• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
:eek:

Then don't buy it (not to come off as rude). As long as most people are happy, then GF will continue to make Pokemon. I know it's twisted in some ways. I too really hope for Ice types to gain more… usability, but for all we know some will get a movepool buff. We also still have the legendary trio to be released. There are 3 trademarked names still floating around, as Jigarude was claimed as Zygarde.

No offense taken. Hopefully Avalugg will get a decent move pool as many mono-Ice types in Gen V didn't. For all those complaining (myself included), we're still going to buy the game, which is the most paradoxical thing about it. But there has been a Lot more grief for this generation than any other I can ever remember.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
So, with Sylveon's stats, can we conclude its stat spread that matches with every Eeveelution ?

HP - 95
Attack - 65
Defense - 65
Special Attack - 110
Special Defense - 130
Speed - 60

Hasty

Moonside
Masuda gave an interview saying that they had hoped to release these games simultaneously around the world for "seven years." That means they've been in development for at least that long. This game isn't "rushed" - it's more than likely exactly what they wanted to release, low number of new pokes and Mega evolutions and all. Whether people like it or not is another thing, but saying they're "rushed" when they've said they've been working on them for years doesn't make sense.
Not related to your argument, but
I don't really think the games took "really" that long... the 3DS was released in 2011... they started working in 2006/7? Lol, that's ridiculous...
They are just hyping, probably they even see their trip to France (and other little things) as part of the development... But that's not really enough effort to create a Pokemon game.

---
So, Sylveon has feelers. It could also be Bug-type. :)

Last edited:

BroaddySN

We are Siamese
Masuda gave an interview saying that they had hoped to release these games simultaneously around the world for "seven years." IMO that means they've been in development for at least that long, right? This game isn't "rushed" then - it's more than likely exactly what they wanted to release, low number of new pokes and Mega evolutions and all. Whether people like it or not is another thing, but saying they're "rushed" when they've said they've been working on them for years doesn't make sense.

No, Masuda said they've been wanting to release the games simultaneously for seven years, referring to his hopes of simultaneous releases from games even as far back as Emerald. He was not saying X/Y have been in development for seven years.

Photonkrios95

Masuda gave an interview saying that they had hoped to release these games simultaneously around the world for "seven years." IMO that means they've been in development for at least that long, right? This game isn't "rushed" then - it's more than likely exactly what they wanted to release, low number of new pokes and Mega evolutions and all. Whether people like it or not is another thing, but saying they're "rushed" when they've said they've been working on them for years doesn't make sense.

I think he meant he's wanted a simulations release for A Pokemon game for 7 years, not necessarily this one it just happened to be the first one that it could be done with,

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
On the bright side atleast there's less new Pokemon I need to train! Thus saving time for global online battling. Something I have been unable to do until X and Y! Can't wait to trade my 100+ old guys over from White and incorporate them into new teams with the Mega's and new Pokes. I'll see you guys on the battlefield!

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
Apparently they've been working on this game before Gen V was released. I could understand the irritation at only 70 new Pokemon when they've been working on this game for years.

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge
So, with Sylveon's stats, can we conclude its stat spread that matches with every Eeveelution ?

I think it's safe to say we can, Prince. and it's neat too how each one of Eevee's many evolutions works out;

Flareon is high in Attack
Jolteon is high in Speed
Vaporeon is high in HP
Espeon and Glaceon are high in Special Attack
Umbreon and Sylveon are high in Special Defense
and Leafeon is high in Defense

Rio!

Composer

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Hear, hear friend. I was shocked at first, but the game is so much more than new pokemon. People need to understand that.

I totaly agree with you on that

Sylveon has amazing stats... and I wasn't planning to use her at all for online play. I might reconsider that

Dex entry is cute :3

[rant]The back tracking some of you are doing is so sad. There are no theories, there isn't a conspiracy, Gamefreak isn't punishing us, or toying with us. No where did they say "Over 100 new Pokemon to find" or did they try to bamboozle you into buying the game with promises of rainbows and sprinkles. If you feel that you are unsatisfied with the game, then that's fine you don't need to buy it. Twiddle your thumbs until R/S/E get their remakes or Gen VII comes along and you can complain about that one too. Coming back to the thread every few pages to say the same thing isn't doing anything, so if you're that bothered by the games then just leave the thread. The number as of right now is 69, nothing is changing that. The denial some of you are having and thirst to logically explain something so minimal as 70 Pokemon, and yet have thrown everything else out the door like long awaited features is beyond me. I understand difference of opinion, and I think its great, I'm not happy with some parts I've seen either, but to this "OMg 70 Pokemon only, Gamefreak why?!?!11?" thing that's been going on for pages is getting so tiring.

Its like some of you are just LOOKING for things to whine about. I'm not saying anyone that says anything bad about is wrong, as I don't think they're perfect either, but you get what I mean. Although I shouldn't be surprised, the Pokemon fandom literally is so hard to please now. I really feel bad for Gamefreak sometimes. The fact that in Gen IV and V people were all complaining about the plethora of legendary Pokemon and now that they didn't make so many, and people still complain just proves how whiny this fandom can be. [/rant]

Hope you don't mind me sigging this. :D

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
I would actually like it so much more without the soulless eyes and the creepy feeler bows e.e

So how useful is Cute Charm as an ability if it's base defense isn't very high.

Status
Not open for further replies.