• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

sparkedglory

i know it kind of gets old but whatever lol
and i'm also fairly confident in Ninfia being a flying type as well it seems highly likely
but i am still crossing my fingers there is one more eeveelution and it is bug

People always want to over speculate. It does get old.

A bug eeveeloution?...for some reason I'd imagine that it would look a lot like leafeon.

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
That's not too much of an issue for me, the same thing happened with Magnemite and they fixed it by making it part Electric, Part Steel.

Same could be done with other Pokémon such as Whishmur line, Meloetta, Kriketot, Chingling line, heck, even the Igglybuff line.

Well, yeah, but if they do that, I can certainly see the Whismur line being pure sound. Maybe it would make it a little bit better to use, even.
But, the only "thing" about the sound type is that, when they added steel and dark type it was a lot easier to work with them, because it was all only Gen II. If they really add ANY new types, they would have to carefully study the entire Pokédex and see pokémon that would fit into these types. I'm not saying that they wouldn't do that, but it certainly would be a lot of work.
Also, talking double/triple battles, the sound moves would work kinda like earthquake and surf, where they would hit everyone, even your partner. Unless they have soundproof, of course. That would certainly be interesting, but I'm not sure about how likely that is...

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
If Dark is translated as "Evil" in Japan, could Light be translated as "Holy??"

I mean, it worked Digimon so why not Pokemon?? If I have my way, Ninfia is going to be Holy-type. Its English counterpart, Nympheon, will be Light-type. ;)

Holy or Saint could really do just fine in Japan.

Or is Ninfia not the English translation?

Don't worry, it's not. We sohuld have our English name on the 15th when CoroCoro officially comes out.

Yeah, it's just a matter of creativity (And open-mindedness lol).

Also, I believe the rumour was the 'Light' type was actually called 'Saint' type in Japan so that would fit your thought process.

I've been open to the idea of new type for awhile. I'll accept whatever GF gives us. I accept Vanilluxe and Garbodor as pokemon on not what their based off of. So really, unless they totally mess of Fennekin's final form I'll be accepting to anything new we get. Even types. Also as I said above, Holy or Saint could do just fine.

Yveltal96

A little more human
People always want to over speculate. It does get old.

A bug eeveeloution?...for some reason I'd imagine that it would look a lot like leafeon.

a bug eeveelution i think would be cool would be one looking similar to a dragonfly or a bee
since it isn't forbidden to post fan art to support my thesis here you are bug eeveelution.jpg

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
The pic is real(of course), but the info is fake. This has already been posted an discussed just look back 10-20 pages :)

Absol_utely

Cool Trainer
Eh... Sound is not a sense, it is a type of energy-carrying wave. That's like saying this much-speculated 'Light' type is the same as Vision or Sight or some poop!

Also, Sound fans: don't forget Chatot:)

Yveltal96

A little more human
Must. Resist. Urge to make song reference.

I can't wait 'till all these new type theories go away. It gets more annoying every generation.

yeah i mean Reshiram i can kind of understand why people thought he was light type
but it still gets ridiculous Ninfia doesn't even look like a light or sound type

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
Eh... Sound is not a sense, it is a type of energy-carrying wave. That's like saying this much-speculated 'Light' type is the same as Vision or Sight or some poop!

Also, Sound fans: don't forget Chatot:)

Always forget it even exists, my bad lol.

Ah, my beloved Chingling line, adding a sound type to it would bring a whole new dimension to its uses, the idea really exites me.

Yveltal96

A little more human
That's not bad actually. Though Idk if it would need the wings. That's just me though.
i wasn't too sure about the wings either but going with eeveelutions usually being momo typed, it doesn't have to be part flying but i guess it would look weird without the wings

How is a Light or Sound typed Pokemon supposed to look like?
like whismur....not ninfia

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I can't wait 'till all these new type theories go away. It gets more annoying every generation.
I agree with you. Ever since Dark was introduced people keep hopping for GF to put in Light. An once Gen 6 is released and turns out no new types, or if by chance they do introduce a new type or two and it's not Light people are just going to speculate it for the next generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.