• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

naughtynun

ok we are getting seriously off topic
we aren't even talking about gen 6 anymore

but who thinks that if illmuise and volbeat evolved they should be bug/electric?

Meh. It doesn't really matter that much. I did bring it back to the current starters. I think its unreasonable to to allow for some deviation from the title.

And yes, I reckon electric makes sense for those two. I think a pure Bug-type baby that evolves into both and then either a separate evolution of both of them or a fusion evolution of both of them.

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
Still gunning for normal Ninfia. He's just too cute to be anything else.

Okay, my wishes for regionals:

Regional Fish- the Killifish- pure water
Regional Rodent- Naked Mole Rat- pure normal
Regional Bird- Cassowary- Flying/Fighting
Regional Bug- the Hissing Cockroach- Bug/Poison
Regional Dragon- the Assassin Spider- Bug/Dragon

Schade

Metallic Wonder
^ It sure does. If we're talking about evolutions, which I think we are. They should make one of them offensive, and the other one defensive

naughtynun

Still gunning for normal Ninfia. He's just too cute to be anything else.

Okay, my wishes for regionals:

Regional Fish- the Killifish- pure water
Regional Rodent- Naked Mole Rat- pure normal
Regional Bird- Cassowary- Flying/Fighting
Regional Bug- the Hissing Cockroach- Bug/Poison
Regional Dragon- the Assassin Spider- Bug/Dragon

To be honest I'm hoping for as little pure types as possible plus some type combinations, like the bug/poison one you suggested have been done to death as well. There are SO many combinations that haven't been done yet I don't why so few Pokemon are dual-types and those that are are the same old rock/ground, normal/flying, bug/grass, grass/poison, poison/bug, water/ground combinations.

I don't see the problem with Samurott, of course it's different from Dewott and Oshawott because that's what it was intended and supposed to form to. This applies with Dragonair to Dragonite.

Yes! But Dragonite would have been better in my opinion if it had been more of a snakey shape like its prevo's were. I would welcome a branched evo there, perhaps a Dragon/Poison type that can fly a little, like Dragonair can and with levitate to cover the ground weakness? It could be really quite cool!

Yveltal96

A little more human
^ It sure does. If we're talking about evolutions, which I think we are. They should make one of them offensive, and the other one defensive

definitely agree
i think illumise's evo would be the supporter possibly because he has access to tail glow and baton pass

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
To be honest I'm hoping for as little pure types as possible plus some type combinations, like the bug/poison one you suggested have been done to death as well. There are SO many combinations that haven't been done yet I don't why so few Pokemon are dual-types and those that are are the same old rock/ground, normal/flying, bug/grass, grass/poison, poison/bug, water/ground combinations.

Each generation were getting more new Pokemon, of course were gonna reuse the same types. We can't just have one generation full of new types, that would be mediocre personally.

naughtynun said:
Yes! But Dragonite would have been better in my opinion if it had been more of a snakey shape like its prevo's were. I would welcome a branched evo there, perhaps a Dragon/Poison type that can fly a little, like Dragonair can and with levitate to cover the ground weakness? It could be really quite cool!

To each there own but Dragonair is overrated in my opinion, making it one of my least favorite Pokemon.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Well, the female counterparts usually becomes the defensive ones.
Perhaps not the counterpart, but female-only ones, like Nidowueen, Vespiquen, meganium (female-ish) etc.
Volbeat would then probably be the attacker

And Yveltal, shame on you. Volbeat's the one with Tail Glow and Batton Pass. You should nkow this, as you're in a Bug-club.
Lol, just joking around

Would it be too much to hope that Gyarados switches typing?

I meant Illumise and Volbeat are obscure in normal gameplay, not competitive stuff. They aren't really used by NPCs or most players, since those bugs aren't able to compete with, say, Krookodile or other pokes.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Well, the female counterparts usually becomes the defensive ones.
Perhaps not the counterpart, but female-only ones, like Nidowueen, Vespiquen, meganium (female-ish) etc.
Volbeat would then probably be the attacker

And Yveltal, shame on you. Volbeat's the one with Tail Glow and Batton Pass. You should nkow this, as you're in a Bug-club.
Lol, just joking around
oh crap i got it wrong....
i am kind of ashamed now lol
but either way Volbeat could be the supporter then with baton pass
also you have thunder wave and confuse ray and his evo is set

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I don't know, really. Illumise seems more like the supporter. Doesn't she have like.. a lot of defensive, supporting moves?
An eventual evolution must not be too owerpowered, at least

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I forgot to say that it MIGHT be based on the Genesis snake. Sorry, I wasn't trying to peddle speculation as fact. I see what you mean, like how Octillery is ok but seems crazy as an evolution of Remoraid?

I'm looking forward to seeing the final gen 5 evo's. I remember that everyone loves Snivy and Tepig back at the start and hated Oshawott (some of us still do) but as soon as the final stages were announced many people decided not to choose Tepig because of Emboar and chose Oshawott on account of Samurott. Serperior didn't seem to change Snivy's popularity much as it was so popular to start with.

Yup thats a perfect and even weirder example but some people have told me its basicly Remoraid is a gun and Octilery is a Bazooka, so the fish doesn't really make much of a diference it seems but yeah I like Octilery a lot an dits weird it evolves from Remoraid as a animal.

I'm going to try not to be spoiled this time, I'll see the CoroCoro Scans but otheriwse I'll try not to spoil myself too much.

gpt11

well that's a huge let down then, nexts month better have more than this months i whant more pictures more mons and a map of the region.

i think there is some more info this sunday aswel but it will prob be about Ninfia maybe her type and evolution method

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
well that's a huge let down then, nexts month better have more than this months i whant more pictures more mons and a map of the region.

There's still 6/7-ish month left to go; they have to be sparing with their information.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
I think they are keeping everything under the covers for these games though.

Status
Not open for further replies.