• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I've got an idea.Maybe,at some point in the game you can embark onto some kind of small island that was in fact a piece of another planet.But in that piece of land,the atmosphere and everything is different and distorted and when you take Eevee there,it either evolves into a Flying type to adapt to that atmosphere or into some weird Ground type to adapt to the land there,maybe inside an alien cave.Ok,I'll stop.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I really want a leafy sea dragon pkmn.But I'm afraid that they might make it girly and pink>.> I want one that's Dragon/Grass but still lives underwater^^

Yveltal96

A little more human
I really want a leafy sea dragon pkmn.But I'm afraid that they might make it girly and pink>.> I want one that's Dragon/Grass but still lives underwater^^

that is a really good idea but isn't that what Kingdra is?
but a grass/dragon would be amazing and i am ashamed to say i was also disappointed serperior wasn't grass/dragon

naughtynun

I loved most of those evo's I posted up! Has anyone ever seen a decent fanart for a Tauros/Miltank prevo?

Also, Serperior SHOULD have been a Dragon-type in my opinion! It was like a Basilisk, so it made sense for it to be a Dragon-type to me. A Samurai otter that WASN'T a Fighting type made no sense either. All so they could do another stupid fire/fighting YET again! Tepig's dark colouration made me think it was going to be a Dark type too later on. Can anyone honestly say they prefered the actual gen 5 starter typings to the ideas above?

I will be really cross if we get a Fire/Fighting this gen as its ridiculous now to have 3 out of 5 Fire starters with the exact same type combination. The same could be said for 3/5 of Water and Grass starters being pure. So I will be angry with those 3 choices for the starters and happy with ANYTHING else. I will be VERY pleased if they are of a new type combination for their starter type. So also ideally not pure fire, fire/flying, grass/ground, water/ground, water/steel, grass/poison.

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
Alot of people complain that Serperior isn't Grass/Dragon. GameFreak please make them happy by making a Grass/Dragon, so that at least partial comlantion will decrease...

Serperior is fine the way it is. I mean, I'm not a componetial Serperior fan... I'm more Samurott.

I only complain about not many dragon counterparts is because I love dragons P:

...Did I forget any dragon counterparts in my last post?

Absol_utely

Cool Trainer
Tell that to Flash Cannon and Doom Desire. Using light as a form of offense is no more ridiculous than throwing leaves at your opponent.

And the obvious...Solarbeam!? Luster Purge and to a lesser extent Flash. Pokés get hurt by a beam of light. lolzcats

yoshi007

Ice Type Trainer
Do you mean this Stunfisk evo: http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/339/a/2/diskarge_by_deidara_fuuka-d5n4lfs.png ? That one is REALLY cool!

A normal/dragon Dunsparce evo? That sounds nice! It would make a terrible Pokemon very popular, very fast!

Yes wow that looks awesome. I wouldn't mind a part Dragon Dunsparce evo either.

I agree that Gen V, while overall a great generation of Pokémon, was disappointing in terms of the regional rodent/bird/etc. The bugs were the best we've had so far, and Lillipup was good, but Pidove and Purrloin were disappointing. Patrat I don't care too much about.
The one that majorly disappointed me though... Blitzle/Zebstrika. First Zebra Pokémon, which was awesome, ****ing amazing design, and... oh hang on, it's totally useless. Well, other than to be annoying in Black Tower and give unneeded paralysis... I guess it's got speed going for it. Still, disappointing.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that since Gen III, there seems to have been one Pokémon/evolution line introduced in each Generation that has no weaknesses, either due to type or ability. (Sableye, Spiritomb, Eelektross line). So, if this is a trend, what do you guys think will be the no weakness Pokémon or line this time around?

I think perhaps a Sableye evolution or perhaps a Poison/Dark type with Levitate.

Absol_utely

Cool Trainer
Tell that to Flash Cannon and Doom Desire. Using light as a form of offense is no more ridiculous than throwing leaves at your opponent.

And the obvious...Solarbeam!? Luster Purge and to a lesser extent Flash. Pokés get hurt by a beam of light. lolzcats

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Guys, I do believe Ninfia is shiny. I know we went over this already, but I'm considering it more likely then not.
1) The art for the movie has sparkles
2)The in game screenshot with the stars is not Wish or Swift, but the new shiny animation.

Don't kill me, but its certainly an idea we should be open to.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
I've got an idea.Maybe,at some point in the game you can embark onto some kind of small island that was in fact a piece of another planet.But in that piece of land,the atmosphere and everything is different and distorted and when you take Eevee there,it either evolves into a Flying type to adapt to that atmosphere or into some weird Ground type to adapt to the land there,maybe inside an alien cave.Ok,I'll stop.
It's not a terrible idea! on this island maybe female eevee adapts differently to males and female turns into flying and male into ground

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Guys, I do believe Ninfia is shiny. I know we went over this already, but I'm considering it more likely then not.
1) The art for the movie has sparkles
2)The in game screenshot with the stars is not Wish or Swift, but the new shiny animation.

Don't kill me, but its certainly an idea we should be open to.
There might be a chance.You know,to make little kids to go to events to get the shiny Ninfia...has been done before.

Yveltal96

A little more human
It's kinda sad.The moves are kinda awesome.Most moves we got in gen 5 were sucky>.>except for Quiver Dance.

i thought there were a lot of cool moves from this new gen
for example inferno and quiver dance
also i liked charge beam, leaf tornado, flame charge, and razor shell

Status
Not open for further replies.