• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yveltal96

A little more human
I'll laugh if it is Fighting type :)
Although I'm sticking more towards Ninfia being a Flying-type, as well being a female evolution having a male evolution counter part. An I'm not saying that just because it sort of resembles Skyla.

if that thing is fighting type i will be peeing myself while rolling around laughing cause that would be the girliest fighting type i have ever seen
i mean virizion was feminine but that thing. fighting. that's funny

Absol_utely

Cool Trainer
What new type altogether, without any retro-action on previous gen's Pokémon, could be introduced in X and Y? Many have suggested something in the vein of genetics...
One mentioned a Rainbow typing? Possibly not the best choice of a name but this idea could fit with Ninfia as well as Xerneas and his bejewelled antlers!

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Wow, log off for two hours and the thread explodes.

So then, about this sound type...no. Where did people get this idea from? You would think that after 14 years or so of the franchise, if they were to add something like light or sound, they would have done so by now. Why add more now? We already have 17 types, why the heck add more?

Icepath

Moltres and Ho-oh, ah.

Maybe we could get a non-legendary pheonix? With a counter-part Griffon?

Gypsi_

if that thing is fighting type i will be peeing myself while rolling around laughing cause that would be the girliest fighting type i have ever seen

Meinshao looks girly & it's a Fighting type.
[EDIT] A well-designed, elegant Fighting type I may add.

Last edited:

johno1995

If the theory about Ninfia being based on X/X chromosomes, then Ninfia having two ribbons - one on the ear, the other on its neck - makes sense as a design choice since they are similarly shaped to the letter 'X'. It'd be cool if there were a 'Y' Eeveelution to go along with it. This would be a good way to introduce a new evolution method - Eevee must be a certain gender and have some other requirement to evolve. I am starting to doubt a pair of Eevee's, because I feel like they would like to debut two new Eevee's in the new movie short instead of just debuting one of the two.

I'd love Ninfia to be a Flying-type female-only Eeveelution with a Ground-type male-only counterpart... Representing the Heavens (Sky) & the Earth as well as their respective gender-exclusive evolutions. I read this around the net somewhere and thought it was an intriguing idea, and it would relate to the X & Y theme the game's got going on.

And while I doubt Ninfia is a Fighting-type, what exactly is wrong with a "girly" fighting-type? Girls can't fight? :/

~~

Other than Ninfia, I'm excited to see the regional Bug-types... Hopefully they make some interesting ones (*cough* Bug/Ice type please :3) like they did with Gen V, the handling of the Bug-types in Unova was something I think Black & White did really well because I think every Bug-type to come out of the last Gen was interesting and at least usable in its own way.

sparkedglory

What new type altogether, without any retro-action on previous gen's Pokémon, could be introduced in X and Y? Many have suggested something in the vein of genetics...
One mentioned a Rainbow typing? Possibly not the best choice of a name but this idea could fit with Ninfia as well as Xerneas and his bejewelled antlers!

The closest thing to a rainbow Type would be Arceus with all those plates. :p

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.

Not really funny. Ninfia could distract you with it's cuteness, and then defeat you while your guard is down. I could even see the Pokédex entry being something like that!

But that's not going to happen, I think. Pretty sure it will be flying...

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer

Fazzer

So then, about this sound type...no. Where did people get this idea from? You would think that after 14 years or so of the franchise, if they were to add something like light or sound, they would have done so by now. Why add more now? We already have 17 types, why the heck add more?

Sound, Light/Holy and errr.... something else to round up the types to 20

Icepath

If the theory about Ninfia being based on X/X chromosomes, then Ninfia having two ribbons - one on the ear, the other on its neck - makes sense as a design choice since they are similarly shaped to the letter 'X'. It'd be cool if there were a 'Y' Eeveelution to go along with it. This would be a good way to introduce a new evolution method - Eevee must be a certain gender and have some other requirement to evolve. I am starting to doubt a pair of Eevee's, because I feel like they would like to debut two new Eevee's in the new movie short instead of just debuting one of the two.

I'd love Ninfia to be a Flying-type female-only Eeveelution with a Ground-type male-only counterpart... Representing the Heavens (Sky) & the Earth as well as their respective gender-exclusive evolutions. I read this around the net somewhere and thought it was an intriguing idea, and it would relate to the X & Y theme the game's got going on.

And while I doubt Ninfia is a Fighting-type, what exactly is wrong with a "girly" fighting-type? Girls can't fight? :/

~~

Other than Ninfia, I'm excited to see the regional Bug-types... Hopefully they make some interesting ones (*cough* Bug/Ice type please :3) like they did with Gen V, the handling of the Bug-types in Unova was something I think Black & White did really well because I think every Bug-type to come out of the last Gen was interesting and at least usable in its own way.
That first thing makes a lot of sense, now that I think about it

/goes off to make fan-art

HetaOni

Chesaught

Looks like this thread is *Puts on sunglasses* full of General Nonsense.
AWWWWW YEAH.

I would absolutely love a Griffon. I was hoping for one in Gen V.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Meinshao looks girly & it's a Fighting type.
[EDIT] A well-designed, elegant Fighting type I may add.

i don't think mienshao is girly it's one of my fav fighting types
his fighting style is reflective of praying mantis style
but what style would Ninfia use? cute adorable ribbon slap style?

Status
Not open for further replies.