• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overkill™

Snowflake!
I;m still wondering about new ice pokemons. Will There come new ice pokemon that make it to the OU tier? Will some old ones make it too OU, or will some loose their glory?

As an overall ice monotype-tier fighter, I'm really interested what this gen brings for ice.

Am wondering what they are gonna base them on. I think we are more then ready for an ice wolf at the very least.

I am hoping for a new offensively strong ice-water pokemon too.

Also what do you people think would be interesting dual types? Like some extremely weird ones, and how they gonna make that in a pokemon design. Could be a fun discussion. I would like to see Ice-fire (strong offensive, natural resistance vs fire and steel) and design could be a snowman with a big fiery lantern or something. Or ice-steel (Loads of resistances, but a few big common weaknesses) and the design could be something like an ice wolf with steel fangs and claws, or something with partially ice, and partially steel plating.

msiew10

Arbok evolve into Dragon/poison type

rocky505

Uh, how? It's based off of the Cobra, so I don't see what Dragons have to do with that, especcially since Cobras aren't even in Europe anyway, unless you count zoos and such.
Polar Bears aren't in New York.

Oao

For new type combinations that could be possible I reckon: Water/Fire, Fire/Grass, Electric/Fighting, Flying/Fighting or even Poison/Dragon.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The whole region is based off nyc. Look at entralink, its central park. and the subway, thats all nyc.

Yep. For a more specific list, read here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_world_in_relation_to_the_real_world

Mawile/sableye evolution please - x-

This. These two really deserve evolutions and I hope they get some love.

That said, Gen 3 Pokemon has the most single-stage Pokemon. I hope majority of the cross-gen evos in Gen 6 is going to be Gen 3.

:: Sableye evo. I imagine a monstrous version of Sableye with huge crystals protruding out of it's shouders, back and limbs.
:: Mawile evo. Taller, more woman-like. with a bigger or two/more chompers.
:: Volbeat/Illumise pre-evo. A pre-evo which has a split evolution that evolves into either of the two depending on gender.
:: Spinda evo. A real big dizzy giant panda (not red panda). But instead of black and white, it'll be white and red/orange.
:: Kecleon evo. A more lizard-like chameleon that would look a bit like Sceptile.
:: Zangoose/Seviper pre/evo.
:: Tropius pre-evo. A baby bananasaur.
:: Absol evo/pre-evo.
:: Luvdisc evo. That looks nothing like an Alomomola.

Other evolutions I'd like to see:

:: Farfetch'd evo. A mature wild duck that looks like a wandering swordsman. I dunno why I pictured that.
:: Kangaskhan pre-evo. As mentioned many times before. Kangaskid.
:: Lapras pre-evo.
:: Girafarig evo. A real long-necked giraffe.
:: Dunsparce evo. A huge feathered serpent.
:: Miltank evo.
:: Chatot evo. A colorful Macaw that looks like an opera singer.
:: Audino evo. For bigger exp.
:: Throh/Sawk pre-evo. Then a new martial art oni that is based on Aikido.
:: Stunfisk evo. Just because.

Ungoliath

Not a GenWunner
Yep. For a more specific list, read here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_world_in_relation_to_the_real_world

This. These two really deserve evolutions and I hope they get some love.

That said, Gen 3 Pokemon has the most single-stage Pokemon. I hope majority of the cross-gen evos in Gen 6 is going to be Gen 3.

:: Sableye evo. I imagine a monstrous version of Sableye with huge crystals protruding out of it's shouders, back and limbs.
:: Mawile evo. Taller, more woman-like. with a bigger or two/more chompers.
:: Volbeat/Illumise pre-evo. A pre-evo which has a split evolution that evolves into either of the two depending on gender.
:: Spinda evo. A real big dizzy giant panda (not red panda). But instead of black and white, it'll be white and red/orange.
:: Kecleon evo. A more lizard-like chameleon that would look a bit like Sceptile.
:: Tropius pre-evo. A baby bananasaur.
:: Absol evo/pre-evo.
:: Luvdisc evo. That looks nothing like an Alomomola.

Other evolutions I'd like to see:

:: Farfetch'd evo. A mature wild duck that looks like a wandering swordsman. I dunno why I pictured that.
:: Kangaskhan pre-evo. As mentioned many times before. Kangaskid.
:: Lapras pre-evo.
:: Girafarig evo. A real long-necked giraffe.
:: Dunsparce evo. A huge feathered serpent.
:: Miltank evo.
:: Chatot evo. A colorful Macaw that looks like an opera singer.
:: Audino evo. For bigger exp.
:: Throh/Sawk pre-evo. Then a new martial art oni that is based on Aikido.
:: Stunfisk evo. Just because.
18 Pokemon...Not a bad number to throw, actually. 18 of 130 is a good number.

Although on that list, Jynx evo and Mr.Mime evo is a must. So they are 20 :p

rocky505

No mention of Zangoose and Seviper Wulava? I could see them both getting an evo.

scorpio66

Im somewhat concerned with the statement released that there will be 700+ pokemon by this new Generation, by stating 700 and not 800, it does make it seem that they'll be only slightly more than 50 new pokemon added, which would kind of suck as I was hoping for a good 150 new ones, as I found Gen 5 enjoyable in being able to catch all new pokemon from the beginning!

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
No mention of Zangoose and Seviper Wulava? I could see them both getting an evo.

Oops. I know I wrote them. I guess I accidentally deleted them when I was editing. XD
Added.

Im somewhat concerned with the statement released that there will be 700+ pokemon by this new Generation, by stating 700 and not 800, it does make it seem that they'll be only slightly more than 50 new pokemon added, which would kind of suck as I was hoping for a good 150 new ones, as I found Gen 5 enjoyable in being able to catch all new pokemon from the beginning!

I think the best guess is that they've added around 110-130 new Pokemon.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Just about anything with only one stage should in the future atleast have an evolution/pre evolution.

I agree with most of those Wulava but I hope we don't get to many, I want to see as many new creatures as possible.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Hey will ypous be looking at the Dex before you play or will you like to have the surprise?
I think I'm going to look at the final evos of the starters and that's all, not the middle ones or any other new Pokemon

adamfitz

poké-lover
OH and ancient dino Pokémon would be GREAT ! I love dinos !

I love fossil Pokemon, I'd like a prehistorical plant
Or a cool water dino

Status
Not open for further replies.