• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elshastara

KSSSSSST!
So about how long do we have before new information gets released?

ninijatt

Half, ninja, half cat, all attitude
Fun fact: Ash was originally going to start with Clefairy, but they changed it to Pikachu. Just something to consider.

Yes, Clefable was originally supposed to be the Mascot Pokemon. This is why people think that Gengar is a dead Clefable. As a result, I'm inclined to believe that was the original intention.

Judging by gen II and IV, they are doing two new eeveelutions every gen, one being weak to the other. So I say the next eeveelution is fighting, or maybe ghost for the sake of contrast. The fighting type eeveelution works if you believe that it is either FLY or NRM.

Nafia seems to be using a fire type move in that one game image...

I doubt it's fire, though. I mean, we can't determine everything from it's attacks. After all, it could just be a stat boosting move like Work Up.

There's that and the fact that we already have Flareon. I doubt they'd make a new Eeveelution that's a type that we already have for an Eeveelution, so Fire, Water, Electric, Psychic, Dark, Ice, and Grass can probably all be safely eliminated.

divinepanda

Lv. 100 Spinda
Well, logically speaking GF can choose to do anything at any point for the Pokemon games. It would be a TREMENDOUS amount of work however, making sure the type isn't to powerful and balanced, but they can still do it. Also, I can think of a good amount of Pokemon that could be Light type, more then just six.

I'm not saying its 100% set in stone that there will be, and chances are they might not, but with that logic they wouldn't implement anything new, ever.

I think now is a better time than any to introduce a new type with the 3DS being able to do DLC and patches. Patches can be use to balance out the new type if they overlook a detail and something is a little too strong.

There won't be new types. They could do that in gen II because there were only 152 other pokemon. If they did that now, there would be like 6 light types vs. 649 pokemon that aren't.
Light would have been a good idea in gen I or II. It's far too late now.
And Ninfia is normal type.

#1) You don't know that. It's not your series, it's GF's, and GF can make new types any time they want if they feel like it.
#2) Gen 1 had 151 Pokemon, not 152. When gen 1 came out they already had all of the Pokemon from the 2nd gen ready, so don't even try to argue that gen 1 had 152 because of either Ho-oh or Togepi. Originally the plan was only to go to the end of Johto, but their phenomenal ratings inspired them to keep going.
#3) You don't know what type Nanfia is, so don't announce it as if you do. We both know that neither of us knows what type it is for sure.

Colegoco

Striking Swampert
So about how long do we have before new information gets released?

Supposedly Pokemon Sunday will reveal something, but we all know how much information they usually give out (little to none).

Drohn

I was thinking of Skyla's hair when I saw Ninfia, but when I looked up Skyla I sw it was quite different, but since so many other people made the same connection there might be something there. Also, the tail sort of resembles the thing on Winona's hat. I still hope for the new light type, although I don't have much faith in it happening :(

DannyDark

I'm guessing... requires victini in party to evolve into Ninfia, then to get victini you have to buy DLC.
Rollin' in money.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Personally I see them as nothing more then a mere add on to the title name.

Yeah, I agree. I think that Ninfia will be the only new Eeveelution.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Is Ninfia the English name, too? And what type do you guys think Ninfia will be?

1) No it's not it's English name, that should be out in the next two days or so
2) Some say Flying, some say normal, some say light. Thats pretty much what the last 100 pages has been - arguing it's type.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Okay, just putting this here before someone else does and derails any discussion that's going on. On Tumblr earlier, I saw this post appear on my dashboard several times, each response with various degrees of incredulity. It basically says that Ninfia is a Light type, and the light type completes a trinity with Dragon and Steel. It also says that this information was pulled from the source code of the Pokemon X and Y website.

I'm going to call bullsh*t on this now, not because of Light type speculation (which I think is extremely unlikely but hardly the point of this discussion), but because they're introducing it to be strong against the steel type and weak to dragon. Neither of those types need a buffer like that. If they wanted to do things with the type chart, steel and dragon are like the last types they'll be dealing with.

