• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mardeon

Kalos King
Since the seasons were introduced last generation, maybe we can only evolve Eevee into Ninfia in a specific season (probably autumm, since it can be read somewhere in the news). That being said, we can speculate there will be 3 other new eevolutions, each one related to a different season, which I believe to be very unlikely (sadly). My guess is that we're having just another eevolution to counterpart this one (maybe ground or fighting).

adamfitz

poké-lover
But this isn't "good ground" either. You want it to be true so you're seeing all these similarities that don't really exist.

I'm actually not wanting flying type, would love a poison or ghost type eevee but its just not this one.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
But this isn't "good ground" either. You want it to be true so you're seeing all these similarities that don't really exist.

Stuff like flowing ribbons, sky blue eyes, and that battle screen aren't "similarities that don't really exist", that's actually some pretty solid evidence.

I don't remember there ever being a case of the type been blanked out by three question marks upon reveal

We don't know Xerneas and Yveltal's types either at this point.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Since the seasons were introduced last generation, maybe we can only evolve Eevee into Ninfia in a specific season (probably autumm, since it can be read somewhere in the news). That being said, we can speculate there will be 3 other new eevolutions, each one related to a different season, which I believe to be very unlikely (sadly). My guess is that we're having just another eevolution to counterpart this one (maybe ground or fighting).

About the weather
I doubt it because
In snowy,rainy or sunny conditions what would it evolve into
Glace on, vaporeon and flareon.
With the types that are left the only one that could do this would be sandstorm.

i saw that a nymph is a female deity that inhabits landmarks such as trees, mountains, water etc. i only say that because i've notived that the first part of the eveelution's names all have to do with their type.

flare (like solar flare) - burst of bright flames
leaf= self explanatory
jolt = usually associated with electricity
umbra = shadow
esp = ESP/some people also say telekenisis
vapor = water formed from gas
glace = glacier or french for ice

call me crazy but because of that, i pretty much think it might be a ground type considering that nymphs inhabit mountains as well. or maybe a bug type since it also can be an immature insect. but that's only my speculation.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
I actually believe that it may be a new type. A "light type" as many speculate could be its type. It might make the poison type that much more useful!

Stuff like flowing ribbons, sky blue eyes, and that battle screen aren't "similarities that don't really exist", that's actually some pretty solid evidence.

By that logic Chimecho would be Flying-type and Umbreon would be Fire-type. Plus, in that battle screen it looks like it uses a fire move more than anything.

TWN

5326 7398 1244
Too bad you don't know what a light type would look like, considering there arnet ANY.
Also your theory of the eeveelutions BEING the types, is interesting, but I doubt
That's what they where intended for.

What else would they be intended for? You don't think Game Freak's decision to make a Pokémon evolve into eight different beings of different types was a conscious decision? Do you think the fact that they were all given a different, single-typed designation was by chance? I don't understand where you're coming from; its quite obvious that Eevee is a vehicle to represent the different types.

But when I look at Ninfia, the flying type doesn't jump out at me at all. Nor does the bug type. And I highly doubt there would be a Normal typed Eeveelution, as that would be a dull and uninspired design decision to say the least. I don't dismiss the possibility, however. But I still say that Light or some other new type is the most probable.

When I look at Ninfia, I aso can't see directly that it is a light type... In fact, it even looks more like a flying type than a light type to me.
Ty<3.
Plus light type speculators don't even have much of a backing for saying that it "Looks" like a light type.
Yup that's what they also said about reshiram.

Given that Dark type is actually the "Evil" type in Japan, Light type would be "Purity" or something similar, as that is the logical opposite. Not actual light energy as the two of you may be imagining. That said, Purity would best be represented by gentle colors (not too bright, no clashing), delicate disposition, feminine or child-like qualities, and an overall welcoming, nonviolent stance. Similar to Chansey/Blissey and Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss. Probably a lot of pink, probably a predominance of hearts in many of the designs. Their moves wouldn't focus a lot on attacking, but rather securing defenses, healing, and strengthening teammates. Do you not agree that that is probably what Light types would probably look like? And does such a description not fit the new Ninfia better than any type we have already?

Lemme just say that whomever came up with the kite idea for Ninfeon?

BRILLIANT.

Seriously. Bravo. I love that.

I think a new type is far from baseless, given that:
1.) Ninfia does not have features that exaggerate any current type we have--which is odd, because Eeveelutions typically are obvious embodiments of their types (that's the point of Eeveelutions, to represent the different types). However, Ninfia does exaggerate purity as I described above.

Why does it have to exaggerate anything?

2.) Ninfia's type is listed as ???, which means we're in for a surprise. If Ninfia's type is going to be an existing type, then the designers at Game Freak would have created something that exaggerates a current type instead of making something ambiguous to a degree where some people are calling it a bug when it doesn't even look like one. Eeveelutions don't just have types, they are meant to fully represent the different types, so why would they make an Eeveelution that doesn't look like any existing type? Probably because the surprise is a new type.

Xerneas & Yveltal are also both listed as ??? types. Does that mean that they're both new types, as well?
Not to mention that, again, Eeveelutions don't have to EXAGGERATE anything. Flareon, aside from being red, doesn't resemble fire. Umbreon's black with rings. Glaceon's blue. Honestly, the representations are more often than not very subtle, with Vaporeon and Leafeon being the main exceptions.

Everything we've seen so far is pointing to a new type. People are just refusing to consider it because noobs have been baselessly speculating about a Light type since Generation 3 was announced. However, the speculation is no longer baseless; it really looks like we have a Light/Pure type on our hands.

