• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenksy

Pokemon Princess
We haven't had any "baby" pokemon in a while, have we? :(

TWN

5326 7398 1244
I've got a prediction on the Z monster:

He will be a living serpentine skeleton. As a representation of the afterlife, he will be deep underground (hell, hades) and will look like he has long been dead. This is also why his residence is called "Terminus Cave". In Z Version, he will be revived into either a purple-and-black water-type serpent Pokemon or a yellow-and-black ground-type serpent Pokemon. I'm leaning toward the latter since he is in a coal mine.

Last edited:

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
Thats not DLC though... They were programmed to be in the game. Before they came out anyone could get them through action replay or any other method of hacking so it wasn't considered DLC. I get what your saying, but its not possible. Sure there will be event legendaries like the ones in gen 4, but they're wont be any new regular Pokemon added.

It's not possible... I can't even. Do you even believe that?

Patches. That's all I'm saying. If you have never heard of that, google is your friend. :)

lavanda

Really feeling it
A bow from Fire Emblem that is a sacred twin...
Thank you so much. People were talking about Nidhoggr and I knew I had heard that name before, but couldn't recall where. It's like a weight has been lifted from my mind now.

noakai

I don't like the idea of DLC Pokemon like that just because then it might become like this thing they do when they rush a game out - like "we'll just fill in the rest later with DLC." 360/PS3 games have a habit of putting out DLC for things that should have been in the game anyway or were in the game but taken out. I know they already kinda do that with legendaries but I wouldn't wanna see that with regular Pokemon, too.

So i'm curious? Who is the Pseudo-legendary this generation? Goomy's evolutionary chain? Because if so...that...would...be....awesome.

#Team Goomy

Fairy Jon

In age of mythology, Nidhogg was a dragon with Stantler like antlers.

Anyway I thought Wyrm's were supposed to be serpentine dragons, but I guess there can be other kinds.

So I'm guessing that Wyvern's have hind legs, but no forearms and Wyrms have no legs at all? (Damn you Dragon's Dogma)
I guess that means MegaZardX is our Drake then? If Nidhoggr was Dragon/Ghost, I'd be happy since I'm not fan of Giratina. In Dragon's Dogma, the Wyrm is essentially a mage-like, cold breathing dragon. What kinds of actual mythological dragons have not been included though?

Not counting megas and legendaries, we don't actually have a stereotypical fire breathing dragon do we? (unless Charizard or other dragons count).

Regality

Digital King
So i'm curious? Who is the Pseudo-legendary this generation? Goomy's evolutionary chain? Because if so...that...would...be....awesome.

#Team Goomy

I think the only other candidate is the Honedge line?

DemonDragon

Ironclad trainer
Regarding DLC, Masuda pretty much stated not to expect it. I don't see them coming unless perhaps game play patches? Not sure how that works with the 3ds (only got one recently). Pokemon wise there might be a few event legends as usual and Perhaps some megas will be event (i.e. Blaziken) but I see that as the extent of it.
At the end of the day it is still a new Pokemon game and most of us will likely enjoy it. 70 New pokes is low, but there are 450 in the region dex? low amount of new pokemon or not, that is a large dex with many possibilities. Let's leave the jury out until we play them ourselves. For all we know they might want to end it at 1000 and so want to hold out enough new pokes to make the remaining amount last a couple more gens. They also had to limit 3D in these so maybe they held back some wanting to save them for a proper 3D gen? Who knows, be glad for a new adventure.

On topic, we still waiting on those last few spots in the region dexes? And perhaps someone can post those on the front page for easy access? Only saw something for new gen 6 pokes on the front page.

Rykel22

Info Gatherer

#Team Goomy

It could be Goomy line or honedge line. Which is interestion choices. One is monotype with no immunity and the other reaches stage 3 via stone.

ColdCarnage

Z legendary will most likely be something like Rayquaza, not how he looks, but how he controls Xerneas and Yveltal. For example if Xerneas and Yveltal get in a fight, Z legendary is the one that can break it up and balance everything.

shadow wolf

The one and only!
What the hell is Nidhoggr?

A creature from Norse Mythology.

A Dragon/Poison would have been nice by now, and if it had been in this gen, I'd have used it (Preferably a physical attacker) even if it evolved at level 100. I'm more disappointed about there not being any bug types I liked as opposed to the low number of pokes this gen (though I like the majority of them save a few.)

I was really hoping we'd get a dolphin, a water/bug(diving bell spider), a Cockroach, and a Komodo Dragon Pokemon. Still though, I did get Greninja, Talonflame, Trevenant, Tyrantrum, Klefki, and Hawlucha. I only dislike Diggersby (I don't like rabbits), and Vivillion (Bug/Flying AGAIN?!?!)

Yeah it would of been nice, we were so close with Goodra, I made myself sad.

Gensect is a cockroach. One of the dragons may be based on a Komodo, while we're on it a monitor lizard would be a nice addition as well. As for the diving bell spider, I'd say surskit is pretty close, even though it's a water strider. Yeah a dolphin would of been nice, funny considering dolphins being popular; you know what, I'm going to rationalizing it as Japan just being itself! =D

Bus

#Team Goomy

If its true its final form isn't attained until level 70, then I'd have to say it's probably the Pseudo-legend

Status
Not open for further replies.