• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairy Jon

I haven't played KH. I'm not sexist. I'm talking from personal experience and research. I only said that they are slightly so, because keys are currently very popular to wear as a necklace pendant. You can see the motif in a lot of women's' accessories. That's not sexist, that's an observation.

Are you asking me how 'femme fatale'-tactics are not feminine? To quote GoT: "Men use blades, poison is a woman's weapon."

About Dedenne, I was talking about how the Pika-Clones are in general cute and solely made to make a consistent marketing ploy. It's something we expect, and that they know will sell, if only they make it cute enough. Hence why waiting for a not cute Pika-clone will not happen.

Yes, cute can kick butt, look at Gardevoir! But it still did get a male counterpart, which is GF underlining that it's a very feminine looking pokemon. Then they attached the Fairy-type to a very feminine looking pokemon. 1+1=2.

Sylveon also gets its butt handed to it by a bit of smudge, how's that not girly? GREAT ARGUMENT THERE.

Honestly, you nitwits can go and call me sexist all you want, although you probably even don't really know what that mean. I'm NOT sexist, I have great respect for women, the only argument here is that GF tipped the scale with this type, which makes it effeminate, that doesn't equal bad. Again, not knocking on the Fairy-type for being girly and therefore useless, but for GF for not generally making a balanced type. Come back with a textual analysis of the current media-landscape on how many times the word 'elegant' is used for/and within a feminine context and a masculine context, and then we can talk.
"Effeminate" is not a positive adjective. It's normally used in a negative context.
How is getting your butt handed to you buy smudge girly? o.0 How does that even make sense?

Ezzy

Dark Type Gym Leader
Last time I left we had found out about all the evolutions ( Goodra, Gorgeist, Clawitzer, etc.)

Has there been anything new leaked?

strikeZone13

Merc with a mouth
I love you. Will you marry me?

Sure, let's go to California and get this thing rolling.

To keep this whithin the realms of conversation, I want the Z thingy to be the serpent in the ocean from Norse myth.

Regality

Digital King
What if.. you go there, and you see Mewtwo fighting a giant basilisk killer snake dragon, and you temporarily team up to capture/slaughter it and after the battle Mewtwo starts roaming around the region?

A long shot, but possible!

Jabberjaw

Look at it this way guys... In a few months time when all the dust settles and people start comparing generations 1-6 in terms of which had the best new pokedex... Which other Pokedex(New Pokemon) could you put X & Y in front of? It's lacking so much in terms of type representation, number of pokemon ect. that I have to say it's inferior to all other Regions. That is a sad thing to have to say, but can you honestly say it's better than any other Region? Now, that IS a problem.

jPottie

I also think 70 new Pokémon is a great number, considering previous generations "new Pokémon" consisted of a lot of pre-evos and evolutions, leaving actually new species of Pokémon to about the amount we're getting now. If Mega Evos were counted as new Pokémon, we'd match that number.

Plus, quality > quantity. I easily disliked over half the Unova Pokémon, but I think pretty much all of this generations designs are A+!

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
I actually really love the pokemon in this gen. There has never been another gen where i could look at almost every pokemon and say I like that. A lot of the pokemon actually look like pokemon i will love and enjoy using ahahahah

Sheyenne Thunderstorm

Thunder Trainer
I also think 70 new Pokémon is a great number, considering previous generations "new Pokémon" consisted of a lot of pre-evos and evolutions, leaving actually new species of Pokémon to about the amount we're getting now. If Mega Evos were counted as new Pokémon, we'd match that number.

Plus, quality > quantity. I easily disliked over half the Unova Pokémon, but I think pretty much all of this generations designs are A+!
The 6 grn look all cool to me

grassftw

What if.. you go there, and you see Mewtwo fighting a giant basilisk killer snake dragon, and you temporarily team up to capture/slaughter it and after the battle Mewtwo starts roaming around the region?

A long shot, but possible!

That would be sick!

Icepath

Nintendo is going to throw us a surprise grenade and make it anything but a snake. I'm calling it now.

In all seriousness, a serpent/snake is the best thing I can think of. Any other good or creative ideas?

Ihatezigzagoon

Because it sucks.
People, it's just a game. There are more important things in life than arguing about it. Like wether or not Suicune is in the game. Amirite? Ok but seriously, I hope there is at least 2-3 new locations post-E4. And any news on a Battle Frontier / PWT type of place?

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
So is it confirmed that there is only 70 new pokemon in X and Y? Source? I've been avoiding this thread ever since people mentioned the elite 4 and such, I don't want that stuff being spoiled.

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
It is somewhat disappointing to only be getting 70 this generation, but alongside the Mega evolutions and the shift to 3D, I definitely think it's worth it. Plus, we did get some awesome new Pokemon this generation to play with, and really, isn't that all that matters?

They could've evened out the types a bit, though... they're really skewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.