Also, the post says that several Fairy egg group pokemon, including Clefairy, Chansey and Audino will be gaining the Light type. Okay, I'm putting you in an octagon because you have got to STOP. Retroactively adding a steel type to one evolutionary line one generation later is one thing, adding a type to several evolutionary lines, several generations later is crazy. It would totally dismantle the established balance, and I guarantee that the people who follow the metagame will be complaining to no end if Blissey gains a dragon weakness. Like, seriously. If there's going to be a light type (and I don't think there is, but again, not the point), then maybe one or two lines from before will get it. Maybe.

And then of course there's the fact that there's no official source for this, just someone claiming to have pulled it from the coding on a website. Keep in mind that the info we have on Ninfia comes from Corocoro and not a website. Also, if it was legit, Serebii would have caught wind by now, and we'd all know.

So please, if someone else finds this, please know that it's not to be taken seriously.

Last edited:

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Is Ninfia the English name, too?

No. The English name will probably be revealed on Friday when Corocoro is released properly.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Is Ninfia the English name, too? And what type do you guys think Ninfia will be?

'Nympheon' is the most probable name.
As for the type speculation, you might want to read 30-40 pages of this thread. That is the topic since yesterday.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
...O...kay. You guys move extremely fast. There's already a 40-page difference from when I last logged in eight hours back. Hot topics are hot, no?

But seriously, Ninfia has got to be the most ambiguous (and girliest) pokemon they've introduced so far...Xerneas was confusing enough, but now I'm getting slightly more suspicious that Game Freak's got something hidden away from us, with Ninfia.

Like what someone posted earlier, Eeveelutions are supposed to be embodiments of the type they evolve into. You can readily tell what types Leafeon and Flareon are just by looking at them, but Ninfia is, outside of Normal Type, making us grab at straws yet again about typing. Again, a little suspicious.

Flying seems very likely, but I honestly hope it isn't due to the fact it was one of those reveals Ultimacanti asserted was right ( a ''well-known liar'' on Gamefaqs whose rumor found its way in this Section's rumors/fake scans page). Keep in mind this is the same guy who asserted Serperior was named ''Arbordos'' before BW 's English release...

Colegoco

Striking Swampert
Okay, just putting this here before someone else does and derails any discussion that's going on. On Tumblr earlier, I saw this post appear on my dashboard several times, each response with various degrees of incredulity. It basically says that Ninfia is a Light type, and the light type completes a trinity with Dragon and Steel. It also says that this information was pulled from the source code of the Pokemon X and Y website.

I'm going to call bullsh*t on this now, not because of Light type speculation (which I think is extremely unlikely but hardly the point of this discussion), but because they're introducing it to be strong against the steel type and weak to dragon. Neither of those types need a buffer like that. If they wanted to do things with the type chart, steel and dragon are like the last types they'll be dealing with.

Also, the post says that several Fairy egg group pokemon, including Clefairy, Chansey and Audino will be gaining the Light type. Okay, I'm putting you in an octagon because you have got to STOP. Retroactively adding a steel type to one evolutionary line one generation later is one thing, adding a type to several evolutionary lines, several generations later is crazy. It would totally dismantle the established balance, and I guarantee that the people who follow the metagame will be *****ing to no end if Blissey gains a dragon weakness. Like, seriously. If there's going to be a light type (and I don't think there is, but again, not the point), then maybe one or two lines from before will get it. Maybe.

And then of course there's the fact that there's no official source for this, just someone claiming to have pulled it from the coding on a website. Keep in mind that the info we have on Ninfia comes from Corocoro and not a website. Also, if it was legit, Serebii would have caught wind by now, and we'd all know.

So please, if someone else finds this, please know that it's not to be taken seriously.

IF they pull the code for me I'd be happy to listen, otherwise, it's total crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.