• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

anderdan

Pokebreeder
Yeah... it would be nice. Not exactly an evolution, but more of a fusion.. thing <.>

Aww yessness. I like a few Poison types and I wish they would get a bit more of light. All I see are the water type Pokemon growing. I mean the water based gets more Pokemon >.>

I think the poison types should get a new weather (acid rain makes the most sense). Also I think they need to have their 'not very effective' and 'super effective' match ups re-evaluated.

Tenilius

If they decide to alter the type chart Poison is in dire need of an offensive buff, perhaps x2 on Water & Fighting seeing as Poison resists Fighting, while Ice desperately needs a defensive buff. It only resists it's own type, at least make it resist Water/Grass/Dragon.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I think the poison types should get a new weather (acid rain makes the most sense). Also I think they need to have their 'not very effective' and 'super effective' match ups re-evaluated.

Acid rain would be really cool, I think. The Poison-type certainly deserves it.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Yeah... it would be nice. Not exactly an evolution, but more of a fusion.. thing <.>

Aww yessness. I like a few Poison types and I wish they would get a bit more of light. All I see are the water type Pokemon growing. I mean the water based gets more Pokemon >.>

a fusion of eeveelutions is a pretty sweet idea i wouldn't mind it
but i don't think they would use the DNA splicers considering it was just for kyurem
maybe a different item

psychonerderer

I really wish poison could regain its strength over bugs. I mean what else do you spray into ant colonies?

Chandreigon

Pokemon Master
Personally I liked that idea or something very similar. However, it seems a bit complicated compared to other 'traditional' methods of evolution. Save maybe the hitmon- clan coming close I suppose.

I know the words sound a bit confusing, hopefully this clears it up a little.

Note: None of these images are mine.

pawniard.jpg

anderdan

Pokebreeder
If they decide to alter the type chart Poison is in dire need of an offensive buff, perhaps x2 on Water & Fighting seeing as Poison resists Fighting, while Ice desperately needs a defensive buff. It only resists it's own type, at least make it resist Water/Grass/Dragon.

That sounds reasonable. I had forgotten about Ice needing a buff too. I think those changes would definitely help balance the game better.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Acid rain would be really cool, I think. The Poison-type certainly deserves it.

Yes they deserve the attention this gen ):< Acid Rain... will it act like Rain Dance or Hail like? I mean hurt or nawp? <.>

a fusion of eeveelutions is a pretty sweet idea i wouldn't mind it
but i don't think they would use the DNA splicers considering it was just for kyurem
maybe a different item

Yeah I know I was thinking of not the DNA splicers being used, but other item. More like.. I guess the Pokemon Manga.. <.> The Zapmolcuno thing, but not.. so corrupted looking if you know what I mean P:

Yveltal96

A little more human
That sounds reasonable. I had forgotten about Ice needing a buff too. I think those changes would definitely help balance the game better.

poison definitely needs an offensive boost
and ice REALLY needs defensive boosts Kyurems typing was so bad they made two forms for him and boosted the crap out of his attacking stats to compensate

Yveltal96

A little more human
Yes they deserve the attention this gen ):< Acid Rain... will it act like Rain Dance or Hail like? I mean hurt or nawp? <.>

Yeah I know I was thinking of not the DNA splicers being used, but other item. More like.. I guess the Pokemon Manga.. <.> The Zapmolcuno thing, but not.. so corrupted looking if you know what I mean P:
i think acid rain should hurt every type (including steel which it will do double damage to) and only poison resists acid rain
and i never saw the manga but i have seen zap molcuno *shudders* that thing is weird and i guess it could be some amulet of sorts that fuses them i guess

anderdan

Pokebreeder

I think it would have to be in between rain and hail. It should definitely hurt/do damage against certain types but since it is still water based it probably would have SOME effects similar to rain. It should power up poison moves for sure and cause damage every turn like hail and sandstorm. Probably inhibit fire, rock, and steel type moves somewhat. Double damage to Steel types. What do you guys think about which types are benefited and which are harmed?

Last edited:

Tenilius

i think acid rain should hurt every type (including steel which it will do double damage to) and only poison resists acid rain

If you're looking at balancing the game, look at Hail, it's only resisted/neutralized by Ice-types which makes it very rare to see in game and competitively, if an acid rain like effect was to be balanced it'd have to be resisted by more than just Poison, maybe Ghost & Psychic?

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
and i never saw the manga but i have seen zap molcuno *shudders* that thing is weird and i guess it could be some amulet of sorts that fuses them i guess

Ah well the only downside I see with fusioning Pokemon is that its not considered part of the Pokedex "exactly" just like BW Kyurem P:

I think it would have to be in between rain and hail. It should definitely hurt/do damage against certain types but since it is still water based it probably would have SOME effects similar to rain. It should power up poison moves for sure and cause damage every turn like hail and sandstorm. Probably inhibit fire type moves somewhat. What do you guys think about which types are benefited and which are harmed?

Hmm not affect water Maybe..? <.> since its watery acid XD
I guess not steel unless this acid rain makes things rusty >.>

Yveltal96

A little more human
If you're looking at balancing the game, look at Hail, it's only resisted/neutralized by Ice-types which makes it very rare to see in game and competitively, if an acid rain like effect was to be balanced it'd have to be resisted by more than just Poison.

well i can't think of anything else that could resist it
acid rain is acid so it corrodes steel and melts rock
it kills nutrients in the soil (ground)
it pollutes water and kills plants
acid rain is rain so it douses fire
idk maybe psychic and dark people could be immune it sounds fun to have psychic and dark in an acid rain team

Chandreigon

Pokemon Master
No no no no. Just no. Those would be terrible alter-evos. They have no resemblance whatsoever to Bisharp/Pawniard.

They werent meant to be actual representations of evolutions, just placeholders. I cant make a fakemon to save myself, they were just meant to express the potential for a divergent and convergent evolution line that is possible for pawniard.

Status
Not open for further replies.