• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

strikeZone13

Merc with a mouth
Welp not much to talk about now, guess the onlything to hope for is post-game new pokes

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
http://instagram.com/p/fGWLtlFhoO/#
http://instagram.com/p/fIZLv9lhpg/

'Count your shinnies more and more thats the way to find your score'
Please tell me someone on here from the UK gets the reference.

But in all seriousness treat with caution just in case.
Also Mega Dragonite, may or may not be fake:
http://i.imgur.com/7af12dF.png
I don't trust any of these.
I doubt anyone has a shiny Pokemon, the leaks haven't been going long enough.
Dragonite mega is questionable too.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
http://instagram.com/p/fGWLtlFhoO/#
http://instagram.com/p/fIZLv9lhpg/

'Count your shinnies more and more thats the way to find your score'
Please tell me someone on here from the UK gets the reference.

But in all seriousness treat with caution just in case.
Also Mega Dragonite, may or may not be fake:
http://i.imgur.com/7af12dF.png

HACKS 'R US, SON.

One of those pics is really dated by now (Shiny fennekin), and I'm pretty sure the coloring on Xerneas was played with in fanart already. Call me a skeptic.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Considering the age of these games' target audience, one could argue complaining about getting what they want could be a national sport of theirs. Look no further than the reveal for the Starters' final forms for solid proof of this: all THREE of them were spat on; yet Greninja only gained a following because the majority of users decided it was "awesome" only after rejecting Delphox and Chesnaught.

Before that, Greninja was seen as gross and unoriginal, yet now people all over finally accept it. It's laughable really. Not to stomp on the opinion of others, but as Takaru said there are a couple of users who log in just to spit on games they were crushing on in January now (even users who get accounts JUST to spit on XY, then vanish into the abyss of the Internet evermore).

Despite my harsh look on this fanbase at large, I can't say it is complete nonsense--that would be hypocritical, as I'm a part of it. I've found that it's usually the acts of a very loud, very vocal minority of the fanbase whose slander seeks to ruin it as a whole.

Well, I've seen either Greninja or Chesnaught getting love (the latter more so due to fanart) depending on where you go, but that's beside your point. While there's definitely a "pick your poison" mentality throughout some of the fanbase, I can't say that all of those two starter's fans came just from that logic. With Greninja for instance, it may just be that with time, they grew used to the changes it underwent and grew to like it, or liked it from the get-go but kept quiet due to it maybe being fake. Similarly, Chesnaught may've just been popular just because of its looks, it's hard to say with this large a fanbase since it's not a hive mind. I'm sure there's a lot of geniune fans for these Pokemon, it's just that the negatively of the fanbase is making things harder to pick out.

LinksOcarina

The true master
we still dont have a greninja dex entry

dont know why :(

Who else are we missing an evolution method for?

Last I checked, the grass ghosts still. It's being worked on.

LinksOcarina

The true master
The two Ghost/Grass and I think that's it. Has it been confirmed that Inkay evolves by holding the 3DS upside down?

It has last I heard.

I must admit that one is a little daft imo.

Photonkrios95

we still dont have a greninja dex entry

dont know why :(

Who else are we missing an evolution method for?

We don't know the exact level for Noibat-Noivern yet if that counts.

JakeF

Banned
Anyone have a pic of Noiverns stats??

Pokeo

What level does Spritzee evolve? And does anyone have any screens of Aromatisse's stats/moves?

They evolve trading with a items -cake or something

mtqc

MY BEANS!
Well, I've seen either Greninja or Chesnaught getting love (the latter more so due to fanart) depending on where you go, but that's beside your point. While there's definitely a "pick your poison" mentality throughout some of the fanbase, I can't say that all of those two starter's fans came just from that logic. With Greninja for instance, it may just be that with time, they grew used to the changes it underwent and grew to like it, or liked it from the get-go but kept quiet due to it maybe being fake. Similarly, Chesnaught may've just been popular just because of its looks, it's hard to say with this large a fanbase since it's not a hive mind. I'm sure there's a lot of geniune fans for these Pokemon, it's just that the negatively of the fanbase is making things harder to pick out.

Gotta agree with you on this one, as well -- Scrafty is my absolute all time favorite, hands down bar none husbando forever etc etc

When I first saw Scrafty, I absolutely hated it. Despised it. It was the worst one, it was just a goofy bobblehead with oompa loompa skin and a lame mohawk. I'm just saying that tastes can change -- it doesn't mean that people are being hypocritical.

I hated Greninja at first, but some fanart pieces and a screenshot of it in Pokemon Amie made me love it instantly.

When someone says they like something, it doesn't mean they need to stick to that forever, that's just dooming yourself. Tastes change. The only bad thing I could see is prior haters going "oh I liked it all along!" when screenshots were floating around of it as fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.