• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdCarnage

That's probably the point; it lives down in an abandoned mine, where this isn't a lot of light. What does it need to be seeing?

I'm sure it goes outside of a mine too. The movie featuring him won't just have him bottled up inside a cave. Its going to have to see trainers, other Pokemon, and Team Flare if they decide to abuse it.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
Whatever, still a huge comedown for dragon lovers from Gen V's amazing Dragon types.

When I'm an Ice-type fanatic, to whine about Dragon-types after what's happened to Ice-types (or lack of, should I say) is a complete and utter travesty. Ice-types once again have got shafted this generation. And only two lines introduced - one looks brilliant and the other is another mono-Ice with awful stat distribution and probably Awful move pool, like most mono-Ice types that were introduced last generation. I hope I am proved wrong with Avalugg.

But why people moan about Dragon-types, who have been King of the Hill for aeons, whereas Ice-type Pokemon have lulled in the realms of mediocrity and substandardness and have been fighting against the tide since the dawn of time, and have been further shafted this generation is quite extraordinary.

Underachiever007

Dang, pangoro has great stats.

Yup, my man (panda?) Pangoro is looking to be awesome. I generally don't like repeating types on my teams, but I'm tempted to get Hawlucha as well, so that they can form an unstoppable tag team.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Something I still don't understand...If there are only 69 new Pokemon, why reveal over half of them before the game is even released?

They tried to be close to Black/White's pre-release Pokémon count along with the Megas. Probably it was an elaborate ruse to ensure people wouldn't suspect anything, but it didn't thought of the potential hype backlash.

Edit:
Dun dun dunnnnnnn i bet mewtwo and eventual event legends are the only exception
So... what, should I remove it from my non Kalos Dex member list or not?

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Tank or Sturdy Cannon might work for Pangoro's role.
Really looking forward to using Pangoro in battle now.

He's my starter, and I tend to solo, so he'll be in all my battles. Ugh, I can't wait till Saturday.

He's got enough attack to do some serious damage.

LinksOcarina

The true master
Well, I guess I was wrong about my calculations in the end.

If 69 is all we are getting (which I feel like is unlikely, since we have a trio and a mew-style legendary to uncover still I believe) then I can live with that, I didn't expect over 150 again like last time.

The designs are really good though. The one pokemon I am gravitating towards the most is actually Gourgeist, something about that jack o' lanturn is just so alluring to me.

Smogon sadly has no stats for it, from what I can tell I am curious to see if they get something. Still, Gourgeist an Punkaboo are definitely going on my team.

lavanda

Really feeling it
So, Tyrantrum has an apparent BST of 555. That's on par with Arcanine, the highest BST outside legends, pseudo-legends and megas.

Edit: And Pangoro has 550, on par with Volcarona. This gen is really powering up the game.

R_N

They tried to be close to Black/White's pre-release Pokémon count along with the Megas. Probably it was an elaborate ruse to ensure people wouldn't suspect anything, but it didn't thought of the potential hype backlash.

Edit:
So... what, should I remove it from my non Kalos Dex member list or not?

Well it is technically part of the Kalos Dex so...I guess?

Actuall you know what I bet the legendary birds take up those three spaces before Xerneas

Cobalt_Latios

Promotion, people!!

Pokémon fans are very, very demanding.

That's putting it lightly.

Or, you know, the game leaking about a week early.

LavaPLUME

why does noivern get frisk -.- geez. frisk doesnt even take the item. gosh dern it. heres hoping for another ability.

So dreamworld is not implemented this region. i wonder if there will be something to replace it. Hidden abilities saved some of these pokemon from Lamenessicity

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Something I still don't understand...If there are only 69 new Pokemon, why reveal over half of them before the game is even released?

That is the same thing I think a lot of people are wondering. Personally, I think they should of just revealed

- Chespin, Froakie, Fennekin, Xerneas, Yveltal - Obvious.
- Helioptile, Noivern, Gogoat, Sylveon - Anime purposes.
- Bunnelby, Dedenne, Inkay, Fletchling - For pre-XY anime promotion.
- Furfrou - Customization promotion
- Flabébé - Fairy-type promotion alongside-Sylveon.
- Bunnelby, Litleo, Scatterbug, Pancham, - Random Pokémon.
- Mega Mewtwo, Mega Blaziken, Mega Lucario, Mega Venusaur, Mega Charizard X/Y, Mega Blastoise - Animé purposes for the first three (+ Torchic distribution for Blaziken) and storyline purposes for the last three.
And that's it. I will never understand the reason for so many pre-reveals. And I also think they revealed the games WAY too early (Should of been April/May time)

Last edited:

Photonkrios95

That isn't true, remember there are still some megas to be discovered.
By the way am I the only one who finds it weird how only one of the E4 has a mega evo and the others don't?

You say not true then agree with his point. ok then.

The champions have always had something that put them over the E4, Gary, Steven, Cynthia and Alder had mixed teams so they were harder to beat, Lance had Dragons which at the time were a pain and Wallace just simply out leveled them all as they all do.

I'm wondering if the 800 page "Kalos Pokedex Guide" that comes out in December might have a lot more stuff. That's the only reason I can think of for it to be 800 pages when the regular one is 260.

I think the first one is pretty much a walkthrough so like, what items are where, what pokemon are on which route, directions to hidden locations, maps etc...

ans the one you've posted will be a comprehensive guide on the pokemon stats, moves abilities, possibly egg moves etc.

Last edited:

Ver-mont

If 69 is all we are getting (which I feel like is unlikely, since we have a trio and a mew-style legendary to uncover still I believe) then I can live with that, I didn't expect over 150 again like last time.

We don't. Maybe we'll have some hidden event legendaries, but no trio.

We know Zygarde's National Dex number, and there's no free slot between it and Chespin. All taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.