• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
I'm just gonna wait on Pokemon Sunday, and if they don't give us any idea, then there's always the English release. It should knock down some possibilities.

confuser987

Has anyone speculated that the Ribbons/scarfs/bowties Ninfia was wearing was actually clothes that the user can put on the Pokemon?
If this is true then we can equip clothes and items to pokemon :D.

That and we can make Pokemon lose their certain characteristics like Gothotelle's ribbon, Alakazam's bended spoon, maybe even Gardevoirs white dressing or Machamp's belt?

I just want to put it out there, that when they reveal that Ninfeon is a Normal type, I was the only one who thought so.
I think that this will be a flashier Sinnoh, 100 or so pokes and lots of new evos of previously existing mons.

I expect to see(hope to see):

Mawile
Sableye
Farfetch'd
Basculin
Corsola
Dunsparce
Volbeat
Illumise
Lumineon
Luvdisc
Spinda
Sunflora
Swalot

I don't expect many of these, and they could do others. I wouldn't mind Mawile or Sableye, but I already have a pretty competitive Mawile, so I don't mind if they don't.

Ver-mont

Has anyone speculated that the Ribbons/scarfs/bowties Ninfia was wearing was actually clothes that the user can put on the Pokemon?
If this is true then we can equip clothes and items to pokemon :D.

I doubt Sugimori would put them on the official stock artwork for Ninfia if that was the case.

RzK

Meow
@celebitrainer: I think the possible types for Ninfia are Normal, Fighting, Poison, Flying and Dragon. Normal since Ninfia doesn't really look specially suited to another type and Normal-types generally have safe designs. Poison since it is pink, i don't know why it's color screams Poison to me. Fighting as you suggested, whips et al. Flying since all those bows and all and it looks like it. Dragon since its coloration reminds one of dragons. Dragons don't really have any fixed theme. The best examples are, obviously Altaria then Kingdra, Shelgon and Vibrava and Flygon to some extent.

Bariokie

rock dog
If Ninfia turned out: normal
And there would be an other eeveelution.
Then it will be ghost.

Ghost and normal can't hit each other sooo......
:D

confuser987

@celebitrainer: I think the possible types for Ninfia are Normal, Fighting, Poison, Flying and Dragon. Normal since Ninfia doesn't really look specially suited to another type and Normal-types generally have safe designs. Poison since it is pink, i don't know why it's color screams Poison to me. Fighting as you suggested, whips et al. Flying since all those bows and all and it looks like it. Dragon since its coloration reminds one of dragons. Dragons don't really have any fixed theme. The best examples are, obviously Altaria then Kingdra, Shelgon and Vibrava and Flygon to some extent.

Perhaps Ninfia is the first type to have more than 2 typings or even all the typings :D

strikeZone13

Merc with a mouth
How about a Poison/Rock type?

Weaknesses: Ground, Psychic, Steel, water
Resistances: Bug, Fire, Normal,
None: Grass, Fighting, Dark, Dragon, Flying, Electric, Ice

Not bad but they should have given poison more offensive potential

Yveltal96

A little more human
I just want to put it out there, that when they reveal that Ninfeon is a Normal type, I was the only one who thought so.
I think that this will be a flashier Sinnoh, 100 or so pokes and lots of new evos of previously existing mons.

Mawile
Sableye
Farfetch'd
Basculin
Corsola
Dunsparce
Volbeat
Illumise
Lumineon
Luvdisc
Spinda
Sunflora
Swalot

I don't expect many of these, and they could do others. I wouldn't mind Mawile or Sableye, but I already have a pretty competitive Mawile, so I don't mind if they don't.

i think all of these definitely need evos
not too sure about swalot though because he has found a good niche where he is

strikeZone13

Merc with a mouth
I hope they give Durant an evo, queen for female, drone for male

confuser987

Mawile
Sableye
Farfetch'd
Basculin
Corsola
Dunsparce
Volbeat
Illumise
Lumineon
Luvdisc
Spinda
Sunflora
Swalot

Why give all of these pokemon evolutions? GF should just do the same concepts with Competetive Pikachu with these guys. Give them a support Orb like Light Ball. How about Cute ball? Instead of raising its physical and special attack, it should boost add 50% resistances to all damaging moves, like a Evoliote for weak pokemon with no other evolution.

Hey, perhaps Ninfia evolves with a Cute Ball equipped with it.

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
What if they actually made one and named it BruceLeeon? That would be awesome xD

But that's besides the point. If Ninfia is Flying, it's counterpart will be Fighting/Rock/Ground. If it's Normal, Fighting will be it's counterpart.
Those are the most likely counterparts. Not saying they will be, but I'd like them to be.

