• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
Damn still waitin on some new designs! Has it been revealed what type ninfia is, or what ninfias English name is? And I hope it has a counterpart, since all eeveelutions have had atleast one more released with them
(P.s) just realized if ninfias name is nineon in English, it would be like the ninth pokemon of the eevee family(counting eevee) so nineon would make sense for a English name...

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Damn still waitin on some new designs! Has it been revealed what type ninfia is, or what ninfias English name is? And I hope it has a counterpart, since all eeveelutions have had atleast one more released with them
(P.s) just realized if ninfias name is nineon in English, it would be like the ninth pokemon of the eevee family(counting eevee) so nineon would make sense for a English name...

How did you figure that out? I call bull

silver_phoenix

Fluffy Pokemon Trainer
I like the name Ninfia beter than Nineon. And it looks like it MAY be a normal type. HOWEVER I speculate something weirder....it looks a lot like Victini in a way, don't you agree? What if, like Black Kyurem/White Kyurem, it's a fusion type of Pokemon fusing Evee with Victini? That would be really cool! Just look at the similarities!

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
Being shown with them is key though...something with prominent fangs will generally be regarded as fiercer than something without them...fangs are usually added to promote ferocity...take floatzel for example compare it with glaceon...which one looks fiercer? The one with the fangs...or luxray and jolteon...arcanine and flareon...it's not the possession of the fangs but the accentuation of them that provides an overall general image...

Correction...the fangs were only seen in the flyer for the movie flyer. Not its official artwork.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I like the name Ninfia beter than Nineon. And it looks like it MAY be a normal type. HOWEVER I speculate something weirder....it looks a lot like Victini in a way, don't you agree? What if, like Black Kyurem/White Kyurem, it's a fusion type of Pokemon fusing Evee with Victini? That would be really cool! Just look at the similarities!

When I first saw Nimfia, I thought it was a new form of Victini. Other than that, I believe unless a new type revealed, she is going to be a normal, fighting or flying type in my opinion.

I also thought the same thing. Even though I don't believe these two won't be sharing any kind of evolutionary similarities, these two are just look the same.

XXD17

Draco rex
Correction...the fangs were only seen in the flyer for the movie flyer. Not its official artwork.

facepalm...I don't think you can see fangs when the mouth is closed can you? You can't see serperior's fangs when it's mouth is closed, samurott's fangs when its mouth is closed, luxray's fangs when it's mouth is closed, etc...I mean ninfia is still has to have the cutesy factor all the eeveelutions have...a snaggle-toothed appearance with fangs poking out would detract from that...

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Damn still waitin on some new designs! Has it been revealed what type ninfia is, or what ninfias English name is?

No, and no. That said, it's likely that we'll learn of its English name soon; CoroCoro officially releases tomorrow so Ninfia will officially be revealed tomorrow, and given the whole worldwide release, its possible that it will be officially revealed to the English audience as well very soon.

HOWEVER I speculate something weirder....it looks a lot like Victini in a way, don't you agree? What if, like Black Kyurem/White Kyurem, it's a fusion type of Pokemon fusing Evee with Victini? That would be really cool! Just look at the similarities!

ninfia.jpg
200px-494Victini.png

Apart from the large blue eyes and the general shape of the head, Victini and Ninfia don't really share any aesthetic similarities at all.

XXD17

Draco rex
No, and no. That said, it's likely that we'll learn of its English name soon; CoroCoro officially releases tomorrow so Ninfia will officially be revealed tomorrow, and given the whole worldwide release, its possible that it will be officially revealed to the English audience as well very soon.

ninfia.jpg
200px-494Victini.png

Apart from the large blue eyes and the general shape of the head, Victini and Ninfia don't really share any aesthetic similarities at all.

I think people focused more on the color scheme...the widow's peak, the orange/ red extremities and ears, the baby blue eyes, the fangs, the beige/ blue/ red colors...The body shape and general features look nothing alike but the color choice, allocation, and distribution are only shy of spot on...

Man, I've been reading so much about Sound and Light types...

...How bout

Ninfia, the attraction type pokemon

This type is weak against normal, but strong against Dragon

Pokemon like Clefairy, Jigglypuff, and Blissey are changed to this type, and so are moves like tailwhip, growl, charm, and attract.

Abilities can be something like this:

Cutesy: Doubles the status effects of attraction type moves
Beautiful: Weakens the defenses of pokemon of the opposite gender by two

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Man, I've been reading so much about Sound and Light types...

Light is up for debate, but I can guarantee you that there won't be a Sound-type, since Sound is already a sub-type.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Isn't there going to be a Nintendo Direct tomorrow morning at 6 AM PST? You think it will reveal much about pokemon?

WaffleCopter

<-- Kamehameha!!!
Isn't there going to be a Nintendo Direct tomorrow morning at 6 AM PST? You think it will reveal much about pokemon?

Yes, the Nintendo Direct Episode will be 37 minutes long according to the description. So I believe they will reveal stuff.

Mudster

Master of the Legend
I think Ninfia will be flying type. As some people have said, it has visual traits shared with Skyla, and when you consider that Shaymin's sky forme doesn't really look like a flying type either, I think it will fly in much the same way. It is also the lightest of all the eeveelutions so far. Maybe it'll be dragon type but I'm not sure.

I'm hoping for maybe two more eeveelutions, maybe make the items to obtain them version exclusive?

BBtheASH

A Fairy Specialized Trainer
facepalm...I don't think you can see fangs when the mouth is closed can you? You can't see serperior's fangs when it's mouth is closed, samurott's fangs when its mouth is closed, luxray's fangs when it's mouth is closed, etc...I mean ninfia is still has to have the cutesy factor all the eeveelutions have...a snaggle-toothed appearance with fangs poking out would detract from that...

"I don't think you can see fangs when the mouth is closed"

Hence my arguement.

Solacen

I dont really see the similarities except perhaps the eyes. Sure they are both blue eyed but the shapes are different. Plus Victini is not exactly a common or easy to get pokemon :p

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
Lets talk about the third legend which will be in the mascot trio. Sadly I think it will be another dragon. I would be cool if it was dragon/ground

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Lets talk about the third legend which will be in the mascot trio. Sadly I think it will be another dragon. I would be cool if it was dragon/ground

Dragon/Poison has been suggested a lot, considering that a lot of people believe it will be based on Nidhoggr from Norse mythology.

C.y.a.n

Ace Trainer
I think it will be a Poison/Ground type snake (Z=Snake if some people are right about the origins of Xerneas and Yveltal)

I would hate a snake legendary even though I don't no why. I hope it's based on Nidhoggr instead
Dragon/Poison has been suggested a lot, considering that a lot of people believe it will be based on Nidhoggr from Norse mythology.

Dragon/poison would be a interesting design. I could see it having spikes like torns across its body

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.