• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the kite idea, I really do. Ninfia does resemble a kite, not that I look at it.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
But I'm meaning physically published an issue with a secret type, rather than just leaving it out. If it has happened, then do correct me, but I can't remember one off the top of my head.
I'm also not as such supporting Light type, but nor am I hating it. I don't see much point in adding it but if it is then I won't go out and protest or anything. I think it should by a Flying type, and the previous point about Fighting being 'pseudo-pure type' made lots of sense. I'm just a little baffled by why they didn't just reveal it or ignore the typing completely.

Probably because they have nothing else to show us until next month and they want to keep the hype up by leaving its type a mystery.

adamfitz

poké-lover
I don't really care for types to be honest
I'm more about design
Can we move the subject?
If trued to do this afew times today, but it didn't work.

_______
Anyone got ideas on the regional pikachu?
I'd love to see a hamster with a hamster ball incorporated
Or a kangaroo mouse

TMNSquirtles

Seasoned veteran
The new Eeveelution leads me to believe it is actually a new type, probably a light type.

I used to be a skeptic with Pokemon adding anymore new types but some evidence had lead me to believe otherwise.

First. Only the starters' typing was revealed. We don't know the legendaries' types or Ninfia's type. They may be waiting to announce their types until after it is revealed that we have a light/sound type.
Second. If this was a Normal type Eeveelution I would think that it would resemble Eevee at least slightly in color scheme or bodily features like the collar. There is no similarity other than we can tell it has an Eeveelution body shape.
Third. I personally don't think it could be any other type but Normal because otherwise they did a poor job at representing that type. Flying should have some wings, steel some mechanics, and ghost something ghoulish about it.
Fourth. The scan with all the Eevveelutions has light glistening around Ninfia. And Umbreon looks pissed, but that's besides the point.
Fifth. Xerneas has light glistening from its antlers in the trailer. Also Yveltal is the only pokemon to make a sound.

To me the evidence is overwhelming. If anyone thinks otherwise or has something else to contribute let me know.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
A little gift for people who disagree with our 'light problem'.

The Pokemon types could just be put into the four elements and another 2 categories, yet they've decided to put in nearly triple this:

Fire

Fire
Dragon

Flying

Flying
Electric

Water

Water
Ice
Poison (Is usually classed as a liquid)

Earth

Ground
Steel
Grass
Rock
Bug

Occult

Psychic
Dark
Ghost

Basic

Normal
Fighting

WIll people stop puting down light type. You say that becaus eyour sick of it, ay? Maybe we're sick of you saying "it's flying, it's flying!". They coukd easily change moves to light type, as they changed curse from ??? to ghost, Karate Chop from normal to fighting, Bute from normal to dark and a few more.

I'm just glad the Eeveeloutions are in the dex, it itself gives the game quite a bit of variaton type wise :D

I'm more about design
Can we move the subject?

_______
Or a kangaroo mouse

I really like the hamster idea actually, that would be really cool.

gpt11

Im guessing its type will be revealed this sunday OR they will reveal the legendary types and then Ninfias next month

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
I bet Ninfia is a Flying-type, I can't really see another possibility.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Ninfia could also be taken from the word ニンブース (Ninbuusu) also known as Nimbus in English. I fully think, like I originally said, it's a flying type!

Daisymareep

Beware the cuteness
I'm more about design
Can we move the subject?

_______
Or a kangaroo mouse

I kinda would like them not have electric rodents like Gen 2. Maybe electric snake or echidna.

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
Regional rodent.... I've said it before, but I'm calling naked mole rat.

Yeah it'll never happen, but if it does... ^_^ Joy.

Daisymareep

Beware the cuteness
Status
Not open for further replies.