• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
I did a Google search as well and nothing came up

IDK much Japanese, but I know enough to say that's wrong. Nimbus in Japanese would be more like ninbuusu (or something along those lines). IDK what ninfuubu could mean.

Thanks for the confirmation guys; that was the direction I was leaning in but just wanted to make sure.

Anyhoo, something that hasn't been talked about. Every eeveelution ever created has the same base stat total, and with that being said, has the numbers 130-110-95-65-65-60 as the base stats, though which stat they are in has been different for every eeveelution. So then, assuming that this trend of numbers continues, what do you think Ninfia's base stats will look like? If I had to take a guess, I'd say that the two highest would be attack and speed.

Yeah I would think Speed and one of Attack or SpA would be its highest stats. Being light and with that sleek design, I would think it would be quite agile. I'm not sure on whether Attack or Special Attack would be the next highest as both seem as probable as the other, I think.

Never was a big fan of pre-evo's but I think a Maractus pre-evo would be cute ^.^
Seviper & Zangoose could benefit from pre-evo's too I think. Maybe a pre-evo for Sawk & Throh that split evos into one of the two?

I'm not too sure how Seviper and Zangoose would benefit from pre-evos though? In what ways would they be beneficial, apart from probably being cute? Evolutions of Zangoose and Seviper, though, would be interesting.

johno1995

I'm not too sure how Seviper and Zangoose would benefit from pre-evos though? In what ways would they be beneficial, apart from probably being cute? Evolutions of Zangoose and Seviper, though, would be interesting.

"Beneficial" was poor word choice on my part. I agree with you, I'd much prefer evolutions. What I meant to say is, I think if any Pokemon could use a pre-evolution - I've never really seen their purpose to be honest - baby Zangoose and Seviper would be interesting to explore that rivalry a bit more.

Gypsi_

Poison/Dark type with Levitate coming your way.

Calling it now.

That sounds beautiful tbh. A dirty fighting warrior who has poison sharp jabbers. (who also has the power to levitate lol) Thats sounds like it could be a great Lucario/Zoroark for this generation.

there are some people who REALLY need it though especially maractus and emolga and illumise,volbeat, mr. mime, and jynx could all use an upgrade
I completely agree with all of those, except i'm not really sure about Emolga. If they can maintain it's cuteness, then I suppose I wouldn't mind. Although there's always the option of not letting it evolve.

Absol_utely

Cool Trainer
I'd like to see Gen 6 introduce more pre-evolutions or more evolutions to pokemon that already exist. I would especially like to see some pokemon that don't even have an evolution yet actually get get one this generation around. I really don't want to see another Gen five were pokemon look like evolutions/pre-evolutions of previous pokemon but turns out they aren't :p

^Ditto.
(No pun intended)

Damn you Alomomola!

Kitten Paws

i don't think mienshao is girly it's one of my fav fighting types
his fighting style is reflective of praying mantis style
but what style would Ninfia use? cute adorable ribbon slap style?

Mienshao is my only favorite fighting type and that's because it looks so girly *to me I think*

When I think of pure fighting types, I think of something bulky with lots of muscles: Like Machop line, Makuhita line, Timburr line....
Mienshao is pretty thin and looks fragile to me. It doesn't even fit in with the other smaller fighting types like Sawk, Hitmonchan/lee

Also, Mienshao's arms make me think of a kimono and when I think of kimono, I think female....

Lastly, it looks like Mienshao is wearing eye shadow. It seems weird to think of Mienshao as a male. I even go out of my way to release any male Mienfoo I breed because having a male Mienshao just feels wrong

Just my two cents thought. I personally feel Ninfia would be a flying type. The way her ribbons flow in the wind just scream flying to me. Or Dragon as someone earlier said.

Fazzer

I completely agree with all of those, except i'm not really sure about Emolga. If they can maintain it's cuteness, then I suppose I wouldn't mind. Although there's always the option of not letting it evolve.

If Emolga does get an Evolution it must be able to learn Fly

Icepath

Meinshoa isn't necessarily girly, but it's not too buff and manly either.

I say it's in between. It's not as guy-like as Machop, but it's not girly like Clefairy.

Floette

Fennekin
I love Ninfia's design regardless of the type :) I'm hoping its not normal. Well, normal type might be fine. It looks so... PURE. Maybe that light type speculation wasn't too far off the mark ... as much as I hate to say it :p

Meinshoa isn't necessarily girly, but it's not too buff and manly either.

I say it's in between. It's not as guy-like as Machop, but it's not girly like Clefairy.

There's no such thing as girly. Clefairy is definitely not the kind of "girly" you think of. Pink means nothing.

Ryan7437

Banned
Why does everyone think there will be new prevos?

Gypsi_

Why does everyone think there will be new prevos?

Why wouldn't there be? Just because generation 5 didn't have any doesn't mean generation won't. Generation 5 was just like a refresh. Gen 6 should be like every other generation.

Fazzer

Absol_utely

Cool Trainer
Alomomola and Luvdisc have no relationship origin wise.

Plus think of the stat difference.

I know, same for Bouffalant etc. but I remember seeing a handful of gen V pokémon early on before we were aware of stats or English names and immediately presuming their relations to previous ones, as many others did. I suppose it's that ol' argument rearing its head of "Are GF running out of designs?"

johno1995

Pinsir evo (Bug/Dark)
Mr. Mime evo (Psychic)
Jynx evo (Psychic/Ice)
Lanturn evolution - more like a dolphin? (Water/Electric)
Corsola evolution (Water/Rock)
Zangoose pre-evo (Normal)
Zangoose evo (Normal/Dark)
Seviper pre-evo (Poison)
Seviper evo (Poison/Dark or -- more unlikely -- Poison/Dragon)
Chimecho evo (Psychic/Ghost)
Male Combee Evolution, Queen Bee Protector (Bug/Fighting w/ Levitate?)
Swoobat evo (Psychic/Flying)
Maractus pre-evo (Grass)
Maractus evo (Grass/Ground)
Druddigon pre-evo (Dragon)

^^My ideal previous Generation evos/pre-evos. *shrug*

Ryan7437

Banned
That was very puny

Status
Not open for further replies.