1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I want a panda pokemon. I don't remember us having one.

Other than they egt got all the myths covered to, maybe except for the loch ness monster

2. johno1995

johno1995 Well-Known Member

Grass/Fighting panda using bamboo sticks to fight, plz :3

3. Icepath

Icepath Well-Known Member

Snorlax could some-what be considered a Panda

Not the Panda you're looking for, though, right?

4. stevencloser

stevencloser Well-Known Member

Of course they want to keep hype. But. This only works because Ninfia is not obviously any type we know of. There wouldn't be any hype if they had done the same for Leafeon.

5. Dragalge

Dragalge Leaked footage

Isn't Spinda sort of like one?

6. I completely forgot about those two :eek:
    Nobody is certain yet. We're all just speculating right now.

7. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

It is, actually, but I wouldn't mind seeing something that looks more like an IRL panda.

8. Dragalge

Dragalge Leaked footage

If the mention of Plusle/Minun evolving then logically no, considering the regional electric rodents usually don't undergo a change like that.

9. johno1995

johno1995 Well-Known Member

I always had this weird idea of Pachirisu and Emolga getting evolutions based off of superheroes (an Electric/Fighting Pachirisu evolution) vs. supervillains (an Electric/Flying Emolga evolution, the dark wings serving as a long cape and maybe a dark mask and a mischievous looking expression). Doubt it'd happen though.

And then Plusle & Minun getting multiplication & dividing-themed evolutions, of course lol.

They should stay unevolved just to keep the theme of them not evolving, but it'd be a cool concept to see...

10. dirkac

dirkac I smash your Boxes.

Lochnness monster is Lapras, it was orginally valled Nessy or something like thT anyway >_>

11. Zyon

Zyon NUM NUM NUM

That's why I'm sticking by a male/female eeveelution this time around.
    Just have to wait for more info to be released :)

12. Yveltal96

Yveltal96 A little more human

spinda was a panda
    but i know what you mean they need a fighting panda and a grass'fighting one

13. Raguna

Raguna Magikarp. The best.

I guess. But that doesn't mean that they can't throw a "spin" on types we know and are confortable with. I mean, how do you make a mammal look like a flying type? An Evee with wings certainly wouldn't be inspired. And also, the design of Ninfia reminds me greatly of Shaymin sky forme, which is another Pokémon that took a mammal approach into flying. Also, yeah, bats are mammal flying creatures, but that's besides the point!

14. Gypsi_

Gypsi_ Well-Known Member

I'd like a koala pokemon and the typing being Grass/Psychic.

15. Fazzer

Fazzer Active Member

Did you just counter your own statement?

16. ShiningKnightXY

ShiningKnightXY <----Newest Shiny

Im surprised no one has suggested this yet. What if Ninfia is made from a Dawn Stone? We know that only male Kirlia and female Snorunt are affected by the Dawn Stone so far. What if both eevee genders get their own evolution from a Dawn Stone?

17. AmericanDreamer

AmericanDreamer Well-Known Member

Spine a is a red panda though, unless I'm quite mistaken. Not quite the same. Snorlax is properly based on a panda I believe. Although it only vaguely looks like one. A proper panda, especially a grass/fighting one that uses bamboo stick weapons, would be awesome.

Another possibility is that Spinda, a red panda, could evolve into a proper red and white panda.

Again, I could be wrong, but I don't think that a new evolution to an old pokemon has ever appeared before that evolved using a method that was available before. It messes up continuity. Otherwise,why couldn't you evolve it before.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  18. Raguna

Raguna Magikarp. The best.

No. I just said that bats exist, but that wouldn't fit at all with Evee. I mean, we have bat pokémon already, don't we? And, just putting a wing on a normal looking eveelution would be hardly what I would call inspired. And good luck making a cat creature look like a bat.

19. Yveltal96

Yveltal96 A little more human

i doubt this will happen because everytime an eeveelution is introduced, a new method of evolution is brought with it

20. GoldCyndaquil

GoldCyndaquil Shiny Hunter

Well, then why couldn't I get a Ninfia in Gen 4 when the Dawn Stone was introduced? I could've had a female Eevee then. Sorry, but that's too simple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.