• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
[rant]The back tracking some of you are doing is so sad. There are no theories, there isn't a conspiracy, Gamefreak isn't punishing us, or toying with us. No where did they say "Over 100 new Pokemon to find" or did they try to bamboozle you into buying the game with promises of rainbows and sprinkles. If you feel that you are unsatisfied with the game, then that's fine you don't need to buy it. Twiddle your thumbs until R/S/E get their remakes or Gen VII comes along and you can complain about that one too. Coming back to the thread every few pages to say the same thing isn't doing anything, so if you're that bothered by the games then just leave the thread. The number as of right now is 69, nothing is changing that. The denial some of you are having and thirst to logically explain something so minimal as 70 Pokemon, and yet have thrown everything else out the door like long awaited features is beyond me. I understand difference of opinion, and I think its great, I'm not happy with some parts I've seen either, but to this "OMg 70 Pokemon only, Gamefreak why?!?!11?" thing that's been going on for pages is getting so tiring.

Its like some of you are just LOOKING for things to whine about. I'm not saying anyone that says anything bad about is wrong, as I don't think they're perfect either, but you get what I mean. Although I shouldn't be surprised, the Pokemon fandom literally is so hard to please now. I really feel bad for Gamefreak sometimes. The fact that in Gen IV and V people were all complaining about the plethora of legendary Pokemon and now that they didn't make so many, and people still complain just proves how whiny this fandom can be. [/rant]

I posted something like this a couple days ago as well, and received the same sort of praise you did (from all but one user). Know that we share your pain, at least I do.

Don't worry; not ALL of us are acting so foolishly. It'll take more than a low pokemon count to dissuade me from buying this game--I've been dying for it since release; and in my book Megas count as new pokemon anyway (perhaps they're the reason we don't have true Legendarys?). Generally the only ones who are complaining this much ironically fall outside GF's target audience; so a majority of their hearsay really shouldn't bother Game Freak too much. If you think the Pokemon Fanbase is full of pouty princesses, you will not be pleased with the likes of Sonic the Hedgehog's. At all.

EDIT: forget that, Sylveon's stats are excellent-- It's like Chansey with an HP nerf and S.Atk that can actually do something to foes! Definitely getting one; but like almost all Eeveelutions its movepool is likely to leave a lot to be desired.

Last edited:

Shraeder

It's Lit
Slyveon seems like a pretty good pokemon. Speed kinda bad but it's good

Even though I love fast Pokemon, I think I'll just use Sylveon as my tank.

Primera Stark

Wicked like Gengar
Don't they just reuse the old stadium base models/animation only tweeked to look better? I remember watching the 3D Dex animations and they where straight from Stadium only with more polygons.

Well, I don't know about that because I don't play Stadium games.

BtmnPenguin2

Stupid question, but we're allowed to transfer pokemon from Black and White over, right?

Pokeo

So how does Pokemon Amie work with evolving Sylveon? Like do you have to do it alot of times or till some thing happens and eevee evolves

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
They're the Legendary birds of Kanto.

I'd be surprised if the legendary birds of Johto were suddenly roaming:
- Casually stroling on Route 3.. Ow, another Furfrou again.. Wait.. what's this tune.. o.0
- Wild Ho-oh appeared.
- THE DARJEELING TEA!?!?!?
- Used Ultra Ball, the pokemon appeared to be caught!
- Wild Ho-oh fled!
- NOOOO!!! :'(

Kanto starters, Mewtwo, Bird Trio. They really wanted to cater to the older fans haha.

Or they really think that they don't have any new fans at all...

You know what? If you're going to complain about the lack of Pokemon, maybe you should understand a few things first.

They just moved to a whole new system, based around 3D graphics. They have to make models for 700+ Pokemon, make new designs including Mega evolutions, ext. It's extremely time consuming, especially because it's their first jump from 2D to 3D, and if we want a more fun game, we're going to have to let the new Pokemon slide.

