• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dex Speculation/Discussion Thread [READ THE FIRST POST FOR UPDATES]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakurai

Now that I think of it, it would be logical...
[SPOIL].. as Grant, the second gym leader, uses both Amaura and Tyrunt in his gym battle. It would be right if there was some sort of fossil restoration center/museum somewhere in his town.[/SPOIL]

You can find Old Amber in a cave right near that town, so I'd assume that to be the case.

Photonkrios95

I was reading the first post, what does Masuda mean that it is impossible to collect all Pokemon? Does he mean the event Pokemon or more?

I think it just means that not every pokemon will appear in game, as catchables or gifts, such as the event legendaries, I'd also expect the Unova legndaries not to appear also.

DSDark

Breeder
The leaks are not from betas, they aren't fake games. They are 100% the real deal. What we have seen for pokemon is what we are getting. DEAL

Kodama

That hoax is so ridiculous you guys shouldn't waste a single second wondering if it might be real. They can't even spell "Pokémon" properly, for Christ's sake.
Actually it's ポケモン. It makes no sense to translate it to "pokémon".

GreatGonzales

The Master
I doubt Carbink will get it due to it's defense stats being almost that of Shuckle.

Are the stats you mentioned from a screenshot, or base stats?

It seems to me like there won't even be that many new pokemon this generation. There are around 60 now, right? And there are a few blank spots I'm each regional pokedex. That means there can't be 100. There will probably by 80, max. That's dissapointing to me.

Bluemage21

It seems to me like there won't even be that many new pokemon this generation. There are around 60 now, right? And there are a few blank spots I'm each regional pokedex. That means there can't be 100. There will probably by 80, max. That's dissapointing to me.

there are 69 pokemon, thats it besides event pokemon.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I doubt Carbink will get it due to it's defense stats being almost that of Shuckle.

A Pokémon can still evolve while not increasing a or few specific stats; Duosion's Speed and Special Attack remain the same after evolution. Carbink could evolve into something that just concentrate into offense or speed.

Photonkrios95

there are 69 reveald with all number between Chespin and Z legandary taken so at best their will be no more than maybe 5/6 others if theirs 1/2 hidden ones after it and the n the events.

dman_dustin

of course, an evolution means Eviolite Carbink

It's their fault for giving Carbink such high defense stats.

No one said they couldn't be lower, so Carbink could gain an evolution in the future.

Edit: Eviolite Carbink wouldn't still be able to touch Shuckle though, as it only would have 225 (right or am I wrong?

Last edited:

Arxeon

No one said they couldn't be lower, so Carbink could gain an evolution in the future.
Or eviolite Carbink could be the new shuckle

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

orrrrrrrrrr

they don't evolve Carbink because they're guessing Eviolite Carbink would be evil

it's like saying "well, it's their fault for making Ferrothorn really good, it could've been worse, ergo an evolution is possible"

TWN

5326 7398 1244
In the first post of this thread, Mewtwo is listed as #151 in the Mountain Dex. Is that confirmed?

I wonder where that will put the legendary birds. The birds are roamers, so would they get spots in the Mountain Dex or only be in the National Dex?

Status
Not open for further replies.