• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.J. Knight

Don't forget about a possible Eeveelution.

Sponge

The ghost spider caused...
major internal squealing.

I want it.

Me too, it sounds like a team member to me!

I have faith that pokebeach wouldn't post the rumour if they thought it didn't have a good chance of being true. Nothing appears that unbelievable either.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Oh please no, my dearest Togepi cannot be retyped Fairy. Neither can her family!

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Oh please no, my dearest Togepi cannot be retyped Fairy. Neither can her family!

Doesn't Fairy just make it better, though? That immunity to/advantage against Dragon is pretty sexy...

adamfitz

poké-lover

Think how I am
Its my most prized pokemon
And now we can do something new and exciting
Teaching new moves and coming up with a new strategy
But I do know what you mean, I love the normal typing, it fits so well

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Doesn't Fairy just make it better, though? That immunity to/advantage against Dragon is pretty sexy...

I just feel too bad for Togepi's Normal type to be dropped. It's not because you're Fairy looking that you get retyped. I feel bad for how many Normal types will probably get retyped because most of the possible Fairy are in the Normal type category.
I think it's been around 13 years since we got used to Togepi's Normal type, and it shouldn't be touched. It doesn't apply for Jigglypuff because she doesn't loose completely this type after all. I'm just feeling nostalgia for Togepi, that's all...

thetamale

I just feel too bad for Togepi's Normal type to be dropped. It's not because you're Fairy looking that you get retyped. I feel bad for how many Normal types will probably get retyped because most of the possible Fairy are in the Normal type category.
I think it's been around 13 years since we got used to Togepi's Normal type, and it shouldn't be touched. It doesn't apply for Jigglypuff because she doesn't loose completely this type after all.

It's a good thing - there are more mono normal typed fully evolved Pokemon than any other, more than can fit into a single box.

NightFire7

I think when people worry about pokemon getting a type change is that it could change the way it functions. Togekiss has been known to be a pain in competitive battles with air slash and tri attack and serene grace, if it loses one of its typings, than one of its key stab moves get a lot weaker. I think a common mistake people make is that they think that Fairy is just an all round good typing that can make the pokemon retconned much better since it is immune to dragon, the problem is that with fairy now introduced, I suspect there is going to be rise in poison types in competitive play, especially gengar. Not only would togekiss lose its ground immunity if flying gets replaced, it would lose its ghost immunity if normal gets replaced and that would especially mean trouble against Gengar. You may get an immunity to one type, but you get exposed by another.

adamfitz

poké-lover
I think it's been around 13 years since we got used to Togepi's Normal type, and it shouldn't be touched. It doesn't apply for Jigglypuff because she doesn't loose completely this type after all. I'm just feeling nostalgia for Togepi, that's all...

I feel the same way :D

I feel like a lot of pokemon that could be normal will now be fairy

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

I would expect Togepi and Togetic to retain their Normal-types, so I wouldn't see it as a "revision" so much as I would an "addition." Like getting access to new moves.

Togekiss, on the other hand, is another matter, since one of its types would inevitably have to be dropped.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I hope this upcoming reveal is the last, or one of the last before the game comes out. I'm sure there's still many to discover, but I want that many more when I play the game.

NightFire7

All I can say is with fairy now introduced and also steel losing its resistances to ghost and dark, I predict many sludge bombs and shadow balls to start flying around in competitive battles.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I hope this upcoming reveal is the last, or one of the last before the game comes out. I'm sure there's still many to discover, but I want that many more when I play the game.

NONSENSE! WE KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THE GAME NOW! LIVE WITH IT!

(Which is untrue, as we don't even know the full Gym Leader roster yet, or the Elite Four... This better not show before the game comes out.)

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I would expect Togepi and Togetic to retain their Normal-types, so I wouldn't see it as a "revision" so much as I would an "addition." Like getting access to new moves.

Togekiss, on the other hand, is another matter, since one of its types would inevitably have to be dropped.

To be totally honest with you, Togetic looks more Fairy than Togekiss...
I know it could give Togepi's line an advantage, but I think her Normal type suits better, that's all. :p

NightFire7

As cool as fairy type is, that tri attack and air slash are really nice moves that togekiss abuses in competitive battles especially with serene grace, if one of those stabs goes, than one of togekisses signature moves gets nerfed.

Status
Not open for further replies.