• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
inb4 Ninfia evolves with an event only item.

Kitten Paws

Im surprised no one has suggested this yet. What if Ninfia is made from a Dawn Stone? We know that only male Kirlia and female Snorunt are affected by the Dawn Stone so far. What if both eevee genders get their own evolution from a Dawn Stone?

That's pretty funny because I was thinking this same thing. But I found it unlikely Eevee would have gender based evos. (although with X and Y having the DNA symbol in the logo, I guess no one knows :3)

Fazzer

No. I just said that bats exist, but that wouldn't fit at all with Evee. I mean, we have bat pokémon already, don't we? And, just putting a wing on a normal looking eveelution would be hardly what I would call inspired. And good luck making a cat creature look like a bat.

A Flying type Eeveelution doesn't need "wings" It could be similar to Emolga with the whole gliding cloak thing...

jwla

A Dragon/Rock type evolution would be a bad idea considering it's weakness' would double

It would have weakness to Ice- and Dragon-types, as usual. Then it would gain weaknesses to Fighting-. Steel- and Ground-types. I don't think that would be too bad, as none of the weaknesses are quadrupled. As the "Cave Pokémon" I always thought Druddigon would do well as a part Rock-type.

Rhyvir

Eeveelutions!
I was thinking Ninfia would evolve by level up with an item, like a Prism Scale (although I doubt that's the item).

Yveltal96

A little more human
It would have weakness to Ice- and Dragon-types, as usual. Then it would gain weaknesses to Fighting-. Steel- and Ground-types. I don't think that would be too bad, as none of the weaknesses are quadrupled. As the "Cave Pokémon" I always thought Druddigon would do well as a part Rock-type.

that sounds cool lol druddigon should evolve into part rock

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
A Flying type Eeveelution doesn't need "wings" It could be similar to Emolga with the whole gliding cloak thing...

Or it could be like Shaymin, where it has large ears that can carry it, using the wind that it would be able to manipulate, which brings us back to, Ninfia could be a flying type. The laces could be even used to control the wind, somehow. It's just a theory, of course, but it's the one I'm supporting, given the information given to us at the moment.

And, also, I really hope you can get this new Eveelution in normal play. Seriously, I would love if they kept the shenanigans to a minimun with the Eveelutions. No trading/event stuff on eveelutions, please...

General Nonsense

Star Glider

Who said a pokemon needed that to fly? If Ninfia takes the 'wind elemental' route that I think it might, does a wind elemental need wings or a glider? Not necessarily.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi

Really, not even a gliding cloak thing is necessary; it could be a Flying-type which can manipulate/control the wind and air, a result of Eevee adapting to, for example, an area of extreme weather or something.

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
Really, not even a gliding cloak thing is necessary; it could be a Flying-type which can manipulate/control the wind and air, a result of Eevee adapting to, for example, an area of extreme weather or something.

Exactamundo.
I'm quite sure the flying type doesn't necesarily need to be a bird or have wings.

I always thought of Eevee as one of those handbag sized dogs.

Haha. How cute<3

Fazzer

Who said a pokemon needed that to fly? If Ninfia takes the 'wind elemental' route that I think it might, does a wind elemental need wings or a glider? Not necessarily.

Thats basically what I said "...doesn't need "wings" It could be..." I was just making a point that if GF wanted an Eeveelution to actually look like a Flying type it doesn't particularly need wings in its design...

....I'm really tired right now, it's 4:26am

Kitten Paws

Well, then why couldn't I get a Ninfia in Gen 4 when the Dawn Stone was introduced? I could've had a female Eevee then. Sorry, but that's too simple.

Why couldn't you get a Lickilicky before gen 4 if you taught your Lickitung Rollout? It was possible for Lickitung to learn Rollout before gen 4.... You can't shut down this person's theory.

Absol_utely

Cool Trainer
I can see Ninfia's ribbons gracefully blowing in the wind and it's bow-tie spinning around like Krusty the clown!
It would be awesome if it was more 'wind element' than just 'able to fly' Flying type.
The idea of Pokéfusions still intrigues me for X and Y. Or possibly an addition to the breeding mechanic?

Yveltal96

A little more human
Thats basically what I said "...doesn't need "wings" It could be..." I was just making a point that if GF wanted an Eeveelution to actually look like a Flying type it doesn't particularly need wings in its design...

where do u live it's 8:27 PM where i am?
and i agree with you just cause it doesn't have wings doesn't mean it isn't flying type

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
Exactamundo.
I'm quite sure the flying type doesn't necesarily need to be a bird or have wings.

That's what I was talking about. They can easily make an flying type eveelution that's very creative. They all don't need to be as straight forward as Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon and Leafeon.

General Nonsense

Star Glider

Yes, but you also then said that it could be a glider instead. I'm trying to make the point that it doesn't necessarily need either.

Status
Not open for further replies.