an old Pokémon and not a Mega Evolution. We haven't gotten a single new evolution ever since Sylveon appeared.

It doesn't say which Pokémon gets it and it seems to be making a big deal out of it, so I have hope.

Which makes me believe it's going to be another eeveelution

Status
Not open for further replies.