Also, remember, this generation's focus is more on Mega Pokemon. Not normal, generic Pokemon, but Mega. They have to make many designs to please fans, so they would have to cut the roster of new Pokemon.

If you can't accept those reasons, you really need accept things for the way they are and stop crying over it. It's harsh, but it's true.

So this is the first generation of pokemon, where the current generation doesn't count, by what you're saying.. Charizard -> Delphox is essentially what you're saying. It's a horrid choice by GameFreak, and one that just shows that they are slipping up with the franchise.

It's harsh but it's true? No, it's shite and you're interpreting.. That's what's true.

Masuda gave an interview saying that they had hoped to release these games simultaneously around the world for "seven years." IMO that means they've been in development for at least that long, right? This game isn't "rushed" then - it's more than likely exactly what they wanted to release, low number of new pokes and Mega evolutions and all. Whether people like it or not is another thing, but saying they're "rushed" when they've said they've been working on them for years doesn't make sense.

Honestly, they were juggling with the PokeBank/Transporter-issues just a few months ago (at the E3), so they arguably finished one of the most important features at the last moment, after the game was already officially announced. He did say something along seven years. Guess what, the 3DS didn't even start development back then! The developer kits were sent out in 2009. So how the heck could they have been working on this game for seven years, while the only thing they had was that the 3DS was going to probably use stereoscopic 3D - Which they eventually barely used - IF it weren't for designing characters/monsters/developing story?

That's the only reason why I wanted to believe Masuda's claim, because they couldn't have started working on the game, as in coding, seven years ago, the hardware didn't exist. Thus those first two years must have gone into designing characters and pokemon - and probably would not have stopped after those two years. So they literally had seven years to come up with designs, draw the 3D angles up so they can be made easier, yet, they only have 69+40 odd Mega Evolutions?

I'd like to know what they did during those years before the 3DS was even invented.

I'm sorry, but aid rather a job done properly and us wait until a 2014 release rather than a rushed, hastened job with little Dex space to show for it. They could have easily taken as much time as they needed to perfect the game, they didn't need to design the game at 200mph.

Normally I'd agree, but you have to think about the 3DS as well. It had a very rough start, and the previous generation came out on the regular DS, leaving the 3DS - their brand new and shiny handheld system - without one of their most banking franchises on which they do rely on in order to breakeven, for two years. Now, Nintendo has enough money to bridge that gap, but I don't think that it would be good business to wait even longer. It's not as if they could've thrown out a remake for 3DS, before giving us a new generation first, that's just not how it works with the connectivity issues and all.

R3-T7

Ok so here is an obscure question, but have we seen the gender of a magnemite yet? There was a picture that came out when the pokemon bank was announced that had a female magnezone in a screenshot. since the Sword pokemon seem to be gendered i wonder if previously ungendered pokemon might gain gender. This sounds ridiculous but heres the screen from a while ago

15.jpg

Any thoughts or ideas?

shadow wolf

The one and only!
Sigh, these games weren't in development for seven years. That'd be a ridiculous lose of money along with vision. There's a reason why game development is ideally between 2-5 years.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
using the poke bank app, yes

Hope they can take their items with them. I will need allot of Leftovers and Focus Sash's over-wise.

Wait a sec, there's a ground/psychic squirrel? I'm getting this from kalos-pkmnacademy.

Pokeo

I don't know why people complain so much over the amount of pokemon. I mean the designs of most of the pokemon are good and their stats are okay. Better to have good pokemon than more pokemon that are bad.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Ok so here is an obscure question, but have we seen the gender of a magnemite yet? There was a picture that came out when the pokemon bank was announced that had a female magnezone in a screenshot. since the Sword pokemon seem to be gendered i wonder if previously ungendered pokemon might gain gender. This sounds ridiculous but heres the screen from a while ago

View attachment 10570

Any thoughts or ideas?

It has long been corrected in the official site. It remains genderless.

Status
Not open for further replies.