• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a panda pokemon. I don't remember us having one.

Other than they egt got all the myths covered to, maybe except for the loch ness monster

johno1995

Grass/Fighting panda using bamboo sticks to fight, plz :3

Icepath

Snorlax could some-what be considered a Panda

Not the Panda you're looking for, though, right?

stevencloser

About the "WHAT TYPE" thing, of course they would do that. It's a little too early to reveal stuff for the game, but they don't want our hype to die. So they throw us a little bait, so we can continue to speculate, continuing that way the hype for the game. It's a merchandising strategy, not a proof that the possible eveelutions will be of the supposed new types.
I will stand by flying type for Ninfia until GF proves me wrong. Which, knowing my luck, is bound to happen.

Of course they want to keep hype. But. This only works because Ninfia is not obviously any type we know of. There wouldn't be any hype if they had done the same for Leafeon.

johno1995

I always had this weird idea of Pachirisu and Emolga getting evolutions based off of superheroes (an Electric/Fighting Pachirisu evolution) vs. supervillains (an Electric/Flying Emolga evolution, the dark wings serving as a long cape and maybe a dark mask and a mischievous looking expression). Doubt it'd happen though.

And then Plusle & Minun getting multiplication & dividing-themed evolutions, of course lol.

They should stay unevolved just to keep the theme of them not evolving, but it'd be a cool concept to see...

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I still think there will be another Eeveelution, because of the reasons someone posted before. I guess we just wait and see.
That's why I'm sticking by a male/female eeveelution this time around.
Just have to wait for more info to be released :)

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
Of course they want to keep hype. But. This only works because Ninfia is not obviously any type we know of. There wouldn't be any hype if they had done the same for Leafeon.

I guess. But that doesn't mean that they can't throw a "spin" on types we know and are confortable with. I mean, how do you make a mammal look like a flying type? An Evee with wings certainly wouldn't be inspired. And also, the design of Ninfia reminds me greatly of Shaymin sky forme, which is another Pokémon that took a mammal approach into flying. Also, yeah, bats are mammal flying creatures, but that's besides the point!

Fazzer

I guess. But that doesn't mean that they can't throw a "spin" on types we know and are confortable with. I mean, how do you make a mammal look like a flying type? An Evee with wings certainly wouldn't be inspired. And also, the design of Ninfia reminds me greatly of Shaymin sky forme, which is another Pokémon that took a mammal approach into flying. Also, yeah, bats are mammal flying creatures, but that's besides the point!

Did you just counter your own statement?

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Im surprised no one has suggested this yet. What if Ninfia is made from a Dawn Stone? We know that only male Kirlia and female Snorunt are affected by the Dawn Stone so far. What if both eevee genders get their own evolution from a Dawn Stone?

AmericanDreamer

Spine a is a red panda though, unless I'm quite mistaken. Not quite the same. Snorlax is properly based on a panda I believe. Although it only vaguely looks like one. A proper panda, especially a grass/fighting one that uses bamboo stick weapons, would be awesome.

Another possibility is that Spinda, a red panda, could evolve into a proper red and white panda.

Im surprised no one has suggested this yet. What if Ninfia is made from a Dawn Stone? We know that only male Kirlia and female Snorunt are affected by the Dawn Stone so far. What if both eevee genders get their own evolution from a Dawn Stone?

Again, I could be wrong, but I don't think that a new evolution to an old pokemon has ever appeared before that evolved using a method that was available before. It messes up continuity. Otherwise,why couldn't you evolve it before.

Last edited:

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
Did you just counter your own statement?

No. I just said that bats exist, but that wouldn't fit at all with Evee. I mean, we have bat pokémon already, don't we? And, just putting a wing on a normal looking eveelution would be hardly what I would call inspired. And good luck making a cat creature look like a bat.

Yveltal96

A little more human

i doubt this will happen because everytime an eeveelution is introduced, a new method of evolution is brought with it

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter

Well, then why couldn't I get a Ninfia in Gen 4 when the Dawn Stone was introduced? I could've had a female Eevee then. Sorry, but that's too simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.