• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLR

Vivillon Trader
It has last I heard.

I must admit that one is a little daft imo.

Yes but I think they wanted to increase the communication between fans...if I recall one of the interviews said something about one of the focus points for this game was bonds...
make an obscure way people start trying stuff...start saying I tried this this and this none worked someone else pipes up well I tried these they didn't work what else is there and start experimenting...

TRG

Pokeo

Flesh bows are totally normal o.o mhm yea... I'd definetley want a pokemon who has ribbons attached to them o-o

storm12

Weather Bearer
We're not getting another Eeveelution. Blame Emolga for that; and it's been proven already.

I second this guy. The anime was really not much else than a promotional tool (debatable logic on my part) and one of the reasons why I lost my stomach for it as an adult. It's also the reason why Ash never grows up, wins a single league or will ever become the Master he's set on becoming for the last 15 or so years.

Aw now :( me disappoints. But seriously. TBF Sylveon was pure and utter, SHEER marketing for Gimmick type. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see anymore Eeveelutions any time soon :(

You know something that bugs me is that GF don't have much commitment to a cause do they? Aside from shifting games... they don't have much integrity as a body of fiction.

I honestly proclaim, that Mega Evolution seems like such a terrible thing for the game in many ways, because as well as choking the dex, it has just slipped into a another gear battlewise- leaving stuff like Buttefree out in the utter cold and giving Mega Evlutions to the most powerful pokemon out there- it seems like the reason for introducing Fairy was just a load of BS :L the game has experienced a dramatic power creep because of Megas and it isn't a change or addition we can ignore or put aside- like contests etc. if that wasn't peoples cup of tea, sure, you don't have to take part- but Megas have evidently had a knock on effect on the power balance of the game AND the body of the dex- also it has changed the whole dynamic of evolution families, completely- stuff like Mawile where we at one time could have expected an evo- now have a Mega Evo, but whut? Sylveon in a way seems way out of place in this dex :S

Yup, that is what I find so laughable about the anime; it isn't something that grows with the fanbase, in anyway or form- it is the same as Ash- no room for maturation or true development, because it has no integrity as a show in it's own right at all- it is TOTALLY and utterly a marketing tool. Pure and simple. From the brief stuff I know of the various manga series'- there is some real development in there and less creepy mental stasis and character for ever chasing an impossible horizon :L that is why I wish they actually WROTE ASH OUT OF THE ANIME :p but it will never happen... that is why we don't get any development, GF thinks it's fans are too attached to this character... or something..er... no. S'why I don't expect to see a Chestnaught on Ash's team, you just KNOW Chespin will stay as is- if any of them have a chance of evolving I think it's Froakie..

Mind you- X and Y seems the perfect time for them to have rebooted the anime as they have a traveling party to go straight from the games; Tierno, Shauna and the like... the male gym leader/female in-game trainer format is so tired :L

LinksOcarina

The true master
Yes but I think they wanted to increase the communication between fans...if I recall one of the interviews said something about one of the focus points for this game was bonds...
make an obscure way people start trying stuff...start saying I tried this this and this none worked someone else pipes up well I tried these they didn't work what else is there and start experimenting...

I figure the pokemon-amie would be more experimental to the game itself than the physical aspects of turning a DS on its head.

I don't know...I normally don't mind things like that but it does feel a tad gimicky to me.

IMACHARIZARDGUY

Pokemon Master
so the dex is complete, i knew it was around the 70 mark and well im sort of sad and happy. the new pokes are pretty good and imo a lot better than gen 5 even if its the shortest dex.

Hope we get some evolutions for these in the next game like helioptile getting a second evolution perhaps

All in all now that the dex has been revealed i guess the megas are the mystery now

LLR

Vivillon Trader
However; it makes sense seeing their design.

This probably doesn't belong here, but was it ever confirmed that one of your rivals gives you the final form of their starter (the one weak to yours) at the end of the game?

on of the Mods posted a spoiler that Kanpachi said it was the starter weak to yours not weak.

Last edited:

TRG

But why? Sylveon is so cute!

Haha I'm just being silly. Honestly I've never been huge on Eeveelutions even since Gen1... Not quite sure why though since most of them are pretty cool.

Plus I just really like Flabebe and her evolutions in general. Florges is gorgeous. <3

cmats4020

Do.. do people forget that we give them money in exchange for the games or something?

Do people forget what our money goes towards? New games, new content within the games, etc. GF really delivered this time, and people are still complaining over the lack of total Pokemon when GF was the company who had to code in every single Pokemon ever made into a 3D form! We have so much content in this game, yet people aren't selfish for not wanting to buy a game based on the fact that there's only 70 new Pokemon? What are they then, saints?

LinksOcarina

The true master
so the dex is complete, i knew it was around the 70 mark and well im sort of sad and happy. the new pokes are pretty good and imo a lot better than gen 5 even if its the shortest dex.

Hope we get some evolutions for these in the next game like helioptile getting a second evolution perhaps

All in all now that the dex has been revealed i guess the megas are the mystery now

Honestly, Gen V had a lot of good pokemon in it. I don't get the hate for the designs when its usually centered around 10 pokemon for being bad designs overall.

If you ask me, it was Gen IV that had the weakest showing in terms of the designs really. But thats my opinion I guess.

Pokeo

on of the Mods posted a spoiler that Kanpachi said it was the starter Strong to yours not weak.

So if i choose Froakie later i get Chespin o-o?

KozunaiKururugi

Haha I'm just being silly. Honestly I've never been huge on Eeveelutions even since Gen1... Not quite sure why though since most of them are pretty cool.

Plus I just really like Flabebe and her evolutions in general. Florges is gorgeous. <3

Florges kinda creeps me out to be honest.

Phantom Firefly

Pokemon Trainer

Helioptile Evolve Via Sun Stone.

GatedSunOne

Like A Rockefeller
Well, I've seen either Greninja or Chesnaught getting love (the latter more so due to fanart) depending on where you go, but that's beside your point. While there's definitely a "pick your poison" mentality throughout some of the fanbase, I can't say that all of those two starter's fans came just from that logic. With Greninja for instance, it may just be that with time, they grew used to the changes it underwent and grew to like it, or liked it from the get-go but kept quiet due to it maybe being fake. Similarly, Chesnaught may've just been popular just because of its looks, it's hard to say with this large a fanbase since it's not a hive mind. I'm sure there's a lot of geniune fans for these Pokemon, it's just that the negatively of the fanbase is making things harder to pick out.

...Wow. You have a good point on Greninja, actually. I used him as an example because everyone I ran into personally wanted it to be fake pretty bad. Delphox definitely got the short end of the affection stick, though.

It's not all of us, but sometimes I look over Gamefaqs, Serebii and Smogon and find myself shaking my head and wondering if there's any pleasing even 60% of the fanbase. We got the Starter evos, and they raged. They got the type of Sylveon, and the raged (even more). They wanted less pokemon/legendarys that the vocal minority felt were nothing more than filler, and now that we have THAT people are cancelling preorders and starting outrageous polls on which Gen, Kalos or Unova, did the most damage to the franchise.

To be frank, those people sicken me to my very core. I can only pray that they're rubbing noses with the series' target audience so I can ignore their bias, but these last few months have brought out the worst in some fans. With each new pokemon leaked, the issue just seems to get bigger...It's sad.

strikeZone13

Merc with a mouth
Gotta agree with you on this one, as well -- Scrafty is my absolute all time favorite, hands down bar none husbando forever etc etc

When I first saw Scrafty, I absolutely hated it. Despised it. It was the worst one, it was just a goofy bobblehead with oompa loompa skin and a lame mohawk. I'm just saying that tastes can change -- it doesn't mean that people are being hypocritical.

I hated Greninja at first, but some fanart pieces and a screenshot of it in Pokemon Amie made me love it instantly.

When someone says they like something, it doesn't mean they need to stick to that forever, that's just dooming yourself. Tastes change. The only bad thing I could see is prior haters going "oh I liked it all along!" when screenshots were floating around of it as fake.

I think we've all had experiences like that, I didn't always like Bisharp, But then i saw some awesome fan art and I fell in love. Everyone has to remember what a fickle audience the pokemon fanbase is, but at keast it's a loyal one.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Gotta agree with you on this one, as well -- Scrafty is my absolute all time favorite, hands down bar none husbando forever etc etc

When I first saw Scrafty, I absolutely hated it. Despised it. It was the worst one, it was just a goofy bobblehead with oompa loompa skin and a lame mohawk. I'm just saying that tastes can change -- it doesn't mean that people are being hypocritical.

I hated Greninja at first, but some fanart pieces and a screenshot of it in Pokemon Amie made me love it instantly.

When someone says they like something, it doesn't mean they need to stick to that forever, that's just dooming yourself. Tastes change. The only bad thing I could see is prior haters going "oh I liked it all along!" when screenshots were floating around of it as fake.

Agreed, sometimes either growing into a different perspective or even seeing the Pokemon in a different light gives us a chance to appreciate it more. For instance, similar to you and Scrafty, I didn't grow to like Samurott that much until I saw that its design incorporated those Shell blades from the previous members of its line and looked at the depictions of shogun. Both of those made me really appreciate his design and concept, so I grew to love it.

Changing your opinion on things isn't a negative, it just means that things have changed in how you see certain things.

Ninfia-Fan

on of the Mods posted a spoiler that Kanpachi said it was the starter Strong to yours not weak.

Will there be two rivals like B/W? Or just the one with the stronger starter? I'd prefer to have only one, but with the huge gaps between gyms we might be seeing two rivals.

On topic, I don't mind the lack of Pokemon. In fact, that makes the games unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.