• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ib4

Xenlon Cavalier
I think this will be our list of legendaries:

Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Mewtwo
Xerneas
Yveltal
A squirrel Pokemon? (Guess based on the Norse mythology legend)
The Z Pokemon

Why would we see so few comparably? The past few gens have seen a major jump, and that takes us back to Gen 3 #s

MoonkinNipples17

Any word on whether or not the Togepi line is accessible or re-typed?

Kinda sad there are so few 3 stage families, but I'll deal. This gen really felt special, kinda bummed it's so little. Mega Evo's are great and all, I just wish it wasn't seemingly a reason to dwarf the new pool of pokemon. Still really excited to play, those are just my thoughts.

Unredemption

If you use a repel it asks if you want to use another once it has worn off!

This has been in place since BW2, but I'm really glad we're getting it back. They should implement more of these UI changes (like the key item selection one) to make the experience more streamlined for players.

strikeZone13

Merc with a mouth
Well, I've always considered Mightyena more of a Hyena, but I didn't forget about Mightyena since it's one of my favorite Pokemon (always use it during Gen3 playthroughs). I really want a Bipedal wolf though, even based around the moon if it must be cliche. The only thing is the typing really.

A werewolf would have to be dark, or Dark/Fighting unless it's a gimmicky one then it could be like Dark/Electric or something

grassftw

Guys. THE F****** trainer with 6 MAGIKARPS is back. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torus333

Fakemon Artist
I'm sorry but I don't see sense in this kind of logic. I think people who buy a game system for one game are fools.

But anyways hoping the Z legend is a Poison/Ground serpent.

Well I'm pretty sure over mostof the people who bought X and Y bought a 3DS as well.. we had no choice. And many people just play Pokemon, including myself.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
Another theory: Post game, each section of the dex, Central-Coastal-Mountain each get a roaming legendary which goes at spot number 151.

Maybe not even a roamer, that's just an example but the point I am putting forward is perhaps there is space in the post game for a couple of extra legendaries in each of the regional dexes after the 'last' 150 spot.

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
I think i may like the 70 pokemon thing better. I always found myself forgetting pokemon in gens and planning to use some but then they end uup lost in the shuffle ..... making a team was a total nightmare. This time around it's been easier ahaahahha and they have introduced a lot of pokemon i have really liked (Flabebe, Gourgeist, Furfrou, Vivillion, Aromatisse ect.)

Rio!

Composer
Quote Originally Posted by Torus333 View Post
Especially with this huge lack of new Pokemon, I feel like Ive been ripped off.. In every new game/generation, the thing I look forward to the most are new Pokemon. I didn't mind the unveiling of Megas, but now that we have such few new Pokemon revealed, I cant help but feel hatred towards Megas. $190 on a game(since i bought the 3ds just for this), and Im catching 70 new Pokemon only? What am I supposed to look forwardd to then? ...Pokemon Amie?

Might want to get Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem Awakening to make your purchase a bit more worth it, lul.

If you use a repel it asks if you want to use another once it has worn off!

..so, has the Aron line been spotted anywhere yet?

I think I remember the middle evo being stored in someone's box off one of those leaked images.
I need to check again...

Just noticed Noivern's pre-evo, awww. 8D

Last edited:

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
A trainer with a team of six Magikarps is a game staple... can't say I'm surprised. GF just thinks they're funny.

shadow wolf

The one and only!
Well, I've always considered Mightyena more of a Hyena, but I didn't forget about Mightyena since it's one of my favorite Pokemon (always use it during Gen3 playthroughs). I really want a Bipedal wolf though, even based around the moon if it must be cliche. The only thing is the typing really.

Haha, I made an oppsie, thank you to everyone who corrected me on that.

Now moon theme I'd see as water, rock, psychic, dark, ice, and fairy being the possibilities to convey a lunar theme; some are less obvious than other though. Now I have no idea what this have to do with a were-wolf though.

Coller23

Aggron Extraordinair
Well I'm pretty sure over mostof the people who bought X and Y bought a 3DS as well.. we had no choice. And many people just play Pokemon, including myself.

Well if people wanted to be smart they could have waited till reviews came out or the game itself came out. You have no one to blame but yourself for giving in to the hype and buying a 3DS way before you really knew much about the game.

Sonseray

I am absolutely fine with 70 new pokemon. You people are babies. Especially since it's 70 quality pokemon. Some of these, like tyrantrum and noivern and Aegislash with his ability are some of my favorite pokemon since kanto. Not to mention this is going to be a 3d pokemon game, and mega evolutions look awesome. Gen 5 had a bunch of new pokemon and most of them were trash. I think it's good that they focused on quality as opposed to quantity.

Fairy Jon

A werewolf would have to be dark, or Dark/Fighting unless it's a gimmicky one then it could be like Dark/Electric or something

I'd like a Fairy/Fighting Werewolf. A really mean looking Werewolf too; that would really make the Fairy typing kind of just jump out as random and unexpected, and then it could use Moonblast. In all seriousness though, Dark or Dark/Fighting seem like the most probable. Although, they could use Water/Fighting since the moon and the water tend to be connected somewhat.

strikeZone13

Merc with a mouth
Haha, I made an oppsie, thank you to everyone who corrected me on that.

Now moon theme I'd see as water, rock, psychic, dark, ice, and fairy being the possibilities to convey a lunar theme; some are less obvious than other though. Now I have no idea what this have to do with a were-wolf though.

He mentioned that he wanted a bipedal wolf.

*edit* Greninja'd by the guy the question was about lol

NaturallyDark

I am of Shadows

Oi! Same here. It isn't a waste, even for those who are now disappointed; Ruby and Sapphire remakes are just around the corner, and they won't be for DS Lite, that's for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.