1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yveltal96

Yveltal96 A little more human

if that thing is fighting type i will be peeing myself while rolling around laughing cause that would be the girliest fighting type i have ever seen
    i mean virizion was feminine but that thing. fighting. that's funny

2. Dragalge

Dragalge Leaked footage

Fail to see how it's funny, any Pokemon can do weird stuff like that. Diglett and Aerial Ace?

3. Absol_utely

Absol_utely Cool Trainer

What new type altogether, without any retro-action on previous gen's Pokémon, could be introduced in X and Y? Many have suggested something in the vein of genetics...
    One mentioned a Rainbow typing? Possibly not the best choice of a name but this idea could fit with Ninfia as well as Xerneas and his bejewelled antlers!

4. General Nonsense

General Nonsense Star Glider

Wow, log off for two hours and the thread explodes.

So then, about this sound type...no. Where did people get this idea from? You would think that after 14 years or so of the franchise, if they were to add something like light or sound, they would have done so by now. Why add more now? We already have 17 types, why the heck add more?

5. Icepath

Icepath Well-Known Member

Moltres and Ho-oh, ah.

Maybe we could get a non-legendary pheonix? With a counter-part Griffon?

6. Yveltal96

having coverage moves is a different story
    but a fighting pokemon that girly is a riot lol

7. Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama Fancy footwork

Exactly. Pokemon is basically just a combination of weird things. But, I like em'.

8. Gypsi_

Gypsi_ Well-Known Member

Meinshao looks girly & it's a Fighting type.
    [EDIT] A well-designed, elegant Fighting type I may add.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  9. johno1995

johno1995 Well-Known Member

If the theory about Ninfia being based on X/X chromosomes, then Ninfia having two ribbons - one on the ear, the other on its neck - makes sense as a design choice since they are similarly shaped to the letter 'X'. It'd be cool if there were a 'Y' Eeveelution to go along with it. This would be a good way to introduce a new evolution method - Eevee must be a certain gender and have some other requirement to evolve. I am starting to doubt a pair of Eevee's, because I feel like they would like to debut two new Eevee's in the new movie short instead of just debuting one of the two.

I'd love Ninfia to be a Flying-type female-only Eeveelution with a Ground-type male-only counterpart... Representing the Heavens (Sky) & the Earth as well as their respective gender-exclusive evolutions. I read this around the net somewhere and thought it was an intriguing idea, and it would relate to the X & Y theme the game's got going on.

And while I doubt Ninfia is a Fighting-type, what exactly is wrong with a "girly" fighting-type? Girls can't fight? :/

~~

Other than Ninfia, I'm excited to see the regional Bug-types... Hopefully they make some interesting ones (*cough* Bug/Ice type please :3) like they did with Gen V, the handling of the Bug-types in Unova was something I think Black & White did really well because I think every Bug-type to come out of the last Gen was interesting and at least usable in its own way.

10. sparkedglory

sparkedglory Well-Known Member

The closest thing to a rainbow Type would be Arceus with all those plates. :p

11. Raguna

Raguna Magikarp. The best.

Not really funny. Ninfia could distract you with it's cuteness, and then defeat you while your guard is down. I could even see the Pokédex entry being something like that!

But that's not going to happen, I think. Pretty sure it will be flying...

12. Dragalge

Dragalge Leaked footage

You do realize that despite the feminine look, Male Ninfia can still potentially exist right?

13. BunniBear4

BunniBear4 Pokémon Trainer

This is exactly how I feel on the matter. No matter what type Ninfia becomes, I plan to use it.

14. Fazzer

Fazzer Active Member

Sound, Light/Holy and errr.... something else to round up the types to 20

15. Gypsi_

Gypsi_ Well-Known Member

Agreed. Glaceon looks like it'd only be feminine but it's not.

Space? Nuclear?

16. Icepath

Icepath Well-Known Member

That first thing makes a lot of sense, now that I think about it

/goes off to make fan-art

17. HetaOni

HetaOni Chesaught

Looks like this thread is *Puts on sunglasses* full of General Nonsense.
    AWWWWW YEAH.

I would absolutely love a Griffon. I was hoping for one in Gen V.

18. Yveltal96

i don't think mienshao is girly it's one of my fav fighting types
    his fighting style is reflective of praying mantis style
    but what style would Ninfia use? cute adorable ribbon slap style?

19. sparkedglory

sparkedglory Well-Known Member

Well we can have female mr mimes. So it all works out.

20. Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama Fancy footwork

That English name messes people up. Its Japanese name has nothing to do with gender.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.