...Are your talking about a fighting Eeveelution xD

but, what I always hope for is more half dragons. >.> Grass/Dragon, Rock/Dragon, Bug/Dragon. I always look for dragon counterparts >.>

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Trading with Items was used first in Johto... Onix, Scyther, Poliwhirl, Slopoke, Seadra and Porygon
Yea, I guess I forgot about that lol.

Lol you spelled 'definitely' so badly that spell check made it say 'defiantly'. Not to be rude.
Usually when I misspell a word I'll fix it right away, however I was rushed when posting that :p

If Ninfia is indeed Flying-type I could see them adding a fighting/rock eeveelution, probably a fighting-type but who knows.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Bug/Dragon

... YUSH.

Anyway, I wonder what the regional Bug will be based on this time, same with Regional 2 staged Fishie, early electric, rodent and bird.

Eh, as long as they weren't as horrible as Unova's abominations, I'll be fine.

naughtynun

Eevee is the genetics pokemon. It can evolve many ways because it has unstable DNA so it makes perfect sense that a new Eeveelution would be one of the first pokemon to be revealed for games based on genetics. However, I'm completely disappointed by the design. If it's anything other than normal type I'll be further disappointed. Not because I want a normal type eeveeolution, or because I don't want eeveelutions of other types but because I want better looking Eeveelutions for those types. What I mean to say is, if it ends up being flying type I'll be disappointed because I think they could have come up with a better design for a flying type Eeveelution and so on. I don't want it to be anything other than normal because I want better designs for the other types.

As for new evolutions of old pokemon, I really want a Stunfisk evo. I saw a fan-art design that was absolutely brilliant and now I can't get it out of my head that it needs to happen.
I also think Cacturn could use an evo to bring it up to par with other newer pokemon.
Spinda could use an evo but not a Panda, something more elongated and rabbit-like.
Dunsparce really needs a dragon type evo but I doubt it will ever get one.
I'd never thought about before until someone mentioned it on here but I'd like a Primeape evo. Maybe a Gorilla, and Primeape seems to be really overlooked so it wouldn't hurt.
A Lanturn evo wouldn't hurt. Make it more powerful and more dolphin-like in appearance.
A Relicanth evo would also be appreciated. Again I seen a great fan-art of one and I want it to happen.
I personally would've liked a dragon type eevee-lution. Similar colouring to Druddigon. Slightly scaled on feet. Pointed slicked back ears. Spiked spine from head to tip of tail like a dragon.

As for brand spanking new pokemon I'd like to see...

An ice/fighting type Kangaroo like the fake one that leaked as a 4th gen starter.
A black-widow pokemon. Bug/dark type. Has to be 100% female and doesn't evolve.
A raptor fossil pokemon. Rock/dark type.
A Stegasaurus fossil pokemon. Rock/steel type.
If not those then a sabre tooth tiger. Rock/ice type.
One of those dinosaurs with the neck brace that spits poison. I don't know their names (think Jurassic park where it spits in the fat guys eyes in the car). It would be rock/poison type.
A red panda based pokemon. Either normal or fighting type. Not fire
A koala pokemon. Would have to be cute. Normal type. (the jigglypuff/chansey/skitty of this gen)
A wallaby theme pokemon.
A tasmanian devil based pokemon. Would be dark type.
A hyena based pokemon. People say Mightyena is based of it but it looks nothing like one, too wolf-like. I want one that actually looks like one. Would be ground/dark type.
A lemur based pokemon thats 3 stages. Starts normal then turns normal/fighting.
Everyone seems to be calling out for a husky. Something to rival the Growlithe/Arcanine line. Has to be ice type.
A jumping mouse based pokemon. normal type. This regions early rodent.

That's all i can think of right now...

Do you mean this Stunfisk evo: http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/339/a/2/diskarge_by_deidara_fuuka-d5n4lfs.png ? That one is REALLY cool!

A normal/dragon Dunsparce evo? That sounds nice! It would make a terrible Pokemon very popular, very fast!

Mr. Cuddles

i like trains
... YUSH.

Anyway, I wonder what the regional Bug will be based on this time, same with Regional 2 staged Fishie, early electric, rodent and bird.

Eh, as long as they weren't as horrible as Unova's abominations, I'll be fine.

If you are talking about Unova's regional bugs, they were in my opinion the best so far.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
I really want something new in the Growlithe/Arcanine line. Preferably a different evolve for growitle using some new feature in the game involving DNA reconstruction

Alot of people complain that Serperior isn't Grass/Dragon. GameFreak please make them happy by making a Grass/Dragon, so that at least partial comlantion will decrease...

Status
Not open for further replies.