• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

So it's 1 AM in Tokyo right now... What time do you think the new pokemon will be released?

sometime tomorrow
It's the english facebook that's doing the unveiling, not Japan. I don't think they even gave a timeframe for it. Could be morning, the afternoon, the evening...

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
So it's 1 AM in Tokyo right now... What time do you think the new pokemon will be released?

The only question I have though is which time zone the Pokemon site will follow? The Japanese time or the Western ones? Hopefully its the Eastern time so we get the revelation much earlier..

Razmos

I have this sponge..
Apparently Mr Fake Leaker also posted this image earlier:

View attachment 10412

Both the screens on the 3DS appear to be images taken from Serebii (well, that's where I found the images) Photoshopped onto the 3DS.
He didn't post that, a fansite trying to point out that box art can be faked posted that.

Jac

He didn't post that, a fansite trying to point out that box art can be faked posted that.

Oh. I see. It's just that I saw saw someone on Reddit (who staunchly believed the "leaks" from this fellow are real) posted the image claiming the "leaker" posted it.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Not wanting to come off as a troll here... I'm honestly just throwing stuff out there, buuuuuuuuuut Mewtwo got a second form and the first was revealed as a forme

It was never called a "forme" anywhere outside of mistranslations on English-language fansites.

Razmos

I have this sponge..
In the top right corner of the leaks website there is the cryptic name "Gallantoad"

which... is actually a pretty cool name, I hope that is the name of Froakie's final form.

storm12

Weather Bearer
So um... like, the FB reveal? Which timezone is the Pokemon page officially working with? Because in Japan it is the 25th Now :L or would it be once all time zones have passed into the 25th, because then, like, it would be the 26th in Japan :S I'm confused?

Regality

Digital King
It was never called a "forme" anywhere outside of mistranslations on English-language fansites.

To be honest, Mega Evolutions are pretty much formes :D

Griever789

Hm It's not imposible for someone to have gotten the game at this stage from some method. The game probally complete, catridges with the game probally exist, and it not unheard of copies to be leak out into gray markets, heck I once got soul caliber IV a week early at a flae market, but I think the leaker been more or less proven fake. But at this time scale 3 weeks from release it not impossible for a real leaker to appear.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
" Heads up, Trainers! We’re revealing a never-before-seen evolved Pokémon exclusively on our Facebook page on September 25! "

This is definitely a pokemon from past gen that now evolves into a new pokemon for me. Because the " never-before-seen " actually is the point here. All new generation pokemon are never before seen, don't they? Why would they show us an evolution of a new generation pokemon instead of introducing a new one? So, my hopes are high for tomorrow to get a past gen evolution.

I'm quoting myself for once to point out one thing. If they say, " never-before-seen evolved pokemon " that can't be Eevee. Eevee has already evolved 8 times with this generation. This pokemon should be one-stage line or a pokemon that has pre-evolution. Perhaps, Dunsparce or Farfetch'd?

Alexafan4life

So um... like, the FB reveal? Which timezone is the Pokemon page officially working with? Because in Japan it is the 25th Now :L or would it be once all time zones have passed into the 25th, because then, like, it would be the 26th in Japan :S I'm confused?
it 4:50am here in nz and it 25th september

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I'm quoting myself for once to point out one thing. If they say, " never-before-seen evolved pokemon " that can't be Eevee. Eevee has already evolved 8 times with this generation. This pokemon should be one-stage line or a pokemon that has pre-evolution. Perhaps, Dunsparce or Farfetch'd?

Unless they mean that the new Pokémon is the never-before-seen evolved Pokémon.

And not Dunsparce. I want it to go mega.

I don't see why it couldn't be another Eeveelution. It's a new evolution for Eevee, so in that way it is never-before-seen. Plus it is an evolved Pokémon: an evolved Pokémon of Eevee.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
Then again if did turned out an Eeveelution it can be considered as a "never-before-seen evolved Pokemon"..

I think that caption just meant as "a final evolution we have not seen before" rather than "an evolution of Pokemon that hasn't been seen in this generation"..

Anyway anything is possible.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
The second leaker did so much backtracking though. Why was the box art in both French/English at some parts. Some things were in French and then some in English, then it had a French sticker thing, but then it had the ESRB rating. Then all of a sudden he's from that French part of Canada? The information he gives is vague and sounds like hes going from memory, but he has the game. Why wouldn't he write them as he goes. It all screams fake.

We're going to see a lot of people claiming they have the game in the weeks coming up. So I'm sure he won't be the first we see.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I don't see why it couldn't be another Eeveelution. It's a new evolution for Eevee, so in that way it is never-before-seen. Plus it is an evolved Pokémon: an evolved Pokémon of Eevee.

Because it is people's personal way of approach. It can be Eevee, because for you it might state that "this evolved form of the Eevee hasn't been released since now." or for some other people it can be "A pokemon that has never evolved in before. " I personally want it to be an eeveeloution for sure, but still that approach seems more realistic to me at the moment.

john90

In the top right corner of the leaks website there is the cryptic name "Gallantoad"

which... is actually a pretty cool name, I hope that is the name of Froakie's final form.

Frommander's name is Frommander. è_è
They are not toads, they are frogs. So, please no..

Status
Not open for further replies.