No speculation has ever been baseless. In fact, people come up with "evidence" for a Light-type EVERY GEN. I've been a member of these forums about as long as you, so you have probably seen all the same stuff I've seen over the years.
I'm not saying it can't or won't happen. But your evidence is no better or worse than any other evidence that's ever been presented to the community.

Before you argue with some invalid point like "But Fighting types are already a counterpart to Dark", think to yourself, "Would Game Freak really choose to leave out an aesthetic improvement because of this reason, or am I nitpicking like a fanboy?" Pokémon is very heavily dependent upon aesthetics, and no one can deny that Ninfia doesn't look very much like any type we've seen before.

Arguably, it looks like lots of types we've seen before.
Good evidence has been presented for Flying.
Bug and Dragon are also not too far off-base.

Metabyte

IV Breeder
I'm still not getting why you people are so strongly convinced Ninfa is a Normal type, as it doesn't make sense. Eeveelutions are suppose to introduce a new type, not become Eevee with better status.

As for the starters, not all of them are NU at the moment hell, Emboar went into RU. The only ones in NU are Charizard,Magainium, Feraligator, Samurott, Serperior.

It's color scheme indicates normal to me. I would prefer a different type, but there is no denying that it looks like a LOT of other normal type pokemon

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
Personallay, I think that Ninfia will probably have Serene Grace as an ability. But, then again, Glace and Leaf both had gen IV abilities, so by logic it'll have a new ability. Don't spring up the fact all the other eeveeloution's abilities are gen III: they couldn't have gen I or gen II abilities, as they didn't exist!

Mr. Cuddles

i like trains
What else would they be intended for? You don't think Game Freak's decision to make a Pokémon evolve into eight different beings of different types was a conscious decision? Do you think the fact that they were all given a different, single-typed designation was by chance? I don't understand where you're coming from; its quite obvious that Eevee is a vehicle to represent the different types.

But when I look at Ninfia, the flying type doesn't jump out at me at all. Nor does the bug type. And I highly doubt there would be a Normal typed Eeveelution, as that would be a dull and uninspired design decision to say the least. I don't dismiss the possibility, however. But I still say that Light or some other new type is the most probable.

Given that Dark type is actually the "Evil" type in Japan, Light type would be "Purity" or something similar, as that is the logical opposite. Not actual light energy as the two of you may be imagining. That said, Purity would best be represented by gentle colors (not too bright, no clashing), delicate disposition, feminine or child-like qualities, and an overall welcoming, nonviolent stance. Similar to Chansey/Blissey and Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss. Probably a lot of pink, probably a predominance of hearts in many of the designs. Their moves wouldn't focus a lot on attacking, but rather securing defenses, healing, and strengthening teammates. Do you not agree that that is probably what Light types would probably look like? And does such a description not fit the new Ninfia better than any type we have already?

Look at the musketeers. They fight against the bad, the ''evil''. would they become light type as well? And look at Lucario and Zoroark. Zoroark creates illusions, but Lucario is able to sense it. Would he become light as well? There is already a pure type. It's called fighting.

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
I don't remember there ever being a case of the type been blanked out by three question marks upon reveal, and it does look rather 'pure', and even has glittery things around it on the picture, so we could have Light type given to us. But I do think it's a bit late to be unleashing new types on us, and someone did give a very good point that this new one does look like an Air Hostess and a kite, so I personally believe it's more likely to be Flying type. But I'm not ruling out Light type; this IS GameFreak.

Slightly unrelated, but does anybody know if this is the only reveal we'll be getting in Coro Coro, or are there more pages yet to come relating to X/Y?

Yveltal, Xerneas, all this gens starters(although they were obvious), as well as Zekrom and Reshiram last gen(with Reshiram being nominated as a 'light type' because it was so obvious and that had to be why they didn't reveal the types).

Honestly, I just don't see why we need a light type at all. Poison types need some help, but for some reason I doubt adding a type based around purity would do them much good, and actually may do them worse.

Also, I may have to agree with the 'evolution involves beauty' deal, given how his ribbons look similar to the prism scale.

stevencloser

It's color scheme indicates normal to me. I would prefer a different type, but there is no denying that it looks like a LOT of other normal type pokemon

It looks a lot like OTHER normal types, but not a bit like the normal type it evolves from, which is kinda paradoxical and makes me think it's not a normal type.

Metabyte

IV Breeder
It looks a lot like OTHER normal types, but not a bit like the normal type it evolves from, which is kinda paradoxical and makes me think it's not a normal type.

That is the one reason I can see to argue against normal type. I would say maybe its psychic if they didn't already have espeon.

rook09

Of science.
Yveltal, Xerneas, all this gens starters(although they were obvious), as well as Zekrom and Reshiram last gen(with Reshiram being nominated as a 'light type' because it was so obvious and that had to be why they didn't reveal the types).

Honestly, I just don't see why we need a light type at all. Poison types need some help, but for some reason I doubt adding a type based around purity would do them much good, and actually may do them worse.

But I'm meaning physically published an issue with a secret type, rather than just leaving it out. If it has happened, then do correct me, but I can't remember one off the top of my head.
I'm also not as such supporting Light type, but nor am I hating it. I don't see much point in adding it but if it is then I won't go out and protest or anything. I think it should by a Flying type, and the previous point about Fighting being 'pseudo-pure type' made lots of sense. I'm just a little baffled by why they didn't just reveal it or ignore the typing completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.