• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dad

For the Patriarch!
There is NO WAY that BW had more sales that XY will. No. Way.
I think XY is going to break records tbh. No matter how much people might complain about the lack of pokemon an blah, blah, blah, at the end of the day, they are still going to buy the games.

The 3DS install base is only a fraction of what the DS install base was at the time of BW's release.

shadow wolf

The one and only!
Haha! Remember when B/W had nothing BUT Unova Pokemon? People complained about no old Pokemon.
Now, they have a boat load of old Pokemon, now there's "not enough New Pokemon". . .

Gawd People. . .

To be fair, there is a happy medium though. Both of these Gen's complaints are falling on opposite extremes of the spectrum.

ohjeezitskim

So I went for a Gamestop interview today, as the guys there told me to apply since we are friends. I asked about XY and if they had them yet and they said no, and they probably won't be getting them until Thursday or Friday. Why would Canadian stores have them two weeks before release and not US store? Especially Gamestop being a big chain here.
Just curious really..

On a side note, I'm excited about all the pokemon, even it being around 70. I'm just disappointed they didn't have any evolutions for older pokemon except megas..(and eevee)
I think the only pokemon I'm not really fond of this gen are Swirlix's line and Spritzee's. Although I'd rather have a Spritzee..
One of my favorites, which I never saw coming was Skrelp's evo. Dragon/Poison type sounds awesome.

Last edited:

cmats4020

You have a very skewed view of how a business operates. GameFreak makes fun and compelling games, we reward them with sales. Gamefreak fails to create what consumers want, we don't reward them with sales. Criticism is part of the equation. Are you enjoying your Stockholm Syndrome?

But it's ridiculous of you to be upset over the limited amount of new Pokemon considering that GameFreak made huge graphic overhauls of every single Pokemon available, created new methods of battling Pokemon, allowed us a character editor, made a new type, and we got Megas. It's pretty selfish to be mad at GF over a small amount of new Pokemon considering they gave us so much in return. Think about all the coding they had to do for us, while some posters are still complaining! It's downright selfish.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Haha! Remember when B/W had nothing BUT Unova Pokemon? People complained about no old Pokemon.
Now, they have a boat load of old Pokemon, now there's "not enough New Pokemon". . .

Gawd People. . .

I think some people wanted at least 100 new Pokemon since all generations prior to this one have had at least that many new Pokemon themselves. Personally I think the mega Pokemon thing is the reason why there are only 69 confirmed new Pokemon at the moment. Clearly Gamefreak spent a lot of time and energy into designing them which resulted in fewer brand-new Pokemon imo.

Ver-mont

I might just be in the bargaining stage though :p

You are, most likely. But believe me, you could be doing far worse.

I think some people wanted at least 100 new Pokemon since all generations prior to this one have had at least that many new Pokemon themselves. Personally I think the mega Pokemon thing is the reason why there are only 69 confirmed new Pokemon at the moment. Clearly Gamefreak spent a lot of time and energy into designing them which resulted in fewer brand-new Pokemon imo.

Exactly. People seem to think the Megas magically popped up in the game without needing to be developed and programmed, consuming time and money.

Hasty

Moonside
I noticed preorder sales have dropped between BW and XY, so it's mostly just a light concern but a concern nonetheless.

I really hope that the next version of this generation will fix a lot of the problems people have (mainly a lack of a post game and adding in some more mega evolutions, especially for other starters).

Also I can't believe people don't like Goomy... ;-; how is that not an awesome design? That's gonna be my favorite Gen 6 Pokemon, I can feel it * ^ * next to Pangoro and Pumpkaboo anyway uwu

Yeah, I hope they fix the (possible) problems of X & Y in future games.

Also, I love the Goomy-line as well! When I saw it and read that it is the new pseudo-legendary I was like "Ok. Goomy-line will be the most loved line of the new Gen6 Pokemon!"

My favorites are:
Goomy-line
Skiddo-line
Binacle-line
Diggersby
Slurpuff
Pyroar
Klefki

And I totally hate: Doublade and Espurr

NiteMareRose

Anyone know if you can catch ralts early on in the game like lvl 5-10???

Regality

Digital King
But it's ridiculous of you to be upset over the limited amount of new Pokemon considering that GameFreak made huge graphic overhauls of every single Pokemon available, created new methods of battling Pokemon, allowed us a character editor, made a new type, and we got Megas. It's pretty selfish to be mad at GF over a small amount of new Pokemon considering they gave us so much in return. Think about all the coding they had to do for us, while some posters are still complaining! It's downright selfish.

Do.. do people forget that we give them money in exchange for the games or something?

amp88

Pokemon Master
Wow, cool. That's pretty unique. I hadn't heard about any of that; that's why I was curious.

Whoa, wait a minute. Skrelp's evo becomes Poison/Dragon? When was that mentioned? The front page dex has it listed as Poison/Water! Can I get some confirmation on this?

There is NO WAY that BW had more sales that XY will. No. Way.
I think XY is going to break records tbh. No matter how much people might complain about the lack of pokemon an blah, blah, blah, at the end of the day, they are still going to buy the games.

Black and white dame at the end of the ds' life, when it already had an enormous install base. 3ds has a significant install base, and of course Pokemon will push units like it always does, but it's a much younger console than the ds was, so don't be surprised if x/y starts off slower than b/w did due to this.

mtqc

MY BEANS!
There is no chance of them tossing out the franchise. There have been a handful of Mario games that haven't sold well, so that means they should deplete the franchise? Pokemon is one of Nintendo's strongest assets. They would not let GameFreak kick it to the curb. If the games go, so does the anime, manga, and the TCG. So much is at stake if GameFreak ends Pokemon.

Anyways, I'm not mad at the lack of new Pokemon. They aren't shoving them down our throats like last generation. Every generation is incorporated in the Dex seamlessly and the Fairy type is a welcomed addition.

You're probably right, yeah. That helps quell my fears. ; v ;

And @Morning Sun, the preorders are like 300k, BW's preorders were at around 900k, from what I remember the screenshot saying. I'd need to go find it again, though. Or maybe I'm dreaming the whole thing. xD

However, that doesn't take into account digital downloads and the fact that the 3DS is a newer console whereas the regular DS was around for like 8 years by that point.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I think this gen is more focused on not only megas and stuff but the new graphics and mechanices they are putting up as well as having all the older Pokemon this gen, hence having Pokemon bank as well for future generations.. with our introduction to Fairy typing

I bet seventh gen will have more than 100 Pokemon.

We got what we got and we should not get upset

Anyway I can't wait to use the new pokemon :)

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
The 3DS install base is only a fraction of what the DS install base was at the time of BW's release.

True, but a ton of people only buy Nintendo consoles for Pokemon, and won't buy a 3DS until X and Y are out.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I noticed preorder sales have dropped between BW and XY, so it's mostly just a light concern but a concern nonetheless.

XY already out sold B/W's pre-order sales in Japan though...they were the fastest selling 3DS game ever.

edu1987

Like some of you, I've been playing pokemon games since the first gen, and like some of you I'm really disappointed with the amount of new pokemon in these games. But it would be to stupid from GF's part to not say a word about the leaks if they were fake... Another fact for this pokedex to be real is spritzee and its counterpart evolutions, they were announced after te leaks started to spread. Lets get over it, enjoy (or not) the games, play with our favorite mons or with the new one.

Dad

For the Patriarch!

I'm not a fan of the Mega Evolutions. GameFreak created these games as a product to be sold, not as a backbreaking favor for the fans. I'm absolutely within my rights to be critical and not purchase the games. Wake up and realize that I'm allowed to dislike something regardless of the amount of effort put into it, especially when my money is involved.

Precisely, I'm on the same page.
My point is some people will just never be happy, regardless.
If we had more Pokemon and less MEga evos we'd be reading a bunch of "There arent enough Mega Evos! That's St00pit!!11Eleven".

noakai

And think about it, GF can't demand that the leakers give back the games. That's a lie.

No, but since the guy at the store was basically selling them to his friends, Nintendo/GF CAN tell them that if they don't get all copies back, they're gonna fine the store $2,000 per copy that doesn't come back and if they give them back, there's a better chance their friend might not be out of a job, because no way will a store keep an employee that cost them thousands because they sold a game they weren't supposed to.

Stores are actually entitled to fine a shop that breaks street date - that's how they punish stores that put out games early, whether it's Pokemon or Mass Effect or Battlefield. So that part isn't "fake" at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.