1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by bobandbill, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anderdan

anderdan Pokebreeder

I think the poison types should get a new weather (acid rain makes the most sense). Also I think they need to have their 'not very effective' and 'super effective' match ups re-evaluated.

2. Tenilius

Tenilius Well-Known Member

If they decide to alter the type chart Poison is in dire need of an offensive buff, perhaps x2 on Water & Fighting seeing as Poison resists Fighting, while Ice desperately needs a defensive buff. It only resists it's own type, at least make it resist Water/Grass/Dragon.

3. Endolise

Endolise TengenToppaBoogaloo

Acid rain would be really cool, I think. The Poison-type certainly deserves it.

4. Yveltal96

Yveltal96 A little more human

a fusion of eeveelutions is a pretty sweet idea i wouldn't mind it
    but i don't think they would use the DNA splicers considering it was just for kyurem
    maybe a different item

5. psychonerderer

psychonerderer Well-Known Member

I really wish poison could regain its strength over bugs. I mean what else do you spray into ant colonies?

6. Chandreigon

Chandreigon Pokemon Master

I know the words sound a bit confusing, hopefully this clears it up a little.

Note: None of these images are mine.

pawniard.jpg

7. Tenilius

Haha, very fair point.

8. Yveltal96

birds, rocks, and fire
    but i see what you mean it would make sense

9. anderdan

anderdan Pokebreeder

That sounds reasonable. I had forgotten about Ice needing a buff too. I think those changes would definitely help balance the game better.

10. Archangel Azazel

Archangel Azazel Fallen Angel

Yes they deserve the attention this gen ):< Acid Rain... will it act like Rain Dance or Hail like? I mean hurt or nawp? <.>

Yeah I know I was thinking of not the DNA splicers being used, but other item. More like.. I guess the Pokemon Manga.. <.> The Zapmolcuno thing, but not.. so corrupted looking if you know what I mean P:

11. Yveltal96

poison definitely needs an offensive boost
    and ice REALLY needs defensive boosts Kyurems typing was so bad they made two forms for him and boosted the crap out of his attacking stats to compensate

12. Gypsi_

Gypsi_ Well-Known Member

No no no no. Just no. Those would be terrible alter-evos. They have no resemblance whatsoever to Bisharp/Pawniard.

13. Yveltal96

i think acid rain should hurt every type (including steel which it will do double damage to) and only poison resists acid rain
    and i never saw the manga but i have seen zap molcuno *shudders* that thing is weird and i guess it could be some amulet of sorts that fuses them i guess

14. anderdan

anderdan Pokebreeder

I think it would have to be in between rain and hail. It should definitely hurt/do damage against certain types but since it is still water based it probably would have SOME effects similar to rain. It should power up poison moves for sure and cause damage every turn like hail and sandstorm. Probably inhibit fire, rock, and steel type moves somewhat. Double damage to Steel types. What do you guys think about which types are benefited and which are harmed?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  15. Yveltal96

read my above post i think it is a pretty good idea especially steel is immune to poison attacks ):<

16. Tenilius

If you're looking at balancing the game, look at Hail, it's only resisted/neutralized by Ice-types which makes it very rare to see in game and competitively, if an acid rain like effect was to be balanced it'd have to be resisted by more than just Poison, maybe Ghost & Psychic?

17. Archangel Azazel

Archangel Azazel Fallen Angel

Ah well the only downside I see with fusioning Pokemon is that its not considered part of the Pokedex "exactly" just like BW Kyurem P:

Hmm not affect water Maybe..? <.> since its watery acid XD
    I guess not steel unless this acid rain makes things rusty >.>

18. Yveltal96

well i can't think of anything else that could resist it
    acid rain is acid so it corrodes steel and melts rock
    it kills nutrients in the soil (ground)
    it pollutes water and kills plants
    acid rain is rain so it douses fire
    idk maybe psychic and dark people could be immune it sounds fun to have psychic and dark in an acid rain team

19. HetaOni

HetaOni Chesaught

You spray birds, rocks, and fire into anthills? That's a bit extreme.

Do you guys think we will have a roaming legendary this gen?

20. Chandreigon

Chandreigon Pokemon Master

They werent meant to be actual representations of evolutions, just placeholders. I cant make a fakemon to save myself, they were just meant to express the potential for a divergent and convergent evolution line that is possible for pawniard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.