• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
There wouldn't have been hype backlash if the games hadn't leaked. It is truly infuriating that people leaked these games. We knew very little; everyone was excited. I'd wager that people would still be disappointed in some of the choices made concerning X and Y, but I doubt that people would be whinging as much as they are if they had had the chance to play the games first.

We've been robbed of our first chance in ten years to play a game unspoiled, and that isn't right.

To be fair, all the leaks got me even more hyped for the game. I wanted to know all of this stuff before I went in, and not to be rude, but you COULD have avoided it if you wanted to. I know there are plenty of people who are. Hell a lot of my fiends are still mostly spoiler free and I've respected their wishes to not tell them anything.

It's not our fault if you were spoiled when you didn't want to be.

lavanda

Really feeling it

chuy409

Man, according to Smogon Aegislash has at least two stats that are at 150 each. That can't be right ... right?

it is. originally they are defense form. switches to offensive and then switches defense with attacks so it now has 150 but defense 60. A bit gimmicky

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I have an odd question. Is this the first generation to have no genderless Pokemon aside from legendaries?

I can't imagine the swords have genders.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

FennekinBlazes

Gay Mess
We're all here, celebrating the fact we'll play Pokemon Y and be able to get it!

(well, that's just me)

Me too I want my Dragelge or Dragalge or whatever its name is!

LinksOcarina

The true master
To be fair, anyone who was spoiled, but didn't want to be, have only themselves to blame. The only way I saw these leaks was if I went to Pokémon or possibly some gaming sites. If people were spoiled by visiting this site etc. I have no sympathy.

If anything this has proven to be very helpful to Gamefreak, considering the amount of buzz the leaks is getting on the internet.

It is probably going to just generate more interest to see if what was uncovered is correct, which is very likely at this point.

Alli

Of course there would've been regardless, once people played the games and found out, you'd bet that the fans would've reacted the same way they are now. The only difference would be when. The leaks wouldn't have made it any better or any worse.

I don't think we can be too certain about that. I think the reaction to few Pokémon before experiencing the game is easier to complain about (seeing that you lack both the personal experience with the game, and considering the "wow" factor of 3D). If we hadn't known about the low number of new pokémon we would still have reactions within the first days, but not like they've been now! Especially with people already claiming that "fairy types nerfing dragons" work on paper but not in the actual game because of the Pokémon's abilities, moves, stats, etc. when we know very little about them still.

It is very easy to complain about something when you haven't experienced it. Most people bashing Pokémon as a series are those who haven't actually played the games they're bashing, same goes for people who hate on music, performers, tv shows, etc.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
Honestly I'm kinda glad there are only, what looks to be, 3 or 4 legendaries this time around. I dunno I kinda feel like we were over saturated with them in gen 5 and it made them less "legendary" if you will.

I mean think about it, we had the Zekrom Reshiram Kyruem, the 3 swords of justice, Keldeo, The genies, and Genosect. That's 11 in total, not counting all the separate forms. 11 is just WAY to much. I was happy with the 5 we got in gen 1. [4 if you don't count Mew] I'm really just against the over saturation of legendary Pokemon. So 4 is plenty for me, and besides we still have the bird trio. Sure they aren't new but it's at least something to look forward to. On that note still waiting to see if we get that squirrel legendary based on Ratatosk.

I tend to agree with you. Having so many legendaries, just decreases the value of them actually being legendaries, because with so many of them, they are just not legendary anymore.

LinksOcarina

The true master
So wait is he trying to get Gourgeist now, R_N?

Good! Out of all the leaked pokemon that is the one whose design is the most appealing to me.

Hope he figures it out.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I don't think we can be too certain about that. I think the reaction to few Pokémon before experiencing the game is easier to complain about (seeing that you lack both the personal experience with the game, and considering the "wow" factor of 3D). If we hadn't known about the low number of new pokémon we would still have reactions within the first days, but not like they've been now! Especially with people already claiming that "fairy types nerfing dragons" work on paper but not in the actual game because of the Pokémon's abilities, moves, stats, etc. when we know very little about them still.

It is very easy to complain about something when you haven't experienced it. Most people bashing Pokémon as a series are those who haven't actually played the games they're bashing, same goes for people who hate on music, performers, tv shows, etc.

No, it would've. Once the 70 Pokemon were confirmed, there would be waves of anger in the fanbase, that wouldn't change whether it was leaked or not. In fact, you could argue that at least by having this information earlier, fans will have more time to adjust to it. Also, the thing with Fairies is that we do have an idea of how Dragons work and can make educated guesses on those Fairies as well. Of course it's not exact, but it's not a promising picture.

Last edited:

Smeargle1987

Reckless Trainer
What if it wasnt a fake comment though and was real? Nintendo knew how big this game would be and to leak a few fake copies wouldnt cost a great deal-maybe this is the real reason Serebii wont put them up.

Not saying its real but would be a great masterstroke by Nintendo and GF

Where was that thing posted anyhow?

Alder

Come at me bro
So Phantump and Pumpkaboo aren't version exclusives? Or are?

Status
Not open for further replies.