• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
I wonder whether or not we will get more from CoroCoro in a few days. Maybe more screenshots at least for some more past Pokémon included in the game. Hopefully at least Dex entries for the starters and/or Legendaries!

when is the next corocoro coming ?

EonDragonFTW

so, with 100-130 new pokemon, that means there will be almost 800 POKEMON!!!!!! I'll never be able to finish my national dex. But they really should cool it with the amount of legendaries.
And as for the possible Mew-type, what would its typing be?
All the base 100s each represent a specific rpg element (barring Mew, the original)
Celebi- Grass
Jirachi- Steel
Manaphy- Water
Victini- Fire
What next?

ryanthehuman

Will the previous-gen Pokemon shown in the trailer be available in the regional dex? I'd be happy with most of them (specifically Litwik, Mienfoo, Kirlia), I really don't want to see another region with Psyduck though, and I'm not too fond of the idea of Patrat and Pansear. Would be interesting if Pikachu was available since it basically skipped an entire generation. I wonder if it would be available early on?

All the base 100s each represent a specific rpg element (barring Mew, the original)
Celebi- Grass
Jirachi- Steel
Manaphy- Water
Victini- Fire
What next?

Electric? Maybe a dual Psychic/Electric, since that hasn't been done before.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Oh yeah, Golurk gettin' some love from on high, he's my favorite Gen 5 Pokemon!

rocky505

so, with 100-130 new pokemon, that means there will be almost 800 POKEMON!!!!!! I'll never be able to finish my national dex. But they really should cool it with the amount of legendaries.
Celebi- Grass
Jirachi- Steel
Manaphy- Water
Victini- Fire
What next?
Wind possibly? As in a flying type.

carboncopy

(-) (-) (-) (-)
Will the previous-gen Pokemon shown in the trailer be available in the regional dex? I'd be happy with most of them (specifically Litwik, Mienfoo, Kirlia), I really don't want to see another region with Psyduck though, and I'm not too fond of the idea of Patrat and Pansear. Would be interesting if Pikachu was available since it basically skipped an entire generation. I wonder if it would be available early on?

it will be. I remember Iwata really stressing that in the live feed.

Littlemyuu

I really hope we get cool evo's/pre-evo's from older Pokemon, like an little Absol, that would be so cute!
I'm sure there will be an Eeveelution, maybe 2 like always! I can't wait to see the cool ghost Pokemon

Wadeledge

Till all are One

Electric? Maybe a dual Psychic/Electric, since that hasn't been done before.

While I don't think ALL of the Pokemon shown will be available in the regional dex (Scizor and Butterfree were shown in pre-release stuff for DP for example) I wouldn't be too surprised to see Psyduck, he's Masuda's favorite!

gliscor&yanmega

Will the previous-gen Pokemon shown in the trailer be available in the regional dex?

We can't know for sure until the game comes out, or if there is some info at some point saying "These Pokemon will be in the regional dex" then lists all the Pokemon that were shown in the trailer(We'll probably get something like this, but it wont necessarily confirm all the ones shown in the trailer). Most likely, at least some will be.

Leosnake

man , everyone wants a link between luvdisc and alomomola. Am i the only one who doesn't ?

Nope.

Also going back the Eevee lines do you suppose they will have an Ice rock and Moss Rock equivalent or will we have to trade them from Gen 5?

Prehaps a Poison, Ghost or Steel types will be the next Evolutions for Eevee if we get any I would love a Dragon one but I don't see it happening for some reason. Not yet anyway.

Raguna

Magikarp. The best.
I'm seriously hoping for some non legendary oriental style dragon for this gen. I mean, every gen they have a dragon evolution family, and there are nearly no oriental style dragons, so that would be nice to see. Talking about dragons, I'm glad the new legends are not dragon types this time. At least they don't look like it, and I hope they aren't.
And also Ice types. I really want some good and new Ice family.
Please, bring poor Houdour family back in this gen. They rarely get in any regional dex, and I really want to use it in the main game.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
We can't know for sure until the game comes out, or if there is some info at some point saying "These Pokemon will be in the regional dex" then lists all the Pokemon that were shown in the trailer(We'll probably get something like this, but it wont necessarily confirm all the ones shown in the trailer). Most likely, at least some will be.

I'd expect at least Golurk and Seismetoad lines because of the Golurk & Palpitoad statue, but then again there were Pikachu sculptures, bushes, billboards, etc...in B/W.

jackiedog

dream fighter
I'm really hoping for some new eevee evolutions. I can hope can't I.

Zorgaz

Veteran
Yeah new Eevee evolutions would be cool, and a new 3 stage Ice family that doesn't look like a icecream would be nice, maybe based on a lynx?

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
Nope.

Also going back the Eevee lines do you suppose they will have an Ice rock and Moss Rock equivalent or will we have to trade them from Gen 5?
Of course they will
I'm so glad they aren't making BW's mistake and are including previous gens!

Status
Not open for further replies.