• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
If pokemon ever made a grass/fire type, I would see it as a jack o' lantern design. That's actually fitting for a Europe based region. I'm expecting to see some European dragons. I'm probably hoping too much, but I want to see a dolphin pokemon. You would think Nintendo would make one at this point.

KKS-Lapras

The thing is, with new eeveelutions comes a new evolution method. And it might not only be Eevee who is exposed to this method. I'm also hoping the technique will be something relative to the type, like it has been for the most part of the evolution methods implemented. I don't want something as simple as evolution in a certain area or with an item. They could even do something Eevee exclusive, with possibly more than one new method.

Steel, Ghost, Dragon, Bug, Rock, Ground, Poison, Flying and Fighting are the types without an eeveelution attached to them (With Dragon seeming the most likely to turn up next)

I thought maybe that instead of certain weather conditions in certain areas or at certain parts, if it was completely random and effected all areas just like it does in the normal world. Maybe something like Eevee evolving into Ground-Eevee when leveled up during a Standstorm. Other new methods could be something like certain health effects (Eeevee evolves into Poison-Eevee if leveled up while Poisoned.

I question why people think Dragon is the next most likely type for an Eeveelution. Dragon/Fighting/Flying/Bug, those 4 types seem very unlikely to me, as they require a structural change that, in context of Eevee's predisposition to evolve based on it's environment, there is no feasible reason for any of those types.

All the other types there is an argument to be made;
Water/Ice/Grass/Ground/Rock-everywhere in nature
Fire/Poison/Steel/Electric-the games and Anime have introduced reasonable environments to explain these evolutions, from volcanoes and toxins in the environment to magnetic caves.
Normal-just an extension of Eevee's standard type, which upon evolution would shed it's genetic instability.
Psychic/Dark-partially related to the environment and partially to the mood/mental state/feelings of the Pokemon
Ghost-something to do with the environment created in graveyards and haunted towers.

There are no feasible environmental conditions that make sense for Fighting/Flying/Bug/Dragon type evolutions.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
I can't wait for the new games!
Excluding Gen 1, every even generation number has had two more eeveelutions.
I hope that there are more in X and Y!

But Gen 1 is an odd number, it's allowed to have more than two if it chooses or have none. As for even gens you are right, that's how it's been going.

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
I question why people think Dragon is the next most likely type for an Eeveelution. Dragon/Fighting/Flying/Bug, those 4 types seem very unlikely to me, as they require a structural change that, in context of Eevee's predisposition to evolve based on it's environment, there is no feasible reason for any of those types.

All prior eeveelutions have been of 'special' types (grass/electric/fire/etc), the only one left is dragon. Following a pattern over here.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
Isn't dark a physical type though? We have Umbreon so a psychical type can show up if it chooses to. Also for more special types we still have ghost too so dragon isn't the last special type left.

Last edited:

Aurath8

Isn't dark as physical type though? We have Umbreon so a psychical type can show up if it chooses to.

Dark was a special type until the physical/special split in Gen4. I'd like a Dragon Eeveelution but I doubt they'll do the other 9 types for a long time.

BunniBear4

Pokémon Trainer
Dark was a special type until the physical/special split in Gen4. I'd like a Dragon Eeveelution but I doubt they'll do the other 9 types for a long time.

Ah. I really wasn't thinking thinking about the pre-Gen IV. I was thinking about stats but you're right.

confuser987

All the other types there is an argument to be made;
Water/Ice/Grass/Ground/Rock-everywhere in nature
Fire/Poison/Steel/Electric-the games and Anime have introduced reasonable environments to explain these evolutions, from volcanoes and toxins in the environment to magnetic caves.
Normal-just an extension of Eevee's standard type, which upon evolution would shed it's genetic instability.
Psychic/Dark-partially related to the environment and partially to the mood/mental state/feelings of the Pokemon
Ghost-something to do with the environment created in graveyards and haunted towers.

There are no feasible environmental conditions that make sense for Fighting/Flying/Bug/Dragon type evolutions.

If there will be a Dragon Eevee, then I hope that it can't learn dragon dance because then it can baton pass it. I hope that a Dragon Eevee has poor defenses to make up the high offense.

KKS-Lapras

All prior eeveelutions have been of 'special' types (grass/electric/fire/etc), the only one left is dragon. Following a pattern over here.

Isn't dark as physical type though? We have Umbreon so a psychical type can show up if it chooses to.

All those types are based in nature though, how would a Dragon-type evolution be brought about from nature.

ChaosCaptain

Definitely something
I thnk they will experiment more with split evolutinary lines, for example they could have a pokemon thaat either becomes a Knight-like Fighting/Fire type if it evolves in the day or a theif-like Fighting/Dark type if evolved at night. They could also have a split evolutinary line based of if the pokemon likes you or not, if it likes you it will evolve into one pokemon if it doesn't it will evolve into a different pokemon. There any other number of factors to be considered like location and held items.

Beastly

Isn't that what the B button is for?

Yes. I just feel like it's too risky. Some people may not realize what it's evolving into and then it's too late. There's the case of Umbreon and Espeon, but that stuff is avoidable. If you don't want to evolve it into one or the other, don't use Eevee until it's the right time of day for you. With a poison/sandstorm evolution you have no control whenever these will pop up during a battle. It just inconveniences the player.

willda

Fire starter
All those types are based in nature though, how would a Dragon-type evolution be brought about from nature.

In that case I can really get behind a ground eevoution and a poison one, similar to level up at ice/ moss rock evolution

Overkill™

Snowflake!
If pokemon ever made a grass/fire type, I would see it as a jack o' lantern design. That's actually fitting for a Europe based region. I'm expecting to see some European dragons. I'm probably hoping too much, but I want to see a dolphin pokemon. You would think Nintendo would make one at this point.

when I think grass/fire, I think of hot peppers :)

Also I tjink there will be lots of new split evolution and methods involving gender, or other DNA involving methods. Worth discussing, but I a willing to bet that there will be a handfull of poke which their evo is based on gender.

I can actually see a natural reason for bug and fighting.

Bug because (although this would be a creepy eeveelution), could have been brought on by getting infected by fleas. So many fleas ended up on its body that it created it's own subtype and with eevees loose genetic make-up, it wouldn't be so farfetched to say that if eggs were laid on it, it could adversely affect it's DNA.

Fighting is plausible because I can just see an eeveee striving for strength and working so hard that it gained extra muscles and shed it fighting type.

KKS-Lapras

I can actually see a natural reason for bug and fighting.

Bug because (although this would be a creepy eeveelution), could have been brought on by getting infected by fleas. So many fleas ended up on its body that it created it's own subtype and with Eevees loose genetic make-up, it wouldn't be so farfetched to say that if eggs were laid on it, it could adversely affect it's DNA.

Fighting is plausible because I can just see an eeveee striving for strength and working so hard that it gained extra muscles and shed it fighting type.

Your Bug type theory is gross, and a big stretch. Eevee training for strength, who's to say it wouldn't just evolve into one of the other types, as structurally, Fighting type evolution just seems unlikely.

Your Bug type theory is gross, and a big stretch. Eevee training for strength, who's to say it wouldn't just evolve into one of the other types, as structurally, Fighting type evolution just seems unlikely.

Well the fighting eevee would probably end up being some kind of new item evolution, probably leveling it up while it's holding some kind of weight.

Really, all types can offer a viable explanation.

Shiny Rokon

I think they will save the kangaskhan pre-evolved form when they base a region in australia lol, but would they just take it out of the pouch and seperate it?! could have been easily done in gen 2. I guess it would b silly to bring it in when we are in france.

ChaosCaptain

Definitely something
As far as Eeveelutions go I am hopeing for a flying evolution as well as a Dragon type. Other than that it's about time for a dolphin pokemon, a honey badger, and a legndary pokemon that evolves.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
As far as Eeveelutions go I am hopeing for a flying evolution as well as a Dragon type. Other than that it's about time for a dolphin pokemon, a honey badger, and a legndary pokemon that evolves.

Flying and Dragon eeveelutions are the most desired out of the possibilities, along with steel and poison, but I guess we'll see. And...a legendary pokemon that evolves...no, just no. Then it wouldn't be a legendary as it's widely known that legendary is a legendary for many reasons, one of which is that it doesn't evolve. An evolving legendary would then be classified as a pseudo-legendary, since they can evolve but have the stats that are comparable with a legendary's stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.