• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Photonkrios95

1, can happiness be raised outside of Pokemon Amie?
2, if 1 is a yes, can Eevee evolve into Sylveon through other happiness raising methods?

They are separate so we still have old happiness, for Espeon/Umbreon and amie is a different kind of affection.

-Nator-

In a trailer shown, Sylveon only took half damage from a Life Orb, rain boosted, Modest natured Politoed. What's more amazing? It was a crit!
To hell with Blissey.

Blazios

Remember, you can use three times as many Pokémon this gen as in any other.

Just because they're old Pokémon doesn't mean they don't exist.

Eeveemaster

Amemoth Fan :D
Wow what am I reading?

Anyway I'm just so glad we are having a new game to play with regardless of its shortcoming in the new Pokemon department but at least GameFreak tried to render it by incorporating as much Pokemon as possible which is what will make this game so much more memorable. Playing a new game with new Pokemon is great but playing a new game with your old favourites Pokemon is as much fun too without the post Poke League problem. After all who would want to beat the game so that you could play your favourite? Its better if we could have them right off the bat not after completing the game in almost its entirety..

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
He isn't saying you need to like it he says people should stop complaining about the amount of pokemon because of the amount of overhaul that happend

They could have spent plenty of time doing the job properly instead of rushing to get it out then. Seems more effort has gone into the graphics rather than the actual Pokemon. People are well within their rights to complain, as I'd rather a job take a long time and done properly, rather than rushing it and making it a half-baked effort. Haste makes waste. If they spent more time, they could have increased the Dex number, thought about the type chart more, etc.

Photonkrios95

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
OK nice Sylveon needs to be Amie'd

Offically calling my Eevee that will evolve into Sylveon Ninteevee since Pokemon Amie is like NIntendogs xD

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
[rant]The back tracking some of you are doing is so sad. There are no theories, there isn't a conspiracy, Gamefreak isn't punishing us, or toying with us. No where did they say "Over 100 new Pokemon to find" or did they try to bamboozle you into buying the game with promises of rainbows and sprinkles. If you feel that you are unsatisfied with the game, then that's fine you don't need to buy it. Twiddle your thumbs until R/S/E get their remakes or Gen VII comes along and you can complain about that one too. Coming back to the thread every few pages to say the same thing isn't doing anything, so if you're that bothered by the games then just leave the thread. The number as of right now is 69, nothing is changing that. The denial some of you are having and thirst to logically explain something so minimal as 70 Pokemon, and yet have thrown everything else out the door like long awaited features is beyond me. I understand difference of opinion, and I think its great, I'm not happy with some parts I've seen either, but to this "OMg 70 Pokemon only, Gamefreak why?!?!11?" thing that's been going on for pages is getting so tiring.

Its like some of you are just LOOKING for things to whine about. I'm not saying anyone that says anything bad about is wrong, as I don't think they're perfect either, but you get what I mean. Although I shouldn't be surprised, the Pokemon fandom literally is so hard to please now. I really feel bad for Gamefreak sometimes. The fact that in Gen IV and V people were all complaining about the plethora of legendary Pokemon and now that they didn't make so many, and people still complain just proves how whiny this fandom can be. [/rant]

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge

jonnyc

And we're giving them money per year now in some cases too.
:eek:

Then don't buy it (not to come off as rude). As long as most people are happy, then GF will continue to make Pokemon. I know it's twisted in some ways. I too really hope for Ice types to gain more… usability, but for all we know some will get a movepool buff. We also still have the legendary trio to be released. There are 3 trademarked names still floating around, as Jigarude was claimed as Zygarde.

noakai

Masuda gave an interview saying that they had hoped to release these games simultaneously around the world for "seven years." IMO that means they've been in development for at least that long, right? This game isn't "rushed" then - it's more than likely exactly what they wanted to release, low number of new pokes and Mega evolutions and all. Whether people like it or not is another thing, but saying they're "rushed" when they've said they've been working on them for years doesn't make sense.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
You know what? If you're going to complain about the lack of Pokemon, maybe you should understand a few things first.

They just moved to a whole new system, based around 3D graphics. They have to make models for 700+ Pokemon, make new designs including Mega evolutions, ext. It's extremely time consuming, especially because it's their first jump from 2D to 3D, and if we want a more fun game, we're going to have to let the new Pokemon slide.

Also, remember, this generation's focus is more on Mega Pokemon. Not normal, generic Pokemon, but Mega. They have to make many designs to please fans, so they would have to cut the roster of new Pokemon.

If you can't accept those reasons, you really need accept things for the way they are and stop crying over it. It's harsh, but it's true.

I'm sorry, but aid rather a job done properly and us wait until a 2014 release rather than a rushed, hastened job with little Dex space to show for it. They could have easily taken as much time as they needed to perfect the game, they didn't need to design the game at 200mph.

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
[rant]The back tracking some of you are doing is so sad. There are no theories, there isn't a conspiracy, Gamefreak isn't punishing us, or toying with us. No where did they say "Over 100 new Pokemon to find" or did they try to bamboozle you into buying the game with promises of rainbows and sprinkles. If you feel that you are unsatisfied with the game, then that's fine you don't need to buy it. Twiddle your thumbs until R/S/E get their remakes or Gen VII comes along and you can complain about that one too. Coming back to the thread every few pages to say the same thing isn't doing anything, so if you're that bothered by the games then just leave the thread. The number as of right now is 69, nothing is changing that. The denial some of you are having and thirst to logically explain something so minimal as 70 Pokemon, and yet have thrown everything else out the door like long awaited features is beyond me. I understand difference of opinion, and I think its great, I'm not happy with some parts I've seen either, but to this "OMg 70 Pokemon only, Gamefreak why?!?!11?" thing that's been going on for pages is getting so tiring.

Its like some of you are just LOOKING for things to whine about. I'm not saying anyone that says anything bad about is wrong, as I don't think they're perfect either, but you get what I mean. Although I shouldn't be surprised, the Pokemon fandom literally is so hard to please now. I really feel bad for Gamefreak sometimes. The fact that in Gen IV and V people were all complaining about the plethora of legendary Pokemon and now that they didn't make so many, and people still complain just proves how whiny this fandom can be. [/rant]

Finally something good gets posted. I'm not as quick to judge people who aren't satisfied with only 70 Pokémon, though, but I understand the need to point out people's overreaction.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard

Hear, hear friend. I was shocked at first, but the game is so much more than new pokemon. People need to understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.