• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaziken77

I asked a few pages earlier but looks like nobody saw since this thread goes by so fast haha
Has Elekid or his evolutionary line been seen yet????

dman_dustin

So I'm guessing that Wyvern's have hind legs, but no forearms and Wyrms have no legs at all? (Damn you Dragon's Dogma)
I guess that means MegaZardX is our Drake then? If Nidhoggr was Dragon/Ghost, I'd be happy since I'm not fan of Giratina. In Dragon's Dogma, the Wyrm is essentially a mage-like, cold breathing dragon. What kinds of actual mythological dragons have not been included though?

Not counting megas and legendaries, we don't actually have a stereotypical fire breathing dragon do we? (unless Charizard or other dragons count).

I'm not sure.

Onix and Steelix especially Steelix is supposed to be based on a Wyrm.

But google images show regular looking dragons.

But Wyrm was supposed to mean a snake like Dragon.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
It could be Goomy line or honedge line. Which is interestion choices. One is monotype with no immunity and the other reaches stage 3 via stone.

Which one needs a stone to evolve?

Goomy line or Honedge line.
In all honesty i might not even evolve it. It reminds me so much of Litwick. And i love Litwick. The 1st stage pokemon in this generation on a scale of 1-10 have a cuteness overload in the 9-10 range. Possibly my favorite stage 1 pokemon atm is the little ice pokemon..mite something..

Aqua Ring

Guy Next Door
I'm not too disappointed that we didn't get as many pokemon this generation. For me, just having the game set in a totally different region with new locations is very exciting. Although I do find some of the designs absolutely hideous (Barbaracle, Avalugg), there are also really beautiful and attractive ones too (Florges, Goodra, Furfrou). Why so much hate on Gen 5? Gen 5 has amazing designs (Serperior, Simisage, Excadrill, Scolipede, Volcarona, etc).

Back on topic. Do you guys think there will be a legendary trio? And how many more mega evolutions do you think there will be?

BlackAngel

Eevee Enthusiast
Would be pretty funny if next generation we only get 50 new Pokemon, then everyone just says "well it's only 20 less than last generation, plus we got 20 new mega forms." AKA redesigns of existing Pokemon (add some horns, fangs, wings, spikes, and done). "If you don't like it don't buy it." The constant fall back argument everyone uses. Just seems a little ridiculous to tell a fellow Pokemon fan that. When people grow content that's when the number of new Pokemon will drop, because Nintendo does listen to some overall feedback, negative or positive.

Anyways looking forward to this generation. :)

I asked a few pages earlier but looks like nobody saw since this thread goes by so fast haha

I don't think it has, but I'm not that sure. All the Pokemon discovered can be found on the first post of this thread though, so try checking in the mountain dex.

Fairy Jon

Z legendary will most likely be something like Rayquaza, not how he looks, but how he controls Xerneas and Yveltal. For example if Xerneas and Yveltal get in a fight, Z legendary is the one that can break it up and balance everything.

I don't think that will be the case this time around. If anything, the only violent one of the two initial X/Y legends is Yveltal (it symbolizes death and Oblivion wing is death wing in Japan); Xerneas appears to symbolize life and harmony and even has a move called Geomancy(Geocontrol) which I assume to be based around controlling the life around it. I would imagine that the Z legendary is more of a neutral being or something else completely. If it's Ghost/Dragon, both legends can wreck its face (type matchup wise).

I don't think so. I haven't seen anything on the Magmar line either. Usually both of those lines are found in the same place in opposite versions.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
What ever happened to that ice wolf? I was really looking forward to that.

Burigaron's derivation was supposed to translate into the blizzard wolf.
Horubii was assumed to be a bee, but it turned out to be a bunny (Bunnelby).

The etymology is fan speculation. Burigaron could actually be Bergmite/Avalugg.

Jabberjaw

How many spaces do we have left in the Pokedex for new, nonlegendary pokemon? 1,2,3?

Lost Lore

Diving Deep

No, it hasn't. There are still several spaces in both Coastal and Mountain so it's a possibility, however.

grassftw

Would be pretty funny if next generation we only get 50 new Pokemon, then everyone just says "well it's only 20 less than last generation, plus we got 20 new mega forms." AKA redesigns of existing Pokemon (add some horns, fangs, wings, spikes, and done). "If you don't like it don't buy it." The constant fall back argument everyone uses. Just seems a little ridiculous to tell a fellow Pokemon fan that. When people grow content that's when the number of new Pokemon will drop, because Nintendo does listen to some overall feedback, negative or positive.

Anyways looking forward to this generation. :)

Same here. GEN 6 FTW!!!

I love the pokemon community but sometimes there is a close minded mentality. Be open to ideas! Especially ones that are possible, especially on a console such as the 3DS :)

I totally agree with you. It's hard for some Pokefans to be open minded when they have set standards for the game (Like Genwunners for instance). Anyone who is complaining have set standards on how a game SHOULD be, and that is never the case. Play the game people, and perhaps you will enjoy it despite your "disappointments".

Blaziken77

I'm not too disappointed that we didn't get as many pokemon this generation. For me, just having the game set in a totally different region with new locations is very exciting. Although I do find some of the designs absolutely hideous (Barbaracle, Avalugg), there are also really beautiful and attractive ones too (Florges, Goodra, Furfrou). Why so much hate on Gen 5? Gen 5 has amazing designs (Serperior, Simisage, Excadrill, Scolipede, Volcarona, etc).

Back on topic. Do you guys think there will be a legendary trio? And how many more mega evolutions do you think there will be?

I think there might be 30-35 Mega Evolutions all together

lavanda

Really feeling it
If its true its final form isn't attained until level 70, then I'd have to say it's probably the Pseudo-legend
I did stat calcs (some other guy too) and Goodra's BST seems to be 600. I did for Aegislash too, but I haven't seen others around, so I can't be certain. But I would say it's below 550. Also, an Elite Four uses Aegislash, and the champion uses Goodra. Makes more sense for the champion to have the pseudo.

Status
Not open for further replies.