• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regality

Digital King
I would've thought there would be three stags, and Xerneas, being the fourth stag, would be the trio and the fourth Pokemo (master of the trio).

Well, since it seems they want a "deity" from each realm, it is much easier to combine the "stags" into one. And thus Xerneas was created. The stones match down to the Tee.
Stone of the sun, stone of the night, stone of Blue, and Stone of Red.
Xerneas is the four Stags.
Yveltal is Hræsvelgr.
And Zygarde, although very loose in comparison, is Nidhogg.

storm12

Weather Bearer
That can be the new "Do you even lift bro?".

hehe geekdom :)

This debate of the mythical influences is an interesting one though, but I think people are sorta taking it a little too closed off into a specific path when there could be multiple influences upon the [essentially new, unique] myth of the Kalos region- so modelling it off something too closely might not be worth it.

Arcanineblitz

Are there any pokemon that have a possibility of being retyped to fairy that can stand up to pseudo legendary dragons?

America works, actually. The Muskedeers represent France's contribution in the creation of our country, and the Chinese trio is from Little China in New York.

I'm re-posting this due to the flood of posts generally swallowing up small posts.

The stags? As in all four put into one? As in Xerneas?
Have you ever read the Poetic Edda?

I have read part of it. I had to put it on hold due to school. I am aware of the stags primarily due to my interest in Ragnarok, and the fatalism of Norse Mythology.

Xerneas could easily be the four stags in one creature - it has eight horns, whereas stags have but two. It's a stretch, but it has some basis in the design of the creature.

Xerneas could easily be the four stags in one creature - it has eight horns, whereas stags have but two. It's a stretch, but it has some basis in the design of the creature.

That's what it is.
Each of the "stags" has a gem in their horns.
A stone of the sun, yellow. Stone of the night, purple. Stone of Blue. And Stone of Red.
All of which Xerneas coincidentally has?

TWN

5326 7398 1244
I would've thought there would be three stags, and Xerneas, being the fourth stag, would be the trio and the fourth Pokemo (master of the trio).

No, I think Xerneas in itself represents all four stags. Hence the four sets of different-colored antlers.

That's what it is.
Each of the "stags" has a gem in their horns.
A stone of the sun, yellow. Stone of the night, purple. Stone of Blue. And Stone of Red.
All of which Xerneas coincidentally has?

I'm sorry, MuhFugginMoose, I misread your post and thought you were asking me that question. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.