• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yveltal96

A little more human
You spray birds, rocks, and fire into anthills? That's a bit extreme.

Do you guys think we will have a roaming legendary this gen?

i am hopeful for roaming legendaries like legendary cats? dogs? (since entei,suicune,and raikou are just called beasts)
and i was just naming off things super effective against bugs lol

Unredemption

Would like to see some roaming Pokemon too, the dearth of them in BW2 was just too much to handle. Hopefully, we'll get more than one per version...

For fusion, as long as they use it appropriately (e.g. for DNA/tech Pokemon or as part of the storyline like BW2) and sparingly (meaning we shouldn't have a thousand or so combinations to fuse), I don't see anything really wrong with it. Of course, by promoting widespread fusion GameFreak would also be promoting the use of Pokemon as tools (which was what Ghetsis did), and that'd run contrary to the whole "Pokemon are pals" philosophy.

anderdan

Pokebreeder
Rough Idea for Acid Rain:

Poison Base Power increased by 50%
Water Base Power increased by 25%
Fire Base Power decreased 50%
All non-poison or ghost based pokemon receive damage every turn (double on steel types)
Castform becomes a poison type
The attack Weather Ball's Power doubles and becomes Poison type
Solar Beam requires two turns of charge
Thunder's accuracy is increased to 100%, being able to break through Protect & Detect 25% of the time
Hurricane's accuracy is increased to 100%, being able to break through Protect & Detect 25% of the time
Synthesis. Morning Sun & Moonlight recover 25% of user's HP
Pokémon with the Swift Swim Ability have their Speed raised
Pokémon with the Hydration Ability are cured from status afflictions except poison whenever it rains

Unsure of these abilities:
Pokémon with the Dry Skin Ability loses HP every turn and 1/4 its HP when hit by a Water Attack
Pokémon with the Rain Dish Ability lose 1/16th of their max HP recovered each turn

Last edited:

psychonerderer

yes i do. it makes them all relly mad.

also, i just ADORE the Bannette drawing, signature, thing.

Yveltal96

A little more human
Rough Idea for Acid Rain:

Poison Base Power increased by 50%
Water Base Power increased by 25%
Fire Base Power decreased 50%
All non-poison or ghost based pokemon receive damage every turn (double on steel types)
Castform becomes a poison type
The attack Weather Ball's Power doubles and becomes Poison type
Solar Beam requires two turns of charge
Thunder's accuracy is increased to 100%, being able to break through Protect & Detect 25% of the time
Hurricane's accuracy is increased to 100%, being able to break through Protect & Detect 25% of the time
Synthesis. Morning Sun & Moonlight recover 25% of user's HP
Pokémon with the Dry Skin Ability recovers HP every turn and 1/4 its HP when hit by a Water Attack
Pokémon with the Swift Swim Ability have their Speed raised
Pokémon with the Hydration Ability are cured from status afflictions except poison whenever it rains
Pokémon with the Rain Dish Ability have 1/16th of their max HP recovered each turn
i like it a lot
except i have a feeling Rain Dish pokemon and Dry Skin pokemon would suffer because they are absorbing poison rain

Machomacho

Ok this is a small find, but in the magazine picture on serebii with just Ninfia on it, there is a picture of a battle scene where Ninfia is about to battle some small gray pokemon. I don't know if it is new or not, but its too small tell.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Ok this is a small find, but in the magazine picture on serebii with just Ninfia on it, there is a picture of a battle scene where Ninfia is about to battle some small gray pokemon. I don't know if it is new or not, but its too small tell.

It's Froakie. It's blue and has big, yellow eyes, as well as spots of dark blue and white in between its eyes.

EDIT: Here's a comparison. FroakieCompare.jpg

Last edited:

Tenilius

The shot that shows another Pokemon is Froakie.

psychonerderer

i could go for a sweet poison/dragon. kinda like the Nido's but, y'know, good.

jdmi012

I don't think Nintendo Direct will say anything other that "This is Ninfia! Please continue bashing your skulls on your table because we still aren't telling you the type". I'll still watch though.

confuser987

i like it a lot
except i have a feeling Rain Dish pokemon and Dry Skin pokemon would suffer because they are absorbing poison rain

I agree with you. Replenishing by means like absorb, water absorb, dry skin, should have the reverse affect under this acid rain weather status like implied Liquid Ooze especially synthesis.

XXD17

Draco rex
Your theory of being part of a Flying type is okay. But I actually completely disagree with your explanation about the Dragon Type.
First up, Ninfia doesn't look at all to a dragon type (if we except Altaria). I really doubt of it.
I don't know why is people are obsessed by Ninfia's little cute teeth since some Eeveelution has teeth. For exemple, Glaceon has.
For the "fire" move in the CoroCoro pages, I think it's just sort of a Fire type's. Since Togepi can have Flamethrower, all is possible. It could have been attack such as Metronome, Copycat or Me First too. This cannot be count as a hint.
Finally, going my logic, I really don't think this sort of Eeveelution is appropriate for a Dragon type. It's too much gorgeous and elegant to be revelant...

Those aren't fangs...any pokemon can grit their teeth...you see pikachu do it all the time but when he opens his mouth, he doesn't have fangs and neither do most the other eeveelutions...the only other one that does is umbreon...now umbreon is a dark type, a type regarded as fierce or vicious no? Now what other types are considered fierce? Poison? Fighting? Dragon? From the coloration, dragon makes the most sense to me...I'm not trying to convince you, just trying to tell you why I think this way...

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
I don't think Nintendo Direct will say anything other that "This is Ninfia! Please continue bashing your skulls on your table because we still aren't telling you the type". I'll still watch though.

Id really hate this. I really hope they at least tell us its type. Or how it evolves.
Othrwise its going to be trolls fighting trolls for about another month.

DinoKing

Burn...
Those aren't fangs...any pokemon can grit their teeth...you see pikachu do it all the time but when he opens his mouth, he doesn't have fangs and neither do most the other eeveelutions...the only other one that does is umbreon...now umbreon is a dark type, a type regarded as fierce or vicious no? Now what other types are considered fierce? Poison? Fighting? Dragon? From the coloration, dragon makes the most sense to me...I'm not trying to convince you, just trying to tell you why I think this way...

All of the Eeveelution can learn bite and Jolteon, Flareon, and Glaceon can learn Thunder, Fire and Ice fang respectively. Just because they're not drawn with fangs most of the time doesn't mean they don't have them.

EagleEye

I just saw the new eeveelution ninfia and read some of the post's. I hope there is more then just one eeveelution. My first thought about ninfia was that I really don't like it's eye's. Their too big and round. I guess I can get used to the rest of the design like I have done with most other new pokemon, but those eye's are just weird.

As for type the first thing I thought was normal type(based on design and color). I really can't see it being anything else, plus the pink bows remind me of the hold item pink bow that increased normal type moves. So i'm sticking with normal type.

XXD17

Draco rex
All of the Eeveelution can learn bite and Jolteon, Flareon, and Glaceon can learn Thunder, Fire and Ice fang respectively. Just because they're not drawn with fangs most of the time doesn't mean they don't have them.

Being shown with them is key though...something with prominent fangs will generally be regarded as fiercer than something without them...fangs are usually added to promote ferocity...take floatzel for example compare it with glaceon...which one looks fiercer? The one with the fangs...or luxray and jolteon...arcanine and flareon...it's not the possession of the fangs but the accentuation of them that provides an overall general image...

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The one thing I've noticed with all the fan art is that it displays Ninfia as a female, but I think if be kind of funny to have a male version

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

They could still be fang-less. Having no arms didn't stop Wooper from being able to learn Ice